• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
It was posted on the Facebook page.

While I do agree with wanting to see more, I wouldn't get my hopes up about the PMBR hanging out links to Part 1, or a possible Part 3 and beyond.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Fighter.pac codes are the same thing as PSA work, only we write the scripts manually. There are also codes done in assembler, directly manipulating the game memory as opposed to replacing in-game scripting.

Tabuu is a more in-depth form of .pac manipulation, because it goes into areas of the pac that aren't accessible via PSA, but the same basic principles apply.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
Fighter.pac codes are the same thing as PSA work, only we write the scripts manually. There are also codes done in assembler, directly manipulating the game memory as opposed to replacing in-game scripting.

Tabuu is a more in-depth form of .pac manipulation, because it goes into areas of the pac that aren't accessible via PSA, but the same basic principles apply.
Did you mean assembly?

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Nah, it seems like it's been a month, but everyone's stopped playing it in anticipation that any practice with it will be rendered void by the imminent release of an enhanced version.
Just like with a Capcom fighter.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I stopped playing the demo because it's so outdated that watching streams feels closer to playing the game than playing the demo the demo does.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I stopped playing the demo because it's so outdated that watching streams feels closer to playing the game than playing the demo the demo does.
I wish there were more characters, it's hard to get people into it when they are missing their favorite character. Of course, I wish for a lot of things, like a deadline and a release date for the next patch.

While I'm at it, have all the landing detection issues and animation reworkings finally been sorted out? Have they been sorted out for at least most of the reworked "candidate" characters?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Nah, it seems like it's been a month, but everyone's stopped playing it in anticipation that any practice with it will be rendered void by the imminent release of an enhanced version.
Just like with a Capcom fighter.
If only Capcom fighters would give you free patches like Project M instead of making you buy Super Turbo HD Ultimate 15th Impact Tournament Edition. I consider Project M the ultimate Brawl patch.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I see it more like, Brawl is the Project: M beta.
Or alpha.
Or design document.
Or pre-release speculation. Yeah, that's it: Brawl is Pro:M fan-fiction.
Written by Tara Gilesbie.

And what do you mean "making" you buy STHGU15ITEd.? You should say "allowing" you to buy it. It's a verified psychological phenomenon that people enjoy things they pay for more than things they get for free. Capcom's just allowing you to "enjoy" the MvC series to the greatest extent. Really, they're doing you a favor.
(I am not legally required to tell you how much Capcom "enjoyed" me saying that.)

CloroxTheKid

Smash Rookie
On the final release, you guys should put in an optional donation, I'd definitely e willing to donate the full price of a game at the end of this.

:phone:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Magus has a paypal at saiyajin627 <at> comcast <dot> net. If you're donating to anybody, it may as well be him.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
haha i donated to dantarion when it seemed like he was taking care of business... ill donate to magus when i get some tax money back

:phone:

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
*sigh* Ive been stoked about Project M for a little while, and been wanting to see how it plays.

However, when I run my NTSC Brawl on PAL Wii, Gecko says that there's no DVD to be found at all.

Im running a 4.1e Wii, and Ive tried the DVD5 Mod. Any possible help? Am I doing something wrong, or is it the 4.1 itself?

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
its funny, no matter how ****ty of a game he gave us.....my love for Sakurai shall never wither
ever
I know how you feel (assuming you're serious). I may not be too thrilled with the overall outcome of Brawl, but he was also responsible for the first two games, and is the creator of Kirby... and heavens knows I love me some Kirby.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if you're a melee player, wait for the next release. The demo is not bad, but if you have waited all this time, i recommend that you wait a little longer for an infinitely better version.
Does this mean release is anywhere close to now? like say, a month.

I'm one of those poor saps still playing the demo instead of watching streams, because I like playing with friends.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Only thing I'll miss from the demo is light press wavedash. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom