• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Lucas's side b reminds me of low power Hadouken. I would jump in front of it with a tatsu. Good times. And I noticed Lucas's pkt2 distance was switched with Ness's. I also noticed he has a good djc now. Lucas will be a lot better now.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
after watching plenty of zelda matches with the experimental dins, i'm kinda hoping they end up closer to how they worked in the demo

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
So, I noticed about TL:

His arrow arc is looking more YL-ish. But doesn't take nearly as much charge to fly farther/faster?

I like it in any case.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
There way to much Zelda in these latest streams....

And way to much abuse of Din's Fire...

Well I'm happy that a little something has returned from smash 64 Link, now if can only discuss the boomerang, and the bombs. Seeing them working like the old 64 versions would give me an Hype induced Stroke, Invisible Bombs any body.

XD

Good i just loved the way Smash 64 Link felt to play. If only he had the melee recovery, to shame i say.

And what does Toon Link arrows do, I seen nothing special about them other then the gfx effect.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Ya.. After watching further and seeing how much trouble he had getting around Din's I take back my statement about them being slightly faster @_@
Maybe make them disappear if they hit your shield? Less priority so you can cut through them easier?

Idk. But the slower movement seems like a step in the right direction.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Quite a bit of work has gone into her, and she's received some polish lately.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Nice. I might use her too o.o You guys did an awesome job from what I see.

Some of her zapping sounds kinda wreck my ears though @_@

Edit: how does her down air work? I saw it stall and fall and not. Also, it can jump cancel on a hit? or just if it hits a shield?

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
Ya.. After watching further and seeing how much trouble he had getting around Din's I take back my statement about them being slightly faster @_@
Maybe make them disappear if they hit your shield? Less priority so you can cut through them easier?

Idk. But the slower movement seems like a step in the right direction.
ZSS Dair gives her a bounce if she hits an enemy or their shield with it.

As far as Din's Fire clankability, the lingering hitbox only does 8 damage fresh. Any attack that deals damage will clank them out and keep the explosion from happening. They don't really have much "priority" and the hitbox size is quite manageable unless you let her channel them for a while before setting them. The shielding thing is an oddity and I'm still up in the air about how to fix that, or if I want to.

If the projectile speed of Din's is adjusted, I would consider at least making the fireball outpace Zelda herself when used in the air.

Also Wifi between CA and NJ may skew your opinions, because we could be dealing with each other's projectiles much easier than what was shown.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
ZSS Dair gives her a bounce if she hits an enemy or their shield with it.

As far as Din's Fire clankability, the lingering hitbox only does 8 damage fresh. Any attack that deals damage will clank them out and keep the explosion from happening. They don't really have much "priority" and the hitbox size is quite manageable unless you let her channel them for a while before setting them. The shielding thing is an oddity and I'm still up in the air about how to fix that, or if I want to.

If the projectile speed of Din's is adjusted, I would consider at least making the fireball outpace Zelda herself when used in the air.

Also Wifi between CA and NJ may skew your opinions, because we could be dealing with each other's projectiles much easier than what was shown.
Oh, that's cool.

Oh, I see. I kept forgetting to watch for how much damage they do.
It was that far? Recordings don't show lag so that's my mistake.
It's probably fine then.

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
Has there been any changes to sonic since the original release. I see a lot of talk about characters except sonic. No really good vids either, mostly losses which only further my speculation of sonic lacking a lot of good qualities that other characters posses or are being given.

On the other hand I'm excited about what I have been seeing with other characters.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Not a bad thing. Now the arrow can actually hit people below your floor level and small/crouching characters without flying over them.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I know.
I just kinda liked the silliness in the build at CoT5.

Still going to be maining TL, I just have to actually use my Boomerang and Bombs to camp now. Or, y'know, actually charge them. It also doesn't seem quite as extreme as YL in Melee, seems like a pretty good compromise arc wise. sloped enough to be able to edgeguard but still useful as a projectile onstage.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Keep in mind that charging time is significantly faster than it was in Melee or Brawl, as well.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah. It's 133% the speed that it was in Brawl for both Link and Toon Link, iirc. Been that way since B+.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
So has anyone else heard about the Anti Streaming Bill Congress is trying to pass? I know this is somewhat irrelevant to P:M, but this is crucial to Internet culture as a whole, so I thought I'd help raise awareness. Basically if it were passed JCaesar and anyone who has watched his stream could be jailed for up to five years (yes I know enforcement would be nigh impossible, but the mere possibility should scare you). Needless to say that much is relevant to all of us.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I ain't scared.

....besides if i do get locked up for 5 years, I'd be out just in time for the demo patch

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
So has anyone else heard about the Anti Streaming Bill Congress is trying to pass? I know this is somewhat irrelevant to P:M, but this is crucial to Internet culture as a whole, so I thought I'd help raise awareness. Basically if it were passed JCaesar and anyone who has watched his stream could be jailed for up to five years (yes I know enforcement would be nigh impossible, but the mere possibility should scare you). Needless to say that much is relevant to all of us.
That sounds completely ********...on what grounds are they trying to pass this on?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm very amused to say that I've been playtesting all of the reject characters no one wants to play and Count Kaiser is doing great things. Look forward to what he is doing with said character. It's still very early alpha, but potential is there.

Hype.

krackizwak

Smash Cadet
I was wondering, will peach be getting any buffs come final version? She is high of the tier list (6-7th?), but characters like Cap'n Falcon got buffs and he is quite high as well.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
That sounds completely ********...on what grounds are they trying to pass this on?
Mainly copyrght junk. The MPAA, RIAA, etc. decided they wanted to send the Internet back to 1999 so they could make more money so I'm guessing they gave a bunch of Congressmen money or something to win their support. I guess we could still have back alley exchanges of bootleg P:M VHS tapes.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Basically if anything it wouldn't be dealing with smash streaming if anything it has to do with amount of people using streaming sites for free PPV's such as lets say for example ufc, WWE, TNA etc. (basically anything sports/copy right related) Which I can perfectly understand. But I do agree it does suck for the internet as a whole because what are they gonna do start charging for streams? I know the government already hit some torrent websites also that come to mind.

But any-who back on topic... After watching some of those Wifail clips lol I'm excited about the Smash64 running stab for TL. Props to whoever did that and the animation edits it looks really good.

Question in the stream that was played against Lucas It doesn't seem like his PKthunder sends him that far anymore is that due to LD bugs? Just wondering.

lol Kaizo I have a vcr still but its darn annoying nothing like trying to watch a movie on that thing when the dvd/blu-ray players are much more silent :)

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Politicians. Attacking stupid **** like this when they let child rapists get out for good behavior. They don't do anything to fix stuff like that but they go out of their way to kill something that isn't an issue. Joy.

And don't they have an economy to fix? <_<

-implyingbadpriorities-

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
apparently several senators are getting paid in the millions (each) by special interests groups to sway their opinion and get the bill passed.

also, it would become an offense to upload vids of someone playing a video game to youtube. that means all smash vids.

/we'refukd

kaizo13

Smash Champion
@clink

i think they purposely decreased Lucas' up-b distance (which was something I been waiting for)

i mean come on, his up-b had ridiculous distance. practically the length of FD. If anything, it shouldn't be much longer than Ness's.....his pkt1 is already far superior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom