• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I will tell you what I tell my fellow Quebecer comrades who are too stupid to act in the face of adversity: If you don't act, you can't complain. You guys are in a democracy, use your right for free speech and let your annoyance be known. Use good argumens. and pressure the power in place. I'm not from the USA, but I at least support the cause to stop this idiocy.

You are stronger than you think and in numbers, you are the true might of your nation.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
I will tell you what I tell my fellow Quebecer comrades who are too stupid to act in the face of adversity: If you don't act, you can't complain. You guys are in a democracy, use your right for free speech and let your annoyance be known. Use good argumens. and pressure the power in place. I'm not from the USA, but I at least support the cause to stop this idiocy.

You are stronger than you think and in numbers, you are the true might of your nation.
*tears* that was beautiful, man.
Hopefully they listen..

apparently several senators are getting paid in the millions (each) by special interests groups to sway their opinion and get the bill passed.

also, it would become an offense to upload vids of someone playing a video game to youtube. that means all smash vids.

/we'refukd
Isn't bribery illegal anyway? <_< This is why I hate politicians. Don't they have anything better to do than to piss me off? Stupid *****.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Your rights are only as good as your ability to defend them. So bribery may be illegal, but so long as nobody opposes it, they will get away with it, pretty much.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
They don't care because it doesn't affect them. As long as they get paid. Basically they're old aristocratic pricks who go out of their way to convince themselves that they aren't as worthless as the bull**** they speak. Greed. e_e

But ya, I'm done flooding this thread with my rants that aren't doing anything to change it. I never knew that uploading smash was technically copyright infringement though e_e that makes no ****ing sense.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Not a bad thing. Now the arrow can actually hit people below your floor level and small/crouching characters without flying over them.
Word, especially to bolded. It's an option I enjoyed having in Melee, though obviously his arrows still left things to be desired there. I'm happy this current build tries to fix them without modeling them directly on Adult Link's (in P:M or otherwise).

Keep in mind that charging time is significantly faster than it was in Melee or Brawl, as well.
Also great to hear IMO.

I've been burned here in the past for assuming things, so I'll ask...
Can Project M's TL fire off arrows quicker than YL in Melee? As in, more arrows in the same time frame?

iLink

Smash Champion
What is causing the game to desynch online and replays? I initially thought it had something to do with the LD but watching the stream, that doesn't seem to be the case. Does light shielding have anything to do with it?

Also is it me, or does toonlink seem to have more range with his sword? Not sure if its just some slight animation changes or gfx change or whatever but something just seems different.

jalued

Smash Lord
Basically if anything it wouldn't be dealing with smash streaming if anything it has to do with amount of people using streaming sites for free PPV's such as lets say for example ufc, WWE, TNA etc. (basically anything sports/copy right related) Which I can perfectly understand. But I do agree it does suck for the internet as a whole because what are they gonna do start charging for streams? I know the government already hit some torrent websites also that come to mind.

But any-who back on topic... After watching some of those Wifail clips lol I'm excited about the Smash64 running stab for TL. Props to whoever did that and the animation edits it looks really good.

Question in the stream that was played against Lucas It doesn't seem like his PKthunder sends him that far anymore is that due to LD bugs? Just wondering.

lol Kaizo I have a vcr still but its darn annoying nothing like trying to watch a movie on that thing when the dvd/blu-ray players are much more silent :)
That would mean that SC2 is completely ****ed... and doesnt that mean that youtube would just be flooded with old streams?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If this bill passes, I'm sending you all my videos to upload Vigilante.
Err.... wouldn't it be YT's responsibility for that material in the same way that Napster was responsible for all of their material for hosting it?

YT would pretty much die if this bill passed, which it won't.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12895205&postcount=7

Back on topic, You should be safe to UL videos and such considering that Ninty doesn't care and has never cared about Brawl and Brawl mods.

Ecks

Smash Lord
If that bill passes, everyone (or at least 99.9%) who has ever uploaded a video anywere is pretty much screwed. I doubt it'll happen.

Are you telling me that if I whistle a song and somebody happens to be recording I may go to jail?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If that bill passes, everyone (or at least 99.9%) who has ever uploaded a video anywere is pretty much screwed. I doubt it'll happen.

Are you telling me that if I whistle a song and somebody happens to be recording I may go to jail?
Youtube is hosting them = YT's responsibility = YT is screwed.

Remember that everyone that used Napster didn't go to jail when lawsuits went flying around in 2000/2001/2002.

Napster got killed and bought out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napster

Enjoy YT's winter years people.

Also, for the sake of the topic, we should redirect the comments to here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305610

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I'm very amused to say that I've been playtesting all of the reject characters no one wants to play and Count Kaiser is doing great things. Look forward to what he is doing with said character. It's still very early alpha, but potential is there.

Hype.
Calling it as Ivysaur.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Even if it passes, I doubt it will be heavily enforced. It's just too much work. And YouTube is owned by Google, one of the most powerful companies around.
However, I think I'll upload my next video with no music, just SFX, as a goofy sort of protest.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
The only way it would be breaking a law is if the company complains about copyright bs. I remember ultradavid saying something like that, and companies like capcom support the communities uploads anyway. Just look at 3so and its youtube sharing. Streaming shouldn't be a problem in general, just streaming things that should be paid for to see like a UFC fight or boxing match

NeoZ

Smash Ace
The only way it would be breaking a law is if the company complains about copyright bs. I remember ultradavid saying something like that, and companies like capcom support the communities uploads anyway. Just look at 3so and its youtube sharing. Streaming shouldn't be a problem in general, just streaming things that should be paid for to see like a UFC fight or boxing match
Actually, since the new law brings this issue into criminal law, there's no need for a copyright holder to complain, the government could take action by themselves.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Someone said:
are we, The People, going to allow this to continue?

Did you hear about the couple that was fined $90k for selling more than $500 worth of rabbits in a single year? When you live under the yoke of 600,000 laws, everyone is a criminal in some way.

It is not the governments job to protect the media's property at gunpoint. We do not pay taxes so our government can be a personal cyber security detail for media companies. It is up to media companies to create a business model that protects their income and their property. They need to evolve their business model. You don't see ranchers having laws written that allow them to not corral their cattle and keep their cattle from being "reappropriated" by other people. If you don't protect your property, you cannot expect the government to do it for you (or you should not, anyway).
This.

More or less.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
about the bill...

"this bill would only pertain to those who stream copyrighted content for purposes of commercial advantage or private financial gain and would not affect those who innocently share or simply view copyrighted content."

tl;dr: if your not making money, it won't be illegal.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
about the bill...

"this bill would only pertain to those who stream copyrighted content for purposes of commercial advantage or private financial gain and would not affect those who innocently share or simply view copyrighted content."

Thissssssss. Independent people like Jcaesar or whoever are perfectly fine. With ajay's post in mind, this bill makes sense.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
about the bill...

Where's that quote from?

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
Hey is it just me or is the button pressing for project m not as sensitive as it is in melee.

Plus is mo one willing to elaborate on sonics status, or is it just being ignored?

Plus I wouldn't worry about that congress bill, I shouldn't get passed, it's stupid for them to try and even try such a thing.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hey is it just me or is the button pressing for project m not as sensitive as it is in melee.
Plus is mo one willing to elaborate on sonics status, or is it just being ignored?
Airdodging is actually more sensitive.

Usually if we don't answer a question it's because we can't/don't want to/it's speculative.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
JC, can you test my ZSS changes? It will be in my incubator. The changes are very minor, but I just want to see if these feel good to your crew or if they might need adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom