• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Not to sound like a condescending ****, but you guys don't have a clue of what cold weather is lOl.
Where i used live its cold enough to freeze everything into ice in the morning, and warm enough to wear a T-shirt by the Afternoon. It was also windy as ****, along with an occasional rain storm that floods the place. So glad i moved away from that ****hole

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's so cold, 9bit's block is frozen.
I got all these color variations I don't even know what to do with them. I was thinking maybe I would rotate them out per season, like blue for winter, green for spring, etc.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
My city is next to Lake Ontario... so lake-effect snow all winter long.
Digging my car out from the overnight snow is always fun.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Where i used live its cold enough to freeze everything into ice in the morning, and warm enough to wear a T-shirt by the Afternoon. It was also windy as ****, along with an occasional rain storm that floods the place. So glad i moved away from that ****hole
I laughed so hard after reading your post and checking your location. + points from me, keep it up.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
purple is for royalty.

like the KING Dedede he plays

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Quebec's Project M scene's growing ever bigger. It was awesome. I met a ton of people yesterday, some that came from other countries too.

Also, I got my ass handed to me by Ally's Ike. Then he was super humble about it, lol. It's like someone giving you a wedgie and asking you how you're holding up, LOL.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
That's the one my preference was on, haha, and not just because of the price. Thanks for the input Jolt, I think that's definitely the one I'll get.

Also, M2K is coming to Boston tomorrow to watch my school (Umass Boston) face off versus Umass Amherst in a crew battle for The Melee Games. .______. Jeez
;O That's awesome, I wish anything would happen where I lived. Anything would do!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Team rocket is trash tier. Get at me bro. :p
Every new team since Team Rocket have been cults. They have some crazy, but charismatic leader that attracts followers to them. They have some crazy idea of how the world should be and use "insert legendary here" as a means to an end. It was new and interesting in Gen III... but at this point it's just obvious and overplayed.

Team Rocket on the other hand was truly a criminal organization. It was all business. If they could make money doing it they did it. If they could improve their position they did it. You didn't join up with Team Rocket because you believed you could change the world or whatever. You joined Team Rocket because you were straight bad, looking for money and power.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Every new team since Team Rocket have been cults. They have some crazy, but charismatic leader that attracts followers to them. They have some crazy idea of how the world should be and use "insert legendary here" as a means to an end. It was new and interesting in Gen III... but at this point it's just obvious and overplayed.

Team Rocket on the other hand was truly a criminal organization. It was all business. If they could make money doing it they did it. If they could improve their position they did it. You didn't join up with Team Rocket because you believed you could change the world or whatever. You joined Team Rocket because you were straight bad, looking for money and power.
Team Magma and Aqua was more of Eco-terroist but every other team afterwards I agree especially with Team Plasma. Team Galactic wanted to control the universe with Cryus wanted to become a god of some sort.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Quebec's Project M scene's growing ever bigger. It was awesome. I met a ton of people yesterday, some that came from other countries too.

Also, I got my *** handed to me by Ally's Ike. Then he was super humble about it, lol. It's like someone giving you a wedgie and asking you how you're holding up, LOL.
I really, really want to play Ally's Ike. He plays so effectively with him and I want to learn how to make my Ike better.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
where do you live? It's been pretty goddamn cold here in Michigan, not gonna lie. Some days, our temperatures are literally colder than what they get in Alaska.
Quebec. I wasn't really serious with that post, I was just trying to be "that guy". I have no doubt that the more northern states face pretty cold weather too. In fact, from what I've heard through weather reports, seems like you guys are also getting much more snow and storms than over here. It's about -20 here now, without the wind chill.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Quebec. I wasn't really serious with that post, I was just trying to be "that guy". I have no doubt that the more northern states face pretty cold weather too. In fact, from what I've heard through weather reports, seems like you guys are also getting much more snow and storms than over here. It's about -20 here now, without the wind chill.
Oh god. That's worse than being in the teens like NY was last month..... and still is.

This will all be over soon.... hopefully.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Are you going to that tournament on the 9th, @ CORY CORY ?

I need a salty runback Ganon vs Falcon MM. :D
i'm planning on it, yes : D

basically, i'd need some big deal to come out of nowhere to keep me from making it. as of now, i'll have finished my second test for calc and it's the week before spring break, so i should be free!

are they still doing pm teams?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Not to sound like a condescending ****, but you guys don't have a clue of what cold weather is lOl.
it's more about the fact that it was pretty much a 70-75F drop in about six hours. we literally went from really nice spring weather into winter weather over the course of the night.

double post?
dealwithitdog.gif

D

Deleted member

i'm planning on it, yes : D

basically, i'd need some big deal to come out of nowhere to keep me from making it. as of now, i'll have finished my second test for calc and it's the week before spring break, so i should be free!

are they still doing pm teams?
It's on the schedule still, so I'd assume so

But I'm probably not going to enter PM Teams, but if I did, I'd probably team with Robo or you.

Ali Baba 177

Smash Journeyman
In case anyone cared about a tier list here that doens't really go on the Tier List Speculation thread

PM Tier List (MAR).png

This is a Tier List that I have been working on for the past month, I have accounted for over 50 different tournaments, weighting larger tournaments and the more recent the tournament is in order to recognize improving meta. I then combined this information with the tier lists surveys that were filled out by nearly 100 people from smashboards.

This is a pretty balanced game as seen by all bottom tier characters placing at least a few times. But if this tier list has really confusing placements of any character then its either because the community disagrees with you or the character has had unexpected tournament results. So in that case please show me any tournaments that you the character did well in and if I havent included them then I will put them in for next month.

And just to say it before other people say it, Lucas is too low. He just hasnt placed as much recently,,

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
This will all be over soon.... hopefully.
Nah son, before you know it, we'll be back buried in 30 cm of snow, with a soul-chilling wind freezing the insides of your nose and municipal trucks dropping all the street's snow on your driveway.

Good ol' Winter.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
In case anyone cared about a tier list here that doens't really go on the Tier List Speculation thread

MAXIMUM SNIPPAGE

This is a Tier List that I have been working on for the past month, I have accounted for over 50 different tournaments, weighting larger tournaments and the more recent the tournament is in order to recognize improving meta. I then combined this information with the tier lists surveys that were filled out by nearly 100 people from smashboards.

This is a pretty balanced game as seen by all bottom tier characters placing at least a few times. But if this tier list has really confusing placements of any character then its either because the community disagrees with you or the character has had unexpected tournament results. So in that case please show me any tournaments that you the character did well in and if I havent included them then I will put them in for next month.

And just to say it before other people say it, Lucas is too low. He just hasnt placed as much recently,,
IMO, you should just do a version of Ankoku's old Character Rankings List since that seems to be based near exclusively on tournament results and usage.

Burnsy

Smash Lord

View attachment 9621

Did you include Southwestern Justice 2? Over 80 entrants, took place here in AZ.

Last edited:
Top Bottom