• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
So, that actually reminds me, I want to ask all of you something- What do you think about climate change now? Have recent global weather patterns changed your mind or affected your opinion about it in any way? Do you think it's just natural or is there cause for concern? No need for essay posts (not feeling like reading them either XD) just a short answer is fine.

I'll answer it myself to start; I believed it when they first started talking about it, and the recent weather patterns are confirming it for me. Here in the South we're getting weather that goes into the high 70's one day and then 30s-40's the next (both highest temps of the day). Needing a thick robe one day, and then skimpy clothes the very next day, it's pretty crazy. :p I do think there's cause for concern and that people should look more into environmental impacts.
Honestly im getting a little bit scared about the recent climate. I remember about 3 years ago, march was super awesome because it was warm and relaxing. But now it seems like winter last much longer then it normally should. I blame mother nature...... I think we gotta get rid of her......

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i feel about the same as you, sapphire. the problem is most people are now all "OH HURR! GLOBAL WARMING? LOOK AT THE ICE IN MARCH!". then i want to slap people and be all like "look at the 'once in a lifetime! wait, i mean once a decade! ok, once every couple years?' super storms we're getting now." and try to explain the jet streams and how they corral cold/warm air and explain that when you throw warm air over a huge chunk of ice, you still get cold air, but less ice and on and on and on...

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I blame mother nature...... I think we gotta get rid of her......
Or maybe just fix what we've done to her :p
i feel about the same as you, sapphire. the problem is most people are now all "OH HURR! GLOBAL WARMING? LOOK AT THE ICE IN MARCH!". then i want to slap people and be all like "look at the 'once in a lifetime! wait, i mean once a decade! ok, once every couple years?' super storms we're getting now." and try to explain the jet streams and how they corral cold/warm air and explain that when you throw warm air over a huge chunk of ice, you still get cold air, but less ice and on and on and on...
Yeah, that's why they like to call it climate change now. The overall global temp is rising, but local effects could mean getting unusually hot or unusually cold.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
So, that actually reminds me, I want to ask all of you something- What do you think about climate change now? Have recent global weather patterns changed your mind or affected your opinion about it in any way? Do you think it's just natural or is there cause for concern? No need for essay posts (not feeling like reading them either XD) just a short answer is fine.

I'll answer it myself to start; I believed it when they first started talking about it, and the recent weather patterns are confirming it for me. Here in the South we're getting weather that goes into the high 70's one day and then 30s-40's the next (both highest temps of the day). Needing a thick robe one day, and then skimpy clothes the very next day, it's pretty crazy. :p I do think there's cause for concern and that people should look more into environmental impacts.
Weather's just weather to me. If there's one person I don't try to mingle with is Mother Nature - however I'm not opposed to occasionally doing some pickup.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Its been 65-70 and sunny here for weels, except for one day of rain on saturday. Cant complain.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Its been 65-70 and sunny here for weels, except for one day of rain on saturday. Cant complain.

You have no idea how much I'd love to have that weather - I hate the snow
/dont hate me for it

CORY

wut
BRoomer
we had that weather.

two days ago.

then yesterday was below freezing all day, with ****ing THUNDER SLEET STORMS. today's high is 39F.

gg, texas.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
same deal for us here except it can change like that in five minutes i've literally experienced three completely different kinds of weather in 15 minutes

Spooky Skook

Smash Cadet
we had that weather.

two days ago.

then yesterday was below freezing all day, with ****ing THUNDER SLEET STORMS. today's high is 39F.

gg, texas.
I hate this weather with a passion, but I will admit that thunder snow storms are the coolest thing ever. Couple of weeks ago its snowing like any other night, then all of a sudden theres this giant flash of light blue covering the sky. I hope I never forget it cause it was a pretty cool experience.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Well I believe in terms of long-term climate change, we are supposed to be sliding toward another Ice Age. As of now humanity has evened out that slope, which might or might not be a bad thing depending on who you are. Honestly I don't know what to think about climate change. Since it's a relatively mysterious (read: contentious) part of science, you could go anywhere and find a study that supports your opinion. It's just another real issue that's getting manipulated by Liberals and Conservatives who want to use it to get elected.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Whitney's Miltank may be infamous, but her Clefairy just left its mark on Pokemon history.

TPP had Pidgey out, and it gets a Sand Attack in. Later, Clefairy uses Metronome... which turns into ZAP CANNON. (For those who don't know- it's the strongest non contact electric type move in the game but only has 50% accuracy, which Sand Attack has just lowered)

And it hits.

Ggs

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Actually it didn't become the strongest Electric type move until Gen VI. It was only 100 BP in Gen II, 120 after Gen IV (tied with Thunder, which got dropped to 110 with the latest Gen)

Still, good ****.

Vashimus

Smash Master
In HeartGold, I remember that Clefairy went for Metronome and OHKO'd my Croconaw with Seed Flare.

Metronome makes setting up on it with X-items much scarier than it has to be.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Get the Emerald one!
That's the one my preference was on, haha, and not just because of the price. Thanks for the input Jolt, I think that's definitely the one I'll get.

Also, M2K is coming to Boston tomorrow to watch my school (Umass Boston) face off versus Umass Amherst in a crew battle for The Melee Games. .______. Jeez

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well it sounds like that guy is just playing pokemon in the most fun way.
I will never understand Pokemon speed running. You are deliberately gimping yourself because you can't afford to grind (and it's not like some RPGs where you can pick up ridiculous moves and near auto win the game) and you're working with an insane amount of RNG in terms of accuracy, criticals, and especially AI move choice.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I will never understand Pokemon speed running. You are deliberately gimping yourself because you can't afford to grind (and it's not like some RPGs where you can pick up ridiculous moves and near auto win the game) and you're working with an insane amount of RNG in terms of accuracy, criticals, and especially AI move choice.
I've never been a fan of speedrunning in general since it turns every game into Guitar Hero -- As long as you keep doing it over and over and execute perfectly, you can be the best! I mean the idea of pushing a game as far as it can go is interesting, but it's just the kind of thing that seems more like a chore than an acomplishment.

Not to take any glory away from speed run record holders; it just takes away any and all sense of connection with the game itself for me.

On a parka related note, Ice Climbers' D-throw and Nana physics seem off (Nana seems to magnet too close to the ground if she SH's while Popo is grounded to fair after his D-throw), but no freezing on Down-B is just the bee's knees. Nana very consistantly using U-Throw is a great boon too. It makes for some nifty team combos.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
My god. This snow will not stop. Even a little snow has resulted in thin layers of ice that are more slippery than Sonic's controls in Heroes.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'm a few pages late but somebody tried to say that Team Rocket is NOT the best team in Pokemon.
whack

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not snowing here right now, but it snowed yesterday and they say it's gonna snow tomorrow.

Is any SCR2014 Smash up on YouTube? I need something to do while I not go outside in this **** weather.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Shroomed SD'ing versus Westballz in SCR was probably the most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
D

Deleted member

Are you going to that tournament on the 9th, @ CORY CORY ?

I need a salty runback Ganon vs Falcon MM. :D

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Got 2nd going ROB in a 33 man Project M tourney in Baton Rouge (Tha Shrimp 004). 33 is actually pretty big for down here, I think the largest PM tourney down here ever was like 40 people, which I got 5th at, so yeah...
At least I earned back the price of my trip, gas, food, and entry fees, give or take a few dollars.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Not to sound like a condescending ****, but you guys don't have a clue of what cold weather is lOl.

Top Bottom