• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You likely won't have issues executing his combos after a bit, but actually knowing what move to OHC into in any given situation and being able to make that decision quickly is where the technical depth of Lucario is discovered. Yes, Fox doubleshining in place is cool. No, it is not practical in any way. Using Fox intelligently and having the technical ability to have him do what you want when you want is what makes him a challenging character, not the stupid **** you can try and get hit for.

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
Lucario's difficulty comes from properly comboing the extremely diverse P:M roster at various percentages and reading off of the opponent's SDI instantly, so it's significantly different from any other character in the game.

I really wouldn't judge the difficulty of the character until you've gotten to play him at a high level. He's definitely proving one of the hardest characters for us to test, though.
just poiting out that that is the difficulty of all characters' combos

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
except you have more time to decide because you aren't making this decision in the few frames of hitlag your move has, and rather while your move is ending.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
On the vid chart it said something like "specials-can incorporate supers"

Assuming this means down and side b supers are on the way:cool:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have never been and will never be "scared" by such shield pressure. I'd be more scared if the opponent did shine -> grab in that situation, then I might actually have to worry about something becoming of their shield pressure.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
lol at this all "Lucario being technical" talk. You guys are giving the impression that his ONLY playstyle is using the OHCs. This is what I was talking about several pages back. He can use OHCs AND one by one hits like everyone else. AFAIK he is not obligated to use the system. Unless you guys find a way of limiting his one y one hit game (single attacks do very little damage for example), his OHCs will be just a fancy way of dealing free damage on low % opponents, and the video pretty much says that. Anyways, I doubt it'll end up how it currently is, I see this getting tweaked a lot.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He would just have to work so much harder to get each hit than any other character if you wanted to play in that style. He doesn't exactly have the best range on his later tiered moves outside of FSmash or Nair, which are his kill moves and he can kill with them outside of a combo just fine if the opponent is hurt enough.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I have never been and will never be "scared" by such shield pressure. I'd be more scared if the opponent did shine -> grab in that situation, then I might actually have to worry about something becoming of their shield pressure.
What if your shield breaks?

crush

Smash Master
after playing singles on hyrule castle 64 using my falco vs my friends puff 3 times i think hyrule castles way too big to use for 1v1 in project m. i got him to 26%, 30 something percent, and like 40 or so percent all games and then just camped him for 8 minutes. i did it to his marth too on hyrule castle 64 and semi-succeeded in doing it on sse jungle against his puff too, although he is a bit worse than me.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
after playing singles on hyrule castle 64 using my falco vs my friends puff 3 times i think hyrule castles way too big to use for 1v1 in project m. i got him to 26%, 30 something percent, and like 40 or so percent all games and then just camped him for 8 minutes. i did it to his marth too on hyrule castle 64 and semi-succeeded in doing it on sse jungle against his puff too, although he is a bit worse than me.
Or you can not play it like its brawl.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Sorry Rikana. I made sure to set it to the mobile/web version of quality this time. I had SpooN test if he could view it on his android phone and it worked. I assumed it'd work on iphone as well. I'm not sure about the recording, though.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
saw zelda was changed on the stream:

it'd be nice if each "pulse" of her dins fire, the three or so pulses that precede the big explosion, all give a tiny bit of damage and knockback, more like an interruptor.
called that **** 4 months ago.:awesome: I hope this stays!

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I noticed that also in the recorded stream as well as being able to loop them around is crazy. But then again so is the pivoting side B with Lucas :) I really hope that stays. Zeldas on the other hand idk what to think about it. Both nice additions however after watching the stream it seems alittle tooo good. Again I can only speculate from the stream.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
a while ago a dev said that when zelda cast mutiple din's fires, they were all on the same timer; and that this was so far unchangeable.

does this mean that that is fixed, or can zelda only make one dins at a time now?

sorry, kept watching the stream, this wasn't changed X/

D

Deleted member

You devs should really consider using the on hit cancel on more characters. Specific and controlled cancels look really interesting.

You can balance the cancel by making it specific or broad like a jump cancel or a specific move like up tilt.

Not necessarily in a manner as centralized and extensive as perhaps Lucario's combo system or whatever, but it looks promising.

You can make certain moves risk/reward better, establish new combos, and generally expand what could feasibly be done with a character.

Maybe like give Tink an JC OHC if his dair makes any hit whatsoever (and make his fire spike more possible). JC OHC on DK's down-b. OHC on Luigi's dash attack? Possibilities.

I dunno. Stuff looks great. Keep at it.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
pretty sure the OHC system will pertain to Lucario only

.....or else this would be a whole different project

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
would be hard when doubles and singles exist
Not if you have the stages arranged together on the sss by their type (starter, counterpick, banned) kind of like 3 paragraphs on one page; and then have singles on the first page and doubles on the second. That is assuming it's possible to have two buttons lead to the same selection, but if it was done in the demo with Zelda/Sheik, why not stages?

D

Deleted member

pretty sure the OHC system will pertain to Lucario only

.....or else this would be a whole different project
Good thing I said absolutely nothing about implementing OHC systems on other characters and instead opted a suggestion of niche moves with OHC properties.

..... or else this would be a whole different project

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
would be hard when doubles and singles exist
Not if you have the stages arranged together on the sss by their type (starter, counterpick, banned) kind of like 3 paragraphs on one page; and then have singles on the first page and doubles on the second. That is assuming it's possible to have two buttons lead to the same selection, but if it was done in the demo with Zelda/Sheik, why not stages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom