• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
@Strong Bad yeah, it appears I stand corrected on design decisions. Though it was simply described as FAir. A better description would have been FAir, but AWESOME.
It's not the fact that you complained about it, it's the fact that you complained about it while acting like a child.
Heeeeeeeeey.
**** off, mate.
*Throws boomerang*
Proof that everybody has the latent desire to be a Link main. :awesome:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
>_< GanonD always had that Bulge in Melee.
BTW, his eyes do look a little off since they have that face as neutral, which is odd for GanonD.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Thanks so much for making the video guys - I've been lurking this thread everyday for updates, and this demonstration was much-appreciated. I'm looking forward to eventually trying this out!

Vigilante

Smash Lord
You don't check your PMs often, huh, Kage? XD

Oh yeah, I might stream casual friends at one point, be very afraid. Maybe they'll be so bad they'll find game-breaking glitches or something.

So far, hardcores and casuals alike have all liked the experience.

MaxThunder

PM Support
^^I like TP ganon's face and armor better... but i like OoT ganon's body shape better...

... someone should merge them... and then make a madworld vesion!

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I prefer OoT Ganon for the nostalgia. Playing it again on 3DS reminded me why OoT is a good game compared to later Zeldas.

NeoZ

Smash Ace

You guys were complaining about the eyes? His whole face looks fine to me.
/sarcasm
Also, was this model/vertex/psa or whatever it is the one that stole stuff from PM?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Those secret PMBR vertexes even though they're not supposed to be part of it technically.

Unless I'm misunderstanding.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
IIRC, they stole the animations and hitbox properties, not a vertex.
Just don't confuse KTH with AGFanProduction. AGFan just compiles other people's work (without permission) while KTH and his team actually make their own stuff (With the exception of several models such as that Ganondorf and Mewtwo {both who were made by mariokart64n a while back}). KTH is legit

Ecks

Smash Lord
Windwaker Ganon all the way....
what? Get at me
I really enjoyed WW's Ganon fight. Dude was badass with those swords.

Just out of curiosity Shanus, how long have you been working on Lucario? And what gave you the idea to take this route with him?

Anyway, Lucario vid is hype.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
I dont see why anyones complaining about how ganon looks. hes a badass ever since they took that dildo out of his balloon knot, and runs like he wants to kill someone.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Just don't confuse KTH with AGFanProduction. AGFan just compiles other people's work (without permission) while KTH and his team actually make their own stuff (With the exception of several models such as that Ganondorf and Mewtwo {both who were made by mariokart64n a while back}). KTH is legit
I don't know why you felt the need to defend him, since I never attacked him nor even mentioned him.
It's not like I said he stole, I just said stuff was stolen for an older release of melee ganon.

ds22

Smash Lord
To make it more clear, AGFanproduction used animation and moveset stuff from a leaked build of P:M Ganon back in January (and included some recolors of Mariokart64n's old Melee Ganon vertex), at the time there was no demo released.
KTH and GameWatching actually updated the Melee Ganon vertex (Mariokart64n's) and retextured it.
They never used anything leaked from the PMBR (so no secret PMBR vertexes).

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I also stand by the fact that he is the most technical and difficult to play character in the game. It completely fits his style, and he truly feels like a melee character now. If you want brawl lucario, or brawl this, or brawl that, this isn't the mod for you. Engine improvements aren't the only defining component of melee, certain characters need overhauls as well.
I'm a melee player, I'm not looking to play brawl. but that barely looks like smash the way its set up. I know I won't change any opinions by posting here, but I suppose I just wanted to post so you'd get an opinion other than, "that's so amazingcoolsauce." anyways, just my 2 cents.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm a melee player, I'm not looking to play brawl. but that barely looks like smash the way its set up. I know I won't change any opinions by posting here, but I suppose I just wanted to post so you'd get an opinion other than, "that's so amazingcoolsauce." anyways, just my 2 cents.
Saying "That's stupid" is no more helpful than "That's good."

And Lucario's mechanic isn't that much more than a combination of the idea behind Marth's Dancing Blade (One attack canceling into another) and all of the various types of cancels already seen in Smash64, Melee, and Brawl.

We've got jump cancels, land cancels, l-cancels, ledge-cancels, etc. How is on-hit cancels that much different?

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
L-CANCELLING
EDGE CANCELLING
SPIN CANCELLING
MORE CANCELLING THAN YOUR GAMECUBE HAS RAM FOR!
You'll be so fast scrubs will be like
Metteeeooorrr smaaashhh
and you'll be like **** YOU
and walltech into a WARLOCK PUNCH
Love that video. My day is now considered good.
-insert isai part-

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I also stand by the fact that he is the most technical and difficult to play character in the game.
Not to be "that guy" but I personally don't think Lucario is more technical than ICs, Peach, or even Fox and Falco. What determines technical skill is more or less comprised of 4 things: Speed, Consistency, Control, and Input Dexterity. So, naturally, a technical character would be one where those 3 aspects are harder to achieve and master.

TL;DR: A Technical character is one with a higher learning curve

Not to come off rude (I'd kiss your feet Shanus, like everyone here) but Lucario... a character built on an age old concept of transitioning attacks in succession upon a hit... is not nearly as hard to master or understand as:
...desynching (You can spend a hours on this and still learn more)
...double shines (Many are unable to do this consistently or with Fox)
...waveshines (Not ridiculous, but many have to give up consistency for speed or vice versa)
...float cancelling or shield pressure (Fast button inputs that require consistency)

Furthermore, I don't get the impression that Lucario's physics are hard to master at a low level. We have all seen our fair share of Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, and Sonic N00bz who either cnouldn't hit the broad side of a barn or suicide every other stock. Lucario's side-b and down-b couldn't kill a n00b like the aforementioned characaters'.

Well, thats pretty much all I wanted to say. I hope this comment wasn't off-handed, I was just irked that streamlined-2d-fighter-mechanics transcended stuff like AI exploitation in the "technicality" department.

However, just to be clear, I am not saying Lucario is easy to play by any means, he still requires speed and devotion, but I personally believe its less so than other characters.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Lucario's difficulty comes from properly comboing the extremely diverse P:M roster at various percentages and reading off of the opponent's SDI instantly, so it's significantly different from any other character in the game.

I really wouldn't judge the difficulty of the character until you've gotten to play him at a high level. He's definitely proving one of the hardest characters for us to test, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom