• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bryonato

Green Hat
Yeah similar to the way Smash Flash 2 does it. The argument for it is that Lcanceling is just an artificial way to make the game harder (or something similar to that) iirc.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
And that's where the argument will stop.
I wish, the discussion I'm talking about has been going on awhile and won't end soon from what I can tell

It's been a weird conversation; one of the highlights was when someone brought up auto L-Cancelling making certain types of clawing possible which transitioned into a pathos-laden debate about how L-Cancelling makes it impossible for people with less than five fingers per hand to play LOL

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
I think Kink meant that that's where the argument will stop in this thread.

No matter how many people ***** and moan, PMBR is not removing L-Canceling for any reason.

Didn't they start giving warnings to people for talking about this a while ago anyway?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Today I learned you can play as Sopo for a whole match

I now main Sopo

SunJester

Smash Ace
If I was in the PMBR, I would keep in L cancelling. Mostly because its so ingrained into the mechanics of the Melee-style of game play, so much that it would screw people up who were transitioning to this new game.

Though if I was making a new Smash Bros game, I'd never put in L-cancelling. It's completely unneeded, and doesn't actually ADD a skill to your arsenal like Wavedashing. Its artificial and incredibly shallow to the overall game experience.

But I don't mind it in P:M. There's 12 years of muscle memory for people. It's more important to appease that then change everything.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
If I was in the PMBR, I would keep in L cancelling. Mostly because its so ingrained into the mechanics of the Melee-style of game play, so much that it would screw people up who were transitioning to this new game.

Though if I was making a new Smash Bros game, I'd never put in L-cancelling. It's completely unneeded, and doesn't actually ADD a skill to your arsenal like Wavedashing. Its artificial and incredibly shallow to the overall game experience.
Please don't continue this conversation. It won't end well for precisely the reasoning of this argument.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Also in other news who are the biggest salt bringer characters to Melee players in PM? I would say for me at first Charizard and Ivy.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I had no intention of continuing anything, I was just saying my definitive thoughts on the matter.

Zelda is the fore(wo)man of the salt mine. I'm pretty sure I could restock the Pacific ocean's supply of salt, if it was suddenly depleted, by the salt on these forums.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Today I learned you can play as Sopo for a whole match

I now main Sopo
Playing sopo is sooo much fun. it takes awhile to learn to play as him effectivly, but its worth that extra time.
Im planing to attend a doubles tourney with my partner playing as marth and imma play sopo.....
CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
DDD. ***** doesn't have to do **** to get grabs, is incredibly fat, and plays like a brawl character that beats melee chars at their own game.
I haven't seen anybody complain about DDD in my experience and I'm working on a DDD just need to remember how to do aerial glide tossing and stuff.
also olimar and zelda lol
Zelda for numerous reasons. She isn't very good, or very fun to use, or very fun to play against. Her design turns my veins into salt deposits.
That's actually interesting. I find Zelda very fun cause I love making people feel stupid for approaching me blind and her Din's Fire game is excellent just for that though I do miss 1.0 Din's Fire's and with the ability to WD outta them if you do a aerial one. Also I can't wait to play you sooner or later.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
That's actually interesting. I find Zelda very fun cause I love making people feel stupid for approaching me blind and her Din's Fire game is excellent just for that though I do miss 1.0 Din's Fire's and with the ability to WD outta them if you do a aerial one. Also I can't wait to play you sooner or later.
I love playing zelda because of that but I've noticed it's easily the charcter that makes people the most salty

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Playing sopo is sooo much fun. it takes awhile to learn to play as him effectivly, but its worth that extra time.
Im planing to attend a doubles tourney with my partner playing as marth and imma play sopo.....
CANT WAIT!!!!!!!
Go double Sopo.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Say what you want on L-cancel thing, nothing is changing if you're anti-L-canceling.
Don't waste your posts on it, dummies.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
@Everyone
Stop wasting posts dammit!
. . . Wait I just violated my own rule. CRAP

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Oh, by the way guys, meant to tell you earlier, with the whole Jury Duty business there weren't enough cases for me to have to be a Juror, so guess I got lucky. Here's to hoping the next person that gets to be a Juror, ain't you guys!

SunJester

Smash Ace
Do you know what would be incredible? If you could "select" the stages that appeared on Page 1. This way you could have a very concise stage list without a lot of clutter, and it would be far less confusing to people who aren't as familiar with P:M.

They could make a section for starters and a section for counter-picks. It would be nice if you could just do this in the menu. I know its not the easiest task or really something they NEED to do, but it would be a really nice feature.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Question for everyone. What are your biggest problems with P:M and why?
Characters with very mindless, stupid playstyles encouraged by safe, versatile, difficult/impossible to punish moves, or moves that invalidate certain ways of punishing a character and simultaneously put you in a bad position if you try to challenge it.
I'm looking at Mario's fireballs; Kirby's DA, Cutter dash; Link's boomerang; all for the first criteria
For the second criteria, dive kicks in general, but particularly MK's combined with his multiple jumps, Sonic's combined with his Up-b, and ZSS's down-b divekick which already comes out of a crazily mobile special. Kirby's stone is also very similar in being quick to come out, get him out of a bad situation easily, then being difficult to punish, all while having a knockback that combos crazy well if you try to out-prioritize it and mistake how much knockback his armor will take.
Not speaking for the quality of the moves, but rather how awkwardly stupid they make fighting these characters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom