• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
vertex/textures will all be optional

Edit:
- and if u were talking about the FitMotionEtc/animations , i personally still prefer some of his Melee animations over the current ones so we'll see what happens

Ecks

Smash Lord
Tilts and Dsmash maybe? Aside from dsmash, which doesn't look bad at all btw, I think ganon's animations look better in PM.

ds22

Smash Lord
Those Melee Ganon files in the .zip are from December 31th, meaning NO revamp was made on the vertexes.
He just reuploaded that .zip to the BrawlVault after it being removed in January due to it containing data obtained from a P:M leak.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
My impressions of the current BR build, from playing at CoT5:
OMG CHARIZARD <3, UThrow -> **** 2gud, side-B is awesome, down-B is awesome. He feels a little broken though. Which is kinda fine imo, I mean it's CHARIZARD, he deserves it.

Toon Link is for sure my main when the final build. USEFUL FIRE ARROWS. Screw everything else, USEFUL FIRE ARROWS. Some weird stuff with grabbing someone slightly behind you, they teleport to the end of the tether. Also the phantom boomerang/non-returning boomerang glitch is so easy to pull off with landing detection. Great Spin moving (and being USEFUL) is a nice touch.

More impressions later.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Darn, I was hoping for some Melee-like stun to them. Not that you guys couldn't make that breakthrough in the future.

It'll be nice to have the visual effect back at least.

Revven

FrankerZ
Darn, I was hoping for some Melee-like stun to them. Not that you guys couldn't make that breakthrough in the future.

It'll be nice to have the visual effect back at least.
Let me make this clear:

The current arrows use YL's arrow knockback, angle, and damage with TL's arrow movement and gravity (and this is how it has been for many, many months). Fire does not add any hitstun at all, how you got "fire = more hitstun!" I don't know but that's not the case in either game. Fire isn't even treated differently with hitlag (hitlag =/= hitstun just incase you might be confused) like electric hitlag is.

So basically, the arrows should definitely already match YL's with the exception of gravity and other properties of the sort.

Ecks

Smash Lord
yo, Ganon's forward tilt right now is amazing lol you're crazy
Kaizo was saying he preferred some of melee's animations. Then Shadic asked which. I was suggesting he may not like the tilts or Dsmash better than Melee's.
And I did say I preferred PM's. Angled spartan kick is pretty cool too.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So basically, the arrows should definitely already match YL's with the exception of gravity and other properties of the sort.
Pretty sure we've tweaked some of the values to make 'em a tad faster, actually. Not to mention the arrow has a landing hitbox now.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The landing hitbox was awesome. And yeah, they're faster. The speed they go is actually perfect imo. Perfect for keeping people out. Which is important against characters like Bowser and Charizard. Seriously, if experimental Charizard gets TL in a grab it's pretty much death unless he screws up. But please don't ever remove UThrow. Best throw ever conceived.

And yeah, lol, it is pretty funny. I was pretty pissed off originally, but after playing him I have to say I definitly like the current build of Charizard.

Also I'd like to say Wolf and Sonic should switch USmashes :troll:
Seriously though Sonic's new USmash and DSmash are pretty cool, though tbh I was pretty attached to his original DSmash.

cmart

Smash Lord
Haha I think T Link vs Bowser is pretty hell on the Bowser. Any character with solid, varied projectile options (that aren't slow as balls) stops his bull**** from starting pretty thoroughly. Has something to do with being the size of a house : P

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah but if Bowser gets in ever you are ****ED.

I also just tried playing the Demo.

I deleted it from my SD card now. It's SOOOO BAAAAD compared to what you guys have access to. Gonna need to meet up with Ulevo sometime to play.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
The landing hitbox was awesome. And yeah, they're faster. The speed they go is actually perfect imo. Perfect for keeping people out. Which is important against characters like Bowser and Charizard. Seriously, if experimental Charizard gets TL in a grab it's pretty much death unless he screws up. But please don't ever remove UThrow. Best throw ever conceived.

And yeah, lol, it is pretty funny. I was pretty pissed off originally, but after playing him I have to say I definitly like the current build of Charizard.

Also I'd like to say Wolf and Sonic should switch USmashes :troll:
Seriously though Sonic's new USmash and DSmash are pretty cool, though tbh I was pretty attached to his original DSmash.
Woah woah woah! Sonic got new up and down smashes? Did he get a new side b/down b? What are the new animations?

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna make one soon actually. I have to use these clips before the patch comes out and they become outdated. I know you're all overly excited at the news. <_<

iLink

Smash Champion
Are there any BR in norcal? And if not, is anyone bringing an updated set to genesis? I'm dying to try lucario :[

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
XD

I'm not working as long because it's my birthday. However, we're going out to dinner and going to see transformers 3. I'd probably be able to start streaming some time around 8:30 or 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom