• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I spoke of the possibility of a stream Friday. It won't happen. I sent my laptop to Dell for repairs a while ago because it didn't charge properly and they sent it back with even more problems, like the screen not working at all. I'm sorry, but please be patient, as soon as I get it back, I will stream for hours.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
wow, that honestly looks really stupid.
I hope you don't do this for any other characters. I honestly believe you should be leaving most of that stuff alone and just make moves more melee-esque.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
wow, that honestly looks really stupid.
I hope you don't do this for any other characters. I honestly believe you should be leaving most of that stuff alone and just make moves more melee-esque.
It's actually the most innovative, original thing I've seen, and it feels completely natural somehow.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Dark Oblivion, you don't have to play as him. And this is unique to Lucario. There's nothing wrong with characters playing differently to suit different styles :p.

shanus

Smash Hero
Does Lucario's srk actually work like a srk? As in, can it be used as a reversal of sorts?
Its just a normal upsmash, except it ends in the air so its basically a true "launcher." It currently is also the only move which can OHC into a jump, so its basically a nice transition point/set-up into aerial combos

Does Lucario still has his Aura damage and KB increase when he takes damage or not?
No, his damage dealt is what is what builds up "aura charge" which gives him the super system at his disposal. Encourages pure offensive play for it to improve.

correct, but if i'm going to play this, i'm going to play against him.
I also stand by the fact that he is the most technical and difficult to play character in the game. It completely fits his style, and he truly feels like a melee character now. If you want brawl lucario, or brawl this, or brawl that, this isn't the mod for you. Engine improvements aren't the only defining component of melee, certain characters need overhauls as well.

shanus

Smash Hero
Ouch that hurt.

Nice, i hope King is get something done to him soon, i wanna see a new build of him.

Using that Lucario like that must take some awesome timing.
D3 has been getting some attention as of late. Nothing super in detail yet, but when we decide on him more, we'll share that with you all.

Using lucario is extremely technical now, and it requires very rapid decision making as DI, character weight, opponent %, and more has huge impacts on which OHC to decide to use

iLink

Smash Champion
I still think's charizard's fair is a little weird. Having it look like wolf's or mewtwo's fair would suit him better imo.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Was Charizard's fair ripped from his old side-b? I swear, it looks like the beginning of rock-smash, minus the rock. If I'm remembering correctly, Charizard even holds his hands out like he has the rock.

Revven

FrankerZ
I still think's charizard's fair is a little weird. Having it look like wolf's or mewtwo's fair would suit him better imo.
I dunno, I think it looks fine, it's a "lift" type of move. It wouldn't look right if he was swinging his arm down but the opponent goes up and to the right. Mewtwo and Wolf's Fairs both make them go behind them or slightly behind (depending on the hitbox you hit them with). Whereas Charizard's either goes straight up (flub) or up and to the right which allows him to follow-up really well. If the animation was like either of those characters' Fairs, I'm quite sure we'd have to make the trajectory match the animation pretty closely. Otherwise, people would be like "wut?"

Vigilante

Smash Lord
A little clarification: He has normal aura charge, but he can also throw an "Aura bomb", which is a bigger, stronger, slower ball of aura. To do so, rack up some damage, wait for the hands to glow, and press A + B at the same time to unleash. The glowing hands are pretty much an indicator hat you can use your super move.

Edit: And try all characters for a few matches. I was surprised that I loved ROB.

jalued

Smash Lord
A little clarification: He has normal aura charge, but he can also throw an "Aura bomb", which is a bigger, stronger, slower ball of aura. To do so, rack up some damage, wait for the hands to glow, and press A + B at the same time to unleash. The glowing hands are pretty much an indicator hat you can use your super move.
it also allows him to have a super UpB, giving it a hitbox that can be comboed from. Lucario looks awesome!

shanus

Smash Hero

Edit: And try all characters for a few matches. I was surprised that I loved ROB.
Uh, what do you mean by normal aura charge? His only "aura" capabilities are from dealing damage to build up supers. No more getting more powerful for losing or being hit, etc

iLink

Smash Champion
I dunno, I think it looks fine, it's a "lift" type of move. It wouldn't look right if he was swinging his arm down but the opponent goes up and to the right. Mewtwo and Wolf's Fairs both make them go behind them or slightly behind (depending on the hitbox you hit them with). Whereas Charizard's either goes straight up (flub) or up and to the right which allows him to follow-up really well. If the animation was like either of those characters' Fairs, I'm quite sure we'd have to make the trajectory match the animation pretty closely. Otherwise, people would be like "wut?"
I don't think it would be that farfetched to see it hit up at the angle it does now. I mean going by that logic, luigi's dair doesn't make sense.

jalued

Smash Lord
since the bug testing is taking a while, i hope lucario can be included in the patch (if he is ready ofc). He looks like the perfect way to introduce your ideas for "!meleefying" brawl characters

shanus

Smash Hero
oh, i see i see. Also to address jalued's youtube question:

Jalued - The tier system after the credits doesnt include grabs.. can anything cancel into a grab?

Answer: Remember how you can cancel into a special? Neutral B -> charge -> shield cancel -> grab or JC etc

You can do cool combos with it like dash attack -> utilt -> aura sphere charge (let the charging do 1-2 hits) -> shield -> grab directly out

jalued

Smash Lord
oh, i see i see. Also to address jalued's youtube question:

Jalued - The tier system after the credits doesnt include grabs.. can anything cancel into a grab?

Answer: Remember how you can cancel into a special? Neutral B -> charge -> shield cancel -> grab or JC etc

You can do cool combos with it like dash attack -> utilt -> aura sphere charge (let the charging do 1-2 hits) -> shield -> grab directly out
ah ok, so you have to shield grab then if you wanted to combo from moves?

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah it basically is utilizing the aura sphere charge up as a tool to JC or grab depending on what you want to do

shanus

Smash Hero
in the video you can also combo dash attack to grab. Can u basically cancel dash attack and tilt to anything?
That was sideB, not normal grab.

Knockback growth and DI have a huge impact on what you can and can't do. there is always variety so you have to play very smart. The first few games i guarantee you won't be able to combo well haha

jalued

Smash Lord
That was sideB, not normal grab.

Knockback growth and DI have a huge impact on what you can and can't do. there is always variety so you have to play very smart. The first few games i guarantee you won't be able to combo well haha
ah ok, yeah that makes sense.

haha im sure i wont. I hope i get the chance to play him soon, cause he look so fun and the combo potential is crazy. Cant wait :D

so will there be quite a few upcoming videos for brawl characters? Is it right to guess pit or wario?

shanus

Smash Hero
We plan on making more videos as we have time. Can't promise exactly when yet, but hope to release more as the weeks roll on.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
ninja'd

but it's definitely worth the download...the re-colors are much much better

Edit: he looks fine in-game Kage.....that pic just came out weird lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom