• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
what's your state, if you don't mind me asking?
I'm in Colorado. The problem mostly is the fact I live in an area of Colorado where Smashing is almost non-existant. I think there's supposed to be a relatively large Melee tournament that's annual every Summer in Colorado though. But it doesn't help my truck is completely dead - I'm thinking you saw the post earlier. But half the time I honestly feel like Smash isn't even here.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Eh, easier said than done. But it'd be great if that could be accomplished - as if it's not enough I smash I have way too many hobbies for a normal person. To be totally fair this would probably be easier to create a scene for compared to anything else though. So here's hoping.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Nah that doesn't come close to $10 MM/Actual tourney, if I'm not breathing hard and taking 2 minutes to decide my bans it's not working.

There's not even an option to turn off your signature per post is there? How annoying is the drum and bass.gif because I'm use to it so I can't tell; it wouldn't be a problem if my sig only showed once per page like before the SB change.

Here's a Multi-shine tutorial, and it's got a Smash Live! Symphony music that they detected to not allow monetization http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAMoJ8ZpvjE&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A&feature=c4-overview
Here's a Marth random stuff tutorial thing, it's got a copyright notice so right away it wouldn't allow: it's Fluoride by Brad Sucks and it's even the demo version and they detected it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGGHCzl_RMM

So what royalty free music would you or anyone suggest over those if I re-uploaded them? If anyone has any ideas of how to make the actual videos better/more helpful before I re-upload just the music tell me.
I used to do matches where the loser buys a milkshake for the winner with friends in college. Escalated to burritos and mario party. So many chance time milkshakes.

But anyways, find stuff you guys don't want to do. If you're going out to a party or bars, make loser DD. If you guys share a living space, loser cleans. Hate calling people or ordering pizza? Loser does it. Random crap that you guys take turns doing or you all debate about before doing it, b/c it's not what you want to do. Don't share a dislike? Find something funny that you guys would like to see the other do which isn't too ridiculous -- loser has to start conversations with random people on the street, eat something that doesn't sound great, gets to pick out a movie to watch, etc. Just find something between whatever group you're playing with and go for it. All about creativity and making yourself invested in a match more than usual.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Create a scene or get your car fixed/replaced and start traveling.
Just to point out, the damage on the truck is very costly which involves a brand new transmission or re-building the entire transmission, which either way the mechanic pointed out it'd be a few thousand and the truck is worth an absolute maximum of $500. Also, the job I work literally demands I work at any time of the week, no exceptions and I can't go to any other job for the moment as jobs are severely limited in my community it just so happens that a big grocery company is near by and most jobs I can even find demand you have your own car. HOWEVER I probably can get a new car pretty soon, unfortunately if I have the money it all has to come from my tax refund. So traveling very much until my truck is replaced is mostly out of the question.
--
There's also specific requirements for my neighborhood just to even drive in it. Not because of any guidelines but because we can get snow literally in a moment's notice you need to either have damn good snow tires or AWD or 4X4 drive on your car. And it doesn't help that my driveway is ridiculously slippery during the winter, and to top things off all the ice doesn't even melt until Summer on my driveway (Or rarely does). Lucky me.
--
Also, speaking of things I need to figure out can someone explain how you're supposed to be able to loop custom music on PM or could someone redirect me to a thread that helps with this?

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I used to do matches where the loser buys a milkshake for the winner with friends in college. Escalated to burritos and mario party. So many chance time milkshakes.

But anyways, find stuff you guys don't want to do. If you're going out to a party or bars, make loser DD. If you guys share a living space, loser cleans. Hate calling people or ordering pizza? Loser does it. Random crap that you guys take turns doing or you all debate about before doing it, b/c it's not what you want to do. Don't share a dislike? Find something funny that you guys would like to see the other do which isn't too ridiculous -- loser has to start conversations with random people on the street, eat something that doesn't sound great, gets to pick out a movie to watch, etc. Just find something between whatever group you're playing with and go for it. All about creativity and making yourself invested in a match more than usual.
The problem is mainly even finding any people, as I've been able to find more Smashers but most are over an hour away, but that does sound like a good idea. And the needing a new vehicle part. But yeah, I definitely get what you mean.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Also, appreciate the help you guys have given me so far by the way. Honestly.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Eh, easier said than done. But it'd be great if that could be accomplished - as if it's not enough I smash I have way too many hobbies for a normal person. To be totally fair this would probably be easier to create a scene for compared to anything else though. So here's hoping.

Why not just use Instant Transmission?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
If we had access to Instant Transmission then we would save gas and alot of money and traveling to events would be less of a hassle. But then again if we had that M2K would just teleport all over the country and body dudes every week to get money.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If we had access to Instant Transmission then we would save gas and alot of money and traveling to events would be less of a hassle. But then again if we had that M2K would just teleport all over the country and body dudes every week to get money.
I'd rather not have Instant Transmission as an accessible thing, I can already imagine a slasher going into peoples houses at night and etc.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Like my meme said, but yeah if this ever became a reality this would be like the worst idea ever. I mean, it really sounds like an awesome idea, but there's so much that could go incredibly wrong about it. It'd still be cool to have though.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
@ PillsBuryDopeBoy PillsBuryDopeBoy
Too bad the link/picture doesn't work. Sorry I'm being such a **** today. Also, I couldn't help but make a double-Futurama reference that show was spectacular it's a shame they technically ended it.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
@ Brim Brim
lolol nah man no need for the apologies, it was all in good fun. And while Futurama was a good show, it started to get less funny with each new episode.
Although the ending was pretty sad and nostalgic
:(

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
@ Brim Brim
lolol nah man no need for the apologies, it was all in good fun. And while Futurama was a good show, it started to get less funny with each new episode.
Although the ending was pretty sad and nostalgic
:(
Well, I think it was just that people had gotten used to the style of writing and it felt like some creative idea-people left the team, or a small writer or two. But personally I love how they found a way so the show (according to them) NEVER ENDS. TECHNICALLY

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Well, I think it was just that people had gotten used to the style of writing and it felt like some creative idea-people left the team, or a small writer or two. But personally I love how they found a way so the show (according to them) NEVER ENDS. TECHNICALLY
What do u mean by "it TECHNICALLY never ends"?
Explain yourself mortal.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I basically mean that there's a lot that states the series does go in an infinite loop. Literally. I don't remember what episode it was even though I believe it was where they stated in Futurama that the space time continuum infinitely loops itself. An example was the episode where Professor Farnsworth invents the time machine that cannot go back in time, so they try going back in time after Fry accidentally sends them, I believe it was, 100 years maybe more, when the Professor only intended to go ten seconds. They keep going until the Universe ends and then find that time loops itself, and they keep going till they reach the same night the Professor had sent them back in time. I might be off about some details however. I know that wasn't intentionally talked about in the last episode, but since Futurama is a series that typically stands by what they say things are in the series, this would still stand to reason this wouldn't change in the final episode. Even though I thought Fry kinda killed time by freezing everyone in time - meh I never actually got to the final episode, I only read about it and heard from friends I just never put in the effort to find it, which I should do. Hopefully the final episode is available for streaming on Netflix.

--

But now by reading all of this you have fell into my pointless trap! This raccoon speaks better for me however.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Moderator Speak: Please stop with the single-image, no-effort posts clogging up the thread.

Thank you.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
I basically mean that there's a lot that states the series does go in an infinite loop. Literally. I don't remember what episode it was even though I believe it was where they stated in Futurama that the space time continuum infinitely loops itself. An example was the episode where Professor Farnsworth invents the time machine that cannot go back in time, so they try going back in time after Fry accidentally sends them, I believe it was, 100 years maybe more, when the Professor only intended to go ten seconds. They keep going until the Universe ends and then find that time loops itself, and they keep going till they reach the same night the Professor had sent them back in time. I might be off about some details however. I know that wasn't intentionally talked about in the last episode, but since Futurama is a series that typically stands by what they say things are in the series, this would still stand to reason this wouldn't change in the final episode. Even though I thought Fry kinda killed time by freezing everyone in time - meh I never actually got to the final episode, I only read about it and heard from friends I just never put in the effort to find it, which I should do. Hopefully the final episode is available for streaming on Netflix.

--
.... I never really though about this that much...... but damn.... It does make sense. Congrats mortal, u may live for another week :laugh:
Shadic, you're scary with that red text. Even your name is scary looking.
The bidoof and alakazam combination is MUCH more scary looking.

Vashimus

Smash Master
That site does a pretty bad job of actually estimating how hard or easy it is to crack a password. It seems to only care about length. There are many other factors involved in a brute-force attempt.
Not really.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Is it bad that I thought Alakadoof was a legit pokemon all this time? Shadic you liar! :alakadoof:

That shows how much I know about the franchise.
So.....dat Cloyster tho...

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
@ Brim Brim Try contacting a facebook group in your area, that couldn't hurt to find out where the closest scene is. Smashboards is kinda dead social/regional thread wise, its used for semantics discussion and as a huge info dump. Its sad but Everyone uses facebook pages now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom