• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Metal does not make sound unless it scrapes against other metal. LOL

Do you remember vBrawl jumping sounds? Go into vBrawl and double jump with Falcon.

We might review it. Falco's "Hands off my prey!" was also removed a long time ago and added back in before the demo. I just personally thought it cooler to see Fox charge up than him go "LOL HERE I COME" when he already has "come on!" as a taunt

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
But I had him have a conversation with himself! "Come on!" "Here I come!"

And some stages are metal (or arguably metal).

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Zelda:M seems like the most annoying character in any Smash game if you're fighting a skilled player. I'm basing this on my experience with the demo and the streams I've watched. Good Din's Fire control is infuriating.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Zelda:M seems like the most annoying character in any Smash game if you're fighting a skilled player. I'm basing this on my experience with the demo and the streams I've watched. Good Din's Fire control is infuriating.
I've played some decent Zeldas before and frankly it is quite annoying. Dins fire spam probably isn't as good Link's spam because how latent Din's fire is versus bombs, rangs, and arrows, so the Zelda's I've played weren't able to get off as many as they'd like. It combos well into fair and bair though. What's cool about Zelda:M is the use of Faore's Wind. It's become very technical; it's like the cool disappearing trick that M2 should've had. She has a heavy amount of hitstun because of all the electricity, which is frustrating at best. What kind of balances out this match up is her floatiness, which makes her easier to kill, so getting of those hits is crucial. Not easy to combo that's not the point in this MU.

Maybe I haven't experienced an as-effective Din's spam but god damnit, I've been 3 stocked by a Zelda more times than I'd like to remember, due to the other aspects of her game like her combos and heavy-hitting bair and fair. In retrospect, I should've seen all that crap coming but that's why losing is a learning experience :D

That is HORRIFYING. I love it! Now I can **** Lucas/Ness with both princesses!
:urg:

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
That is HORRIFYING. I love it! Now I can **** Lucas/Ness with both princesses!

48:14 Zelda is gonna bring me much joy <3

:053:
May god have mercy on our souls.

Edit: Also, just watched that match. Poor Monk.

Editedit: On the plus side, teams matches with everyone as Zelda. Crazy before; now even crazier.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
It frustrates me a lot when people see something in a video or stream and call it broken when they have literally no experience dealing with it. Lucario is crazy difficult to be successful with. Din's fire has plenty of work arounds, not the least of which is attacking Zelda through them before they activate. Cmon people.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
why doesn't Falcon make metal sounds when he runs?
Because it's annoying! :D
Do i get a prize?
Another good question. Some of the changes seem silly like that.
You took that question srsly? He meant because -points to above-

It's not silly if it prevents headaches.

but.. uh.. clearly you're not gonna be convinced. I guess you could, you know, play brawl just to hear the sounds(HAHAHAH) @_@ then maybe come to your senses and start up P:M.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
It frustrates me a lot when people see something in a video or stream and call it broken when they have literally no experience dealing with it. Lucario is crazy difficult to be successful with. Din's fire has plenty of work arounds, not the least of which is attacking Zelda through them before they activate. Cmon people.
Thissss. All you have to do is shield them half the time. Or jump over it. I mean, the gimp may be unavoidable but that's similar to most projectile gimps. I guess I mean that it's harder to avoid. I find not running into it the best strategy. Just wait for them to blow up.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
It also would have helped if st had said that this Zelda was experimental. lol.

Also, I had a bad day that day and was overly frustrated at the din's, etc. Lol

blu - they stay put for about five seconds, so it is a bit hard to wait them out sometimes

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
It also would have helped if st had said that this Zelda was experimental. lol.

Also, I had a bad day that day and was overly frustrated at the din's, etc. Lol

blu - they stay put for about five seconds, so it is a bit hard to wait them out sometimes
It's like beating a MK, you gotta be patient. Well, that's the advice I usually here.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Because it's annoying! :D
Do i get a prize?

You took that question srsly? He meant because -points to above-

It's not silly if it prevents headaches.

but.. uh.. clearly you're not gonna be convinced. I guess you could, you know, play brawl just to hear the sounds(HAHAHAH) @_@ then maybe come to your senses and start up P:M.
Aren't you brilliant? If I just wanted to play brawl I'd never even visit this thread.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Don't get me wrong, I'm just being silly. I'm actually looking forward to figuring out the Zelda MU.

I don't think anyone is OP atm. From what I've seen, I would say that Lucario is at the top of the pack (mainly due to his high potential damage output compared to the rest of the cast), but he's hardly untouchable.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Aren't you brilliant? If I just wanted to play brawl I'd never even visit this thread.
Yes, beyond genius actually. :awesome:

Anyway, if YOU were brilliant you'd see the sarcasm <_< It was an attack on Brawl's sounds not on you. Chill the hell out.

Does lucario get increased damage from the aura after dealing the set amount of damage? or does he only get access to his supers?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
From what I saw on the stream, it looks like you can hit them and they go away, so you don't need to wait them out, you can just attack Zelda through them, something you couldn't do with the old ones.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If you clank them out, they go away. If you shield them, they stay until they blink out.

Lucas grounded sideb angles the snowflake. Aerial sideb goes straight. And that was his new bair.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
From what I saw on the stream, it looks like you can hit them and they go away, so you don't need to wait them out, you can just attack Zelda through them, something you couldn't do with the old ones.
You actually could, but only once they'd detonated. I remember someone in my smash group tanking through din's with a nair, at any rate.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Yes, beyond genius actually. :awesome:

Anyway, if YOU were brilliant you'd see the sarcasm <_< It was an attack on Brawl's sounds not on you. Chill the hell out.

Does lucario get increased damage from the aura after dealing the set amount of damage? or does he only get access to his supers?
Oh! I'm sorry! I thought it'd be funny to reciprocate. No hard feelings?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yeah, my D3 was pretty horrible last night. ST also used Zelda that much so we could see how the din's worked out in multiple matchups. Sorry that there wasn't much diversity on ST's end.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I played D3 at CoT5 and there's not much special about him. You can really tell they haven't really touched him too much.
I expect great things from Dedede:M.

I also really badly want to play TL:M again. SO MUCH FUN.

cmart

Smash Lord
D3 has a lot of subtle buffs right now. Not every character needs some omg ridiculous change to be good.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I know about the subtle changes, like the armour on Dash Attack, I was just under the impression that you were intent on changing his specials. Has that changed?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
It's pretty much a really fast downB that hits almost as fast as his jab and if you charge it, you get momentum that propels you forward.
That sounds nice, I remember seeing him move forward, but wasn't sure if it was new.
Now I'm just wondering, does downB have good knockback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom