• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What if your shield breaks?
the last time my shield broke in a singles game was because of a Mr. Saturn. <__<
after playing singles on hyrule castle 64 using my falco vs my friends puff 3 times i think hyrule castles way too big to use for 1v1 in project m. i got him to 26%, 30 something percent, and like 40 or so percent all games and then just camped him for 8 minutes. i did it to his marth too on hyrule castle 64 and semi-succeeded in doing it on sse jungle against his puff too, although he is a bit worse than me.
those stages are Doubles only stages.

additionally, I highly down we'll be using OHC on any other character. the only other times we've used the same coding is for on-hit SFX. =P

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
His fair has been reverted to Brawl because none of the new ideas we came up for it really worked. Squirtle himself is completely different from Brawl.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Why is it that on the melee and 64 levels the effects are missing? Fountain of Dreams looks like a weird fishbowl thingy without the water.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
A friend of mine is going to be VERY happy after seeing the new Zelda. Can't say that I'll be quite as excited to play against her, but there you have it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm kind of annoyed that at this point anyone would even start to think that anything we produce would be imbalanced. :V

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
The new din's fire looks like it'll be great for gimping edge gaurds, but probably won't be as good to recover with since it travels slower.

Deku was curving it around a lot, was that just to show its ability to do so, or does the explosion get stronger the longer you charge it before setting?

jalued

Smash Lord
I'm kind of annoyed that at this point anyone would even start to think that anything we produce would be imbalanced. :V
I know what u mean, but isnt changing her demo side B a balance decision anyway? I'm sure that her changes are going to be tweaked etc. Im just saying that atm, it seems a bit OTT

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
that zelda-bowser matchup looked like 100-0 with the impenetrable wall of dins =/. conceptually though, new dins is much more suited to zelda's defensive style than the other one was.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Ya I realize the new Din's is experimental and subject to change, but we can still give opinions about it right? Not like we're implying it's permanent and we're extremely disappointed in you or anything <_<

But ya, imo her new Din's looks borderline broken. Maybe because it's out too long? Can't you cut right through them too, though? That makes it easier to deal with. It might be the reset thing that puts them over the top idk. Sort of like snake's claymores that float in the air, can be used to edgeguard, don't kill(from what i've seen) and you can have 3. Oh, and they look much easier to set up. And Zelda can't get hit by them.
I'm not necessarily a balance expert but that's just my impression of it. If it's not broken, it's pretty damn good.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
We won't be able to use Lucario until the Final build, which is somewhere around 1-4 years time frame right?

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
is there any video of this experimental din's fire. i missed the stream, and as a zelda player i would really like to see it.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is going to be top/high tier, but I doubt she'll be broken. Might be hell in a few match-ups, but hey, everyone has bad match-ups.

I worry more about Lucario than anyone else, tbh. I think its pretty safe to say he's the best character in the game atm.

jalued

Smash Lord
I worry more about Lucario than anyone else, tbh. I think its pretty safe to say he's the best character in the game atm.
its impossible to say something like that just because no one can actually plays lucario yet. DI has a MASSIVE impact on his combos (from what ive seen), and i don't see a reason why his gameplay mechanics will allow him to trump the melee top tiers. He will just be a very deep and technical character, that is all we can say at the moment

I didn't make those changes. I have other ideas in mind I'd like to try for the move.
If zelda's side B is changed, will it be included in the patch?

jalued

Smash Lord
Falco is definitely the best looooool
i think that falco is the best character until the opponent figures out how to play against him. Fox is still the best imo.

One question though: have the recoveries of fox/falco/marth and falcon been fixed yet so that the momentum matches melee?

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
i think that falco is the best character until the opponent figures out how to play against him. Fox is still the best imo.

One question though: have the recoveries of fox/falco/marth and falcon been fixed yet so that the momentum matches melee?
That goes for any character. I find falco's dair to still be jankily overpowered.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Falco and Fox may be the best right now but they do have some matchups that are worse than anything they had in Melee.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
what? are you kidding me? do you want a person to make metal sounds when they run? or circus jumping sounds when they jump?
wtf people
A. Look at those boots! Of course it makes metal sounds!

B. What circus sounds?

C. This still doesn't explain omitting perfectly good dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom