• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Max who were you playing? Like, where were they from?
that is everyone i've played... including a guy from norway...
... and i've never had input lag in vBrawl... is a while since i played that, but i've played it online with guys from america and stuff... i just gotta test with vBrawl to check if it's my internets i guess...

D

Deleted member

How do people think Zelda's Din's Fire is broken?

I must be the only one who thinks it so bad its nonviable

lol.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
How do people think Zelda's Din's Fire is broken?

I must be the only one who thinks it so bad its nonviable

lol.
Are you talking about the demo version, or the experimental version being showcased on the streams?

As it is now, each "pulse" of a din's projectile has a hitbox. It seems to hit upon activation (like the original din's), and the hitboxes linger afterwards, maintaining its use as an obstacle/trap move. It can still be canceled via the old methods, and is also MUCH more maneuverable.

D

Deleted member

The new Din's sounds vastly better to the old version.

I would need to see it in a video before I passed judgment over it though.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Quick question. Is rumble falls going to maintain its tiny side boundaries or have they been extended in one of the later versions?

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
For those who didn't see this, you should watch this stream containing experimental Din's, because it was a bit overtuned in ST's build. This is a bit more indicative of what the size/speed the projectiles will be.
http://www.justin.tv/ryokoyaksa/b/289079119

Zelda is used throughout the whole stream for the sake of testing this, but the time blocks of 1:00-24:00 and 1:29:00-1:41:00 are where she is used exclusively. Watch those parts if you don't want to watch all 2:15:00 of it. Also, it's wifi between Cali and NJ, so keep that in mind as we miss clear attack opportunities.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
man i main the demo zelda and even i think the new dins fire in the recent stream is broken. The timer based dins were better because they took more skill to time a hit and they let you play with mind games and not just "you can't get to me" games.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
If ever released to public builds, it won't be in *that* underdeveloped state. It still retains the instant jump cancel and air dodge cancels from the previous mechanic, and the 2x speed on SideB startup.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I hope I am able to show up to Brainshock Beta this week to play the developers at the game and to get used to the new landing detection and other junk. Also If i have the money and/or feeling confindent, I want to money match one of you guys if that's ok?

Edit: Zelda:M is hella fun and she's good but I beleive Marth ****s on her bad when he get's in.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
The recent stream had an experimental build whose modifications are likely not going to be implemented in later builds.
I thought everybody knew that the stuff we see on streams could still be in its testing phase and should be looked at more open-mindedly instead of bashing it or calling it broken.

That was supposed to be the difference between stuff on Youtube and stuff on streams, and it would be better for future discussions to keep that in mind.
Just my two cents.

krackizwak

Smash Cadet
I personally love the new Din's fire, and can not wait for a fine tuned version. It offers many option to Zelda that the Demo one lacks, such as more combo potential and better overall zoning options with its increase control. This could be a large step in the right direction for Zelda.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Gamegenie222, yeah sure, I'll MM you in PM. $5 Bo5 neutrals only sound good to you? I don't mind letting you do a few friendlies first if you want to do that as well.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Gamegenie222, yeah sure, I'll MM you in PM. $5 Bo5 neutrals only sound good to you? I don't mind letting you do a few friendlies first if you want to do that as well.

That will be fine Monk like I said before, I need to get warmup matches with your developers new build cause of the improved landing dection and what not plus I playing brawl and maybe melee at this as well if I go. Man it's going to be hard to juggle all of these games.

Also Marth beats Zelda LOL.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
on new din's fire: what if only one could be made at a time? then you could still cut off specific approaches and force someone to recover a certain way (instead of waiting days for the old dins hitbox to come out), but you wouldn't be able to do the broken great wall of dins that toaster was doing on the stream. I think it would retain its purpose/ usefulness. Anyone like it?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
meh Lucas's aireal SideB is slow now :(. I must admit that i camped the crap out his former sideb, but is there any reason why you made this change? I mean, Falco's lasers are still fast and you are able to camp opponents out, why should the little guy be the only one who suffers?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
meh Lucas's aireal SideB is slow now :(. I must admit that i CAMPED the crap out his former sideb
honestly his old side b, like you said, could be very campy and didn't give Lucas any real ways to follow up

the way i see it, his new side b actually gives him more approach options and ability to link up combos

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
@valtrox it looked like the old sideb cover 3/4 teching options on several chars if you timed it right: in place, away, and no tech; maybe that's why. also, it did let him camp well, while the br seems intent on turning ness and lucas into offensively-oriented characters (example - it looks like lucas can get some good shield pressure with his new end-lagless down-b to a quick djc uair or fair).

Cero

Smash Lord
Can someone explain how Lucas' new neutral B charge mechanic works?

It looked like he kept his charge after using forward smash a bunch of times, but in one match, it expired after he used up smash twice.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Can someone explain how Lucas' new neutral B charge mechanic works?

It looked like he kept his charge after using forward smash a bunch of times, but in one match, it expired after he used up smash twice.
If you miss you lose charge. If you hit you get it back.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
I'm really liking the new side b for Lucas this creates so many more options for him to combo and overall it coming out slower to me seems alot better

PS: Not getting my hopes up but I might be at brainshock just to add that ;)

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.. Did you guys slow Din's movement down? It looks a hell of a lot more tame now. Maybe even a slight speed up from that @_@

And TL gets Link's 64 dash attack? Omg i'm slightly jealous now. I might second him <_<
>_>

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I hope I am able to show up to Brainshock Beta this week to play the developers at the game and to get used to the new landing detection and other junk. Also If i have the money and/or feeling confindent, I want to money match one of you guys if that's ok?
$10 MM bo5 my DK?

Yoki

Smash Apprentice
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom