• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Jynx was accused of portraying blackface, which was an idiotic and terribly racist activity in which white people, usually men, would paint their faces and appendages black and then act out scenarios where they depicted African Americans as being dimwitted and what have you. I mean, I never would have grouped the two together, but there you have it

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Jynx was accused of portraying blackface, which was an idiotic and terribly racist activity in which white people, usually men, would paint their faces and appendages black and then act out scenarios where they depicted African Americans as being dimwitted and what have you. I mean, I never would have grouped the two together, but there you have it
Honestly as a kid, I never viewed Jynx in any racial manner. I mean she's a pokemon, and all pokemon came in all different shapes, colors, and sizes.
There was no need to change her, the fact that they did however was severely stupid.
And Mr.PoPo too was changed for the same reasons as Jynx.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Honestly as a kid, I never viewed Jynx in any racial manner. I mean she's a pokemon, and all pokemon came in all different shapes, colors, and sizes.
There was no need to change her, the fact that they did however was severely stupid.
And Mr.PoPo too was changed for the same reasons as Jynx.
The day stupid people stop causing uproars over such little issues is the day we can all live in peace.

(lol, accidental PokePun)

9Kplus1

Smash Master
since we're on the topic of Pokemon...

who wants to be awesome and grab me a few things from Pokecheck? You'd have my eternal love :)

btw garethax: don't you dare like this post

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I couldn't even load the stream to begin with.
Just black screen.

Ah well, at least Cosmo has been streaming OoT again.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I like how GIMR has only streamed matches I lose...

sad day

OOZE will have to come around another time

7th out of 150ish

Last edited:

Burnsy

Smash Lord
twitch.tv/azprojectmelee

HUGE AZ regional feat Axe, Taj, Aero, Mach, Jamie HR, Neon, Heyseuss! 70+ people are here from New Mexico, SoCal, and Mexico!
Getting towards the end of top 8 here, really stacked regional. We've currently got K9 v Aero, and that's a losers match. Tune in for potential upsets.

And salt

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Almost. There's a group of people/bot trying to get him released, and the helixists are fighting them

That was close.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Did they actually whittle it down and catch it or just used a Master Ball? The latter seems more believable.

Last edited:

Burnsy

Smash Lord
And they are on their way to releasing it.

Read about the drama with Destiny's twitch chat (SC2 streamer) attempting to raid them and release all the Pokemon (or at least bird jesus). We've been stuck at the pokecenter for hours, is that struggle still ongoing?!

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
Why use the master ball on anyone else? You think they're going to keep playing after the credits to get Mewtwo?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Anything as cancerous as TwitchPlaysPokemon won't let a thing like the game being over stop them.

It'll just start a horrible trend of hundreds of other "TwitchPlays." Watch as 70000 people suffer Earthbound. Enjoy as anarchy causes Ness to face backwards before every battle and spam the Pray command. Face the wrath of a thousand memes about the holy Ketchup Packet.
Chuppacket.
Chuppacket.

Last edited:
Top Bottom