• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's not meant to be hostile. I have nothing against HBox or the other Melee pros who have passed through the PMBR. But if you want access to the full build, you need to contribute in some way. You don't get a free pass just because you're famous or whatever.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
It's not meant to be hostile. I have nothing against HBox or the other Melee pros who have passed through the PMBR. But if you want access to the full build, you need to contribute in some way. You don't get a free pass just because you're famous or whatever.
true...true................................and about dem vids

hurry up lol

Edit: no pressure -.-

Revven

FrankerZ
It's not much to ask to do some streams or just record some matches, but JCz is right, if you're a PMBRer, please contribute in some way. On that topic, what ever happened to BSoldier?
BombSoldier only got to play it with MomoSugar who also randomly disappeared. And since he was the one with access to the build, BombSoldier no longer has had a chance to play.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
With dantarion's exploit to get 5 pages of stages, does that mean we could potentially have every stage EVER?!

I had an idea concerning the announcer(he says Brawl instead OS Smash), it involves me, a microphone and someone who knows what they're doing to put it in, but I can do a pretty good impression of the announcer guy.

Slashy

Smash Lord
With dantarion's exploit to get 5 pages of stages, does that mean we could potentially have every stage EVER?!

I had an idea concerning the announcer(he says Brawl instead OS Smash), it involves me, a microphone and someone who knows what they're doing to put it in, but I can do a pretty good impression of the announcer guy.
I can try contacting him again....if it isn't spot on it will sound awkward. Alternatively we can go the Super Street Fighter 4 route and get a completely different announcer.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I can try contacting him again....if it isn't spot on it will sound awkward. Alternatively we can go the Super Street Fighter 4 route and get a completely different announcer.
I'd be willing to redo everything, I'd just need someone who has basic editing skils and knows how to put it in game.

Slashy

Smash Lord
You don't really sound like an announcer, you just sound like you're doing an impression of Funky Kong or something. It sounds like you're doing the voice rather than copying the intonation

Again, I can totally try contacting the announcer of Melee or Brawl and see if we can get something, but only with permission.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Ouch bro, that's a first. I'm gonna try a few new things see where it goes wait on a few more opinions. I really think I can do this. Good luck getting them to it for free.

MaxThunder

PM Support
oh god... watching the kirby tv channel... made me realize just how much more broken they could have made MK... those swod beams as he called them... with a projectile like that...

Slashy

Smash Lord
Ouch bro, that's a first. I'm gonna try a few new things see where it goes wait on a few more opinions. I really think I can do this. Good luck getting them to it for free.
Did you listen to my demo?

And yes, I contacted Pat Cashman (Brawl's announcer) a while ago and got this from him:

http://brawlannouncer.ytmnd.com

I also contacted Street Fighter Alpha 3's and got a response, I never asked for requests because no one wanted any.

Also, Smashbro, can you please talk to me on AIM? You don't seem to be responding.

I apologize if I come off as elitist, this is a topic I obsess over.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
Yo Hbox and I played the heck out of the Demo last night and loved it, and I wouldn't mind uploading vids of us playing. Lol we literally played for like 10 hours straight and I l thought it was great.

I'd just like to say thanks to all the people working hard on this. All I could think was wow, this is what brawl should have been like and I can't wait to see the completed version. Keep up the great work guys. I'm really hyped for this. I wish you could just give this to nintendo, ask for royalties and have them sell it as Melee 2.0 or something. I think it would give a huge boost to the smash community.

I think something like this is great for the smash community as a whole. There's such potential for growth in this game. The technical aspects of melee are still there, but it seems easier to be technical. Not something I'm opposed to because it allows newcomers to get in more easily, yet pros retain what made them good since we all know smash is about a lot more than technicality. There's a ton of room for growth with all the new stages and matchups and it was fun to explore new characters and develop combos. I felt like I was picking up melee for the first time again. Also Ganondorf is nasty. Just thought I should throw that in there. HBOX and I were actually wondering if he was supposed to be as big as he is. He seemed disproportionately big compared to characters like marth.

But yeah I'd definitely be down to test anything if you guys wanted us to. I have no problem giving you guys feedback on the game. This is an awesome project and it's a testament to the love we have for melee.

GREAT work so far. I truly enjoyed playing it.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
@cmart

hmm can't think about much use for it but....the more tricks the better i guess
and nice bowser, really offensive

@CaptainCrunch

it's great that you guys liked it but just note that the demo is very outdated. so you can expect it to be 10 times better by now (and alot closer to Melee)

and i believe Ganon was intentionally made a bit bigger, as well as Bowser. Marth on the other hand (to my belief) is a bit undersized in the demo so the size difference is quite noticeable when comparing Ganon to Marth.

exact character scaling has not been done yet so no need to worry

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yo Hbox and I played the heck out of the Demo last night and loved it, and I wouldn't mind uploading vids of us playing. Lol we literally played for like 10 hours straight and I l thought it was great.

I'd just like to say thanks to all the people working hard on this. All I could think was wow, this is what brawl should have been like and I can't wait to see the completed version. Keep up the great work guys. I'm really hyped for this. I wish you could just give this to nintendo, ask for royalties and have them sell it as Melee 2.0 or something. I think it would give a huge boost to the smash community.

I think something like this is great for the smash community as a whole. There's such potential for growth in this game. The technical aspects of melee are still there, but it seems easier to be technical. Not something I'm opposed to because it allows newcomers to get in more easily, yet pros retain what made them good since we all know smash is about a lot more than technicality. There's a ton of room for growth with all the new stages and matchups and it was fun to explore new characters and develop combos. I felt like I was picking up melee for the first time again. Also Ganondorf is nasty. Just thought I should throw that in there. HBOX and I were actually wondering if he was supposed to be as big as he is. He seemed disproportionately big compared to characters like marth.

But yeah I'd definitely be down to test anything if you guys wanted us to. I have no problem giving you guys feedback on the game. This is an awesome project and it's a testament to the love we have for melee.

GREAT work so far. I truly enjoyed playing it.
Glad to hear you like it! You can apply to be an official playtester here.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
gotta get my bowl. gotta get my cereal. gotta drink my coffee and catch up on some vids... just started watching and im going crazy just because i havnt heard actual brawl music in quite some time...

dude did i just see peach pull out a mr saturn... jesus christ :) i love that guY!

just by seeing ness, i see his dair still comes out in the first few frames... looks very very good still. btw, how is doublejump cancelling handled. can you still carry your dj momentum if your holding jump, or is it handled in the way melee handles double jumps.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Jump cancel Bowser Bomb into a Bowser Bomb. :bee::bee::bee:
...i...guess....

and Slimpyman i'm pretty sure DJC is still in its new and improved form....it would be dumb to change it back to it's Melee form. with optional DJC you get alot more options! ;)

kaizo13

Smash Champion
JC u did work wit dat Ganon

props :cool:

ur r.o.b awesome as usual....u really put those boosters to good use

Ecks

Smash Lord
Great matches cmart, thanks a lot!

And I'd like to know if DJC will be as fast as melee. In melee I press a and jump at the same time while in Brawl+ and P:M Demo I have to wait a fraction of a second before pressing a to actually be able to cancel so pressing both at the same time won't work (won't cancel). This is one of the reasons Lucas's DJC isn't as good as it could be.

Jumping with control stick is way better for this djc but $!@# that, I jump with x. lol

kaizo13

Smash Champion
come to think of it.....i haven't seen Lucas in months LOL

and he's supposed to have a revamped DJC

Ecks

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, that's right. Maybe they'll have the same DJC.

And I remember someone playing him on a recent stream. maybe Redd's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom