• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I'm curious... Why wasn't Diddy included in the demo? I keep hearing about him being one of the few Brawl newbies that didn't require many changes to transition well into the Melee setting. He seems very largely unchanged according to recent streams and month old vids. Again, I'm just curious.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I'm curious... Why wasn't Diddy included in the demo? I keep hearing about him being one of the few Brawl newbies that didn't require many changes to transition well into the Melee setting. He seems very largely unchanged according to recent streams and month old vids. Again, I'm just curious.
things like teching bananas etc wasn't really perfect when the demo came out iirc

humble

Smash Ace
you can slide off and grab edges, but you can also slide off the whole stage entirely. im pretty sure the more you charge it the more you can move while performing the attack.
Thanks, good to know! Might be interesting if for example you pull someone to the ledge then ledgehog.

I'm curious, how does Lucaryu's EX intereact with his side-b and down-b?

Also, how is Lucaryu's down-b limited in the air? Can he only use it once, does it have enough end-lag that you fall between uses, etc? I know you guys wouldn't give him infinite recovery, but I'd like to know how you went about limiting it.

:phone:

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I'm really glad to see that interest in Project M is still strong. We have some great stuff to show you guys in the upcoming weeks. Gimpyfish and his crew joining the backroom has been a great addition to the team. Stay tuned for more videos, news and information regarding character changes, balances and the like.

If you guys want to know the most up to date news on Project M, keep a close tab on our official backroom members that post here frequently which includes but is not limited to Sneak, JCaesar, Falco400, Strong_Bad, Gimpyfish, Shadic, leafgreen, MonkUnit, standardtoaster. These members are in the backroom and are always going to have the most up to date version of project M and thus the most reputable source of information. Due to constant activity, experimentation and constant tweaking, information can quickly go rancid. Every day, its like a brand new game!

Ecks

Smash Lord
^

"Some say the hype on the thread grew five times its size that day."

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Also, how is Lucaryu's down-b limited in the air? Can he only use it once, does it have enough end-lag that you fall between uses, etc? I know you guys wouldn't give him infinite recovery, but I'd like to know how you went about limiting it.
From what I've seen, it goes diagonally downwards when used in the air.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Was Wario's bike taken out because it had problems or because the shoulder bash was just better?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I believe it was taken out because it wasn't Melee-like at all.

Although your latter point is also true.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Wario's bike was too crazy for Project M. Plus yeah, Shoulder bash is great and it's canon!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Simple question: Who developed Brawlbox and is it still being updated?
Kyral was developing BB and isn't doing so anymore...
BJ96(that acronymn didn't come out right) is dveloping BB and contuniung his quest for .dae imports to work correctly.

He's done great work. I hope to see more progress when I can truly return....

Yeah this isn't my laptop I'm typing from sooo yeah. Bye.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
so PS windmill finally got fixed huh?
No. I simply removed the collisions on the windmill and moved it into the back. It's just for show right now. The area where the windmill is, is just a blank area lol. It's a temp fix until we can make it have dynamic collisions like Melee's Windmill has.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
oh well....I personally wouldn't mind having it frozen on grass. but if you guys seriously think you can fix it, go for it

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
frozen (no pun intended) ice Pokemon Stadium would be a really fun stage even though it wouldn't be on the legal stage list

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
No. I simply removed the collisions on the windmill and moved it into the back. It's just for show right now. The area where the windmill is, is just a blank area lol. It's a temp fix until we can make it have dynamic collisions like Melee's Windmill has.
Ahm monk it says private video could you explain how to watch it?, maybe its 'cuz my country?...

humble

Smash Ace
Lucaryu looks beautiful when played by Fly. You guys need to stop making every character awesome, you're making it hard for me to pick favorites.

humble

Smash Ace
I notice you've been creating specialities, of sorts, in the characters.

Wario- Tech chasing and punishing, moves like Dthrow, Dsmash, Shoulder Bash, Bite, etc.

Snake- Boxing and mixups, moves like Ftilt, Uthrow, Down-B, Dtilt, etc.

Lucaryu- Comboing, moves like Jab, Dash Attack, Dtilt, Down-B, etc.

Charizard- Vertical combos, moves like Fair, Jab, Dtilt, Uair, Down-B, Up-B, etc.

Just curious as to whether you consciously develop towards certain playstyles, or if it develops organically.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I mean, I've already posted 341 times in this topic, so it was only a matter of time before I got to try it myself. I've been hyped for Wario since the very second that you added his shoulder dash.
Really, I kinda miss the motorbike.

Why not make two versions of Wario?

shanus

Smash Hero
I notice you've been creating specialities, of sorts, in the characters.

Wario- Tech chasing and punishing, moves like Dthrow, Dsmash, Shoulder Bash, Bite, etc.

Snake- Boxing and mixups, moves like Ftilt, Uthrow, Down-B, Dtilt, etc.

Lucaryu- Comboing, moves like Jab, Dash Attack, Dtilt, Down-B, etc.

Charizard- Vertical combos, moves like Fair, Jab, Dtilt, Uair, Down-B, Up-B, etc.

Just curious as to whether you consciously develop towards certain playstyles, or if it develops organically.

we usually present numerous design concepts for a character, debate them for a while, and then eventually pursue 1-2 of these concepts in practice to see which "feels" more appropriate. A lot of credit goes to jiang as he does a lot of the creative work on conceptual design, but you nailed it on the head especially for all of the ones you mentioned.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I'd say they're mostly editing sripts/codes to their liking. I'm a dummy on this stuff so I don't really know much though.

Also, for some reason, I wonder what Sakurai would think about Project:M.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Part of it is Project Smash Attacks, which uses 8-digit hex lines representing specific commands which have requirements and parameters. Outside of that, it's purely fighter.pac edits or better known as direct code editing in hex.

Although I don't know if Dantarion ever progressed far enough on his Tabuu editor for more advanced usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom