• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

JOE!

Smash Hero
SO while I didnt much care for the 4th gen main games....

Explorers of the Sky is legit, playign through right now with Turtwig & Lazergator

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
SO while I didnt much care for the 4th gen main games....

Explorers of the Sky is legit, playign through right now with Turtwig & Lazergator
Pikachu & Riolu master race.

So guys.. should I buy a Emerald Blue GC Control or a Club Nintendo Mario GC Control?

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well... I watched all the Peep Show that is available on Netflix. Now what do I do with my life..?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I also dropped everything im going to get back from taxes on a tales of symphonia gamecube bundle, just for the shymphonic green cube and controller. I have a bit more control than that. Slightly
I found that one on ebay today for $180 for the controller only. Sale ends in two hours. Its right here.

But yeah, I'm getting $600 back in taxes plus the $150 I made at work this weekend. So I'm choosing between the Emerald Blue for like $68 -79. Or the Mario Controller for $89.

JOE!

Smash Hero
At this rate, lazorgator is gonna be a croconaw for all of 3 seconds before immediately turnign to feraligatr

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
That reminds me. Got 17th in Melee singles and 9th in doubles at Mass Madness 11a on February 22, definitely seeing some improvement in myself. Can't wait for NSA2 to see how good (or bad) I do in Melee & PM. @ JOE! JOE! you should attend NSA2, show everyone that Zard.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I just do not understand the appeal of Pokemon
I remember you're older than me, what age did you play it at? As I grew up I stopped buying/wanting Pokemon after Fire red/Leaf green. My memory is vague compared to people somehow recalling the entire games. Compared to other gameboy/GBA games, they had a long lasting value for car trips and stuff. If I wasn't a kid playing the games, with other kids and cousins to rejoice with or strive against, I couldn't see the games being as impressionable on me especially for how much time they consume. I never got into Final Fantasy and as good as the story supposedly is I can't handle anymore turn based gameplay.

Oh, I also remember late in my Pokemon career I just got done capturing a Shiny Raltz or something Pokemon and set the game down and went to the bathroom: and my younger cousin turned the game off to be a punk. I think that might have made me give it up a bit, kind of like how I got my account password in Runescape tricked to be entered into a fake log-in site (for this guy asking me to bump his thread for him) and he dropped all my stuff the one day I didn't feel like putting the valuables back in the bank even though I was right next to one.

After stuff like that, I kinda devoted myself to playing games where the value you build in the game is solely skill: where games like Wc3 and Dota 1 you start out the same each time with the same stuff as a noob and it's what you do with it, and FPS games and Smash (which I've done casually since 64 and got into competitive later on).

Oh and Silver was probably my favorite Pokemon game besides Stadium. The ability for it to tell time and turn into night was cool along with everything else, and I remember specifically when I got the game for my birthday.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I remember you're older than me, what age did you play it at? As I grew up I stopped buying/wanting Pokemon after Fire red/Leaf green. My memory is very vague compared to people somehow recalling the entire games. Compared to other gameboy/GBA games, they had a long lasting value for car trips and stuff. If I wasn't a kid playing the games, with other kids and cousins to rejoice with or strive against, I couldn't see the games being as impressionable on me especially for how much time they consume. I never got into Final Fantasy and as good as the story supposedly is I can't handle anymore turn based gameplay.
I'm 28 and the first Pokemon game I played was Yellow, which came out when I was 14. In 1999.

I just never got into the system; it felt to me like a bad RPG where your party members were exchangeable and they only got 4 moves each.

I sorta enjoyed the show but I never got into the games :/

I'll tell you that Pokemon Origins anime was pretty damn sweet though rite

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I have a weird tendency to rate Pokemon games by their battle music too heavily which is why Gen 2 (original) and Gen 1 (remake only) are always high up in my mind. I find 3 and 4 to have incredibly unremarkable battle themes and that, for whatever reason, detracts from the overall game for me. At least those games have absolutely fantastic area themes.

Watching TPP though reminded me that the utter lack of percussion made Gen 1's otherwise great compositions extremely boring. I don't get how people like them better than the FRLG rearrangements.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Project Management is always a cool game to play. Just ask the adds on Smashboards if you have your internet settings set pretty low.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So yeah I wonder in the PMBR will do something crazy as this like how Capcom is doing for USF4.

Vashimus

Smash Master
So yeah I wonder in the PMBR will do something crazy as this like how Capcom is doing for USF4.

That's honestly the best thing they could've added to the game.

If I could have a selectable 2.1 Lucario and 2.5b Ivy, that'd be pretty sweet, even though that's never gonna happen.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
That's honestly the best thing they could've added to the game.

If I could have a selectable 2.1 Lucario and 2.5b Ivy, that'd be pretty sweet, even though that's never gonna happen.
You could just replace the character files ("Fighter.pac' and "FitFighterMotion.pac") with the ones of previous versions I believe. Saphire Dragon has all the previous versions (with the exception of 1.0) on her website linked in her sig. You would obviously need to take the SD card out and switch the pac files everytime you wanted to switch though.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
So, that actually reminds me, I want to ask all of you something- What do you think about climate change now? Have recent global weather patterns changed your mind or affected your opinion about it in any way? Do you think it's just natural or is there cause for concern? No need for essay posts (not feeling like reading them either XD) just a short answer is fine.

I'll answer it myself to start; I believed it when they first started talking about it, and the recent weather patterns are confirming it for me. Here in the South we're getting weather that goes into the high 70's one day and then 30s-40's the next (both highest temps of the day). Needing a thick robe one day, and then skimpy clothes the very next day, it's pretty crazy. :p I do think there's cause for concern and that people should look more into environmental impacts.

SixSaw

Smash Journeyman
Someone should compile a build with the most OP versions of every character. Would play/10

Edit: One unusually cold winter has not affected my opinions on long-term climate change, no.

Last edited:

Blade-Fox

Smash Apprentice
Someone should compile a build with the most OP versions of every character. Would play/10

Edit: One unusually cold winter has not affected my opinions on long-term climate change, no.
I'd actually like to see a build where every franchise combine all their characters into one character to represent the franchise. The best moves from the entire series all in one character.

Top Bottom