• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The better question is, do you have characters who are ready to have demo videos made about them?

And since a negatory answer to that question wasn't your primary response to the other question... ;)

Ecks

Smash Lord
The patch will come out when it's over 9000 (...by 9000).

Now that that's out of the way, do you guys plan to make videos for low melee tiers and brawl characters only?

:phone:

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Brawl and low tier characters are those who are gonna be modified the most. So I see logic that they show these chars first and if they have time enough, show the others.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Let's face it, do you really want to see Falco's HD graphics over some gameplay modifications?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah I'd rather see Brawl characters and low tiers. Seems like a waste of time to make a sheik/fox/falco/etc. video since we know how they're gonna play. Plus the demo.

What they should make is an universal AT video showing things like Fox using b reversal lasers and Brawl ATs.

Edit: DVDV28, Where is this HD of which you speak off?

D

Deleted member

Are you guys gonna speed up ****ty tech rolls for characters who don't need to have tech rolls that bad like Bowser, Gnw, Pikachu, etc?

I think you could do that with rolls and jump frames as well with it being a small thing that can go a long way towards helping a character. Not to mention making characters wavedashes better as well.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Can't say I've payed attention to tech roll speeds in vids, but I'm assuming Boozer's super armor makes up 4 that weakness. In fact I would have to assume characters are being balanced around their strenghs/weaknesses rather than giving them all crazy good wavedashes and techs.

Revven

FrankerZ
Are you guys gonna speed up ****ty tech rolls for characters who don't need to have tech rolls that bad like Bowser, Gnw, Pikachu, etc?

I think you could do that with rolls and jump frames as well with it being a small thing that can go a long way towards helping a character. Not to mention making characters wavedashes better as well.
Tech rolls for quite some time were universally sped up but did not wind up helping characters at all. Even a character like Captain Falcon's techrolls were sped up, however, did not change much at all about how they got techchased or how easy it was to techchase them.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
Tech rolls for quite some time were universally sped up but did not wind up helping characters at all. Even a character like Captain Falcon's techrolls were sped up, however, did not change much at all about how they got techchased or how easy it was to techchase them.
Which only means that rolls should be instanTANEOUS.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
So I saw Fox's Melee stance animation last night in Toaster's stream. Is this permanent? It looked good but a little awkward when transitioning into certain animations like his run. Also, I'm super hyped for the patch. I think people should speculate which charas they think should be in the patch :D

Also, Link's new animations are sex and Metaknight's dair should be a stall and fall like Tink's old one :awesome:

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Cool. It didn't look bad, just slightly awkward. I think as much as everyone is complaining, I think his brawl stance slowed down might be a bit better.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Oh plz have a melee stance atleast optional! It makes fox look like, 'w.e. I stand around looking pissed off' not like 'I am scared someones going to hit me so I put my hands up and shake'

Revven

FrankerZ
Oh plz have a melee stance atleast optional! It makes fox look like, 'w.e. I stand around looking pissed off' not like 'I am scared someones going to hit me so I put my hands up and shake'
Can't make something optional when it's a wait animation and the slightest difference in the way someone stands can affect spacing. Not to mention Wifi (whenever that does get fixed) would complicate files being the same/different.

Animations simply can't be optional.

Also OmegaMuffin & to anyone, Fox's Brawl wait anim has been slowed down for several months now.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I'm thinking of bringing the Project M demo to a smashfest, and I want to make a good impression. Should I wait until the next demo is released or just use the current one?

EDIT: Sorry still not used to calling it PK Freeze, it's essentially the same move though besides the grounded angle change and particles afaik

NeoZ

Smash Ace
It was a pretty big deal on the East Coast of the US. It hit us just a few days after the biggest earthquake we've had in like 60 years too. Yay...
The hurricane was a big deal, but I was surprised by the way the earthquake was blown out of proportion, sure EC never gets quakes, but still, 5.8 is pretty minor.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
JediKnightTemplar - if we do go to Road to Apex: The Big House, I could probably bring my wii with PM on it, but not a TV due to 11 hours of travel + having a TV. lol IDK if we'd be able to set it up though; it all depends if they have any extra TVs to spare. So if you want to have a chance to play PM, go to The Big House, or go to Glen Ellyn, IL's Don't Blink: ~After Story~, where we're going to be bringing PM.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
JediKnightTemplar - if we do go to Road to Apex: The Big House, I could probably bring my wii with PM on it, but not a TV due to 11 hours of travel + having a TV. lol IDK if we'd be able to set it up though; it all depends if they have any extra TVs to spare. So if you want to have a chance to play PM, go to The Big House, or go to Glen Ellyn, IL's Don't Blink: ~After Story~, where we're going to be bringing PM.
Awesome! If I can convince my friend to come with me, I know he has an extra tv he could bring, so you could use that if he were to come. As for the IL tourney, I can't travel that far given I'm only in high school and I really don't want to drive 200 miles for a Smash tourney.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
So far we only really have 1 class on Friday, so we have a slightly higher chance of going to The Big House. But I have to wait until it gets closer, get rides, etc. I'm hyped for it though.:) i hope your friend can make it. And I think we already have housing from my friend in East Lansing lol.

Tlock

Smash Apprentice
After 9000 revisions. Note how long it took to have 5000 revisions and do the math from there. :troll:

Lets see here. This thread was started 20 months ago and people were working on it i'm going to guess a couple of months before making it public. So lets say 5,000 revisions = 22 months. That comes to 227.27(repeating of course) per month, or 7.57 per day.

So at that pace another 4001 revisions = 528 days so that puts release day at... wait for it...

Friday February 15th 2013.

HYPE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom