• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Pokemon contests only serve to evolve my ****ty ass Feebas into something productive
wait nevermind
it's the berry **** you feed them for contests that let Feebas evolve
so retract that statement
contests no use

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master

Even though one of my favorite Pokes got a Mega, it's gonna take quite a bit of support for me to actually sweep with this thing. Getting rid of anything faster (mainly Greninja), things that can take hits from it and OHKO back (mainly T-tar), weather changers, Mach Punchers, AND keeping Rocks off the field is gonna be a chore. I also wish it got a better ability than Solar Power.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Houndoom in Sun: 128-152 (43.8 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Solar Power damage <--- This is also a problem.

Sunny Day / Dark Pulse / Fire Blast (or Flamethrower) / Solar Beam should work well. Or maybe I should have Ninetales or another Poke set up sun to make room for Nasty Plot. Conflictions...

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
As much flak as I get for this statement, I really really REALLY would kill for a Pokemon game with "Tales of" fighting style or "Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm" fighting style.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Yeah, you're gonna get flak. That sounds gross, homie.

That Pokken Fighters, though...
Man, Tales of is kind of sketchy I can admit, but NUNS style works pretty much perfectly for Pokemon.

It's just that it's got Naruto written on it so it's got the stigma.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You said a lot of numbers and ****, but it's still way more plausible than Ash's Charizard 1HKOing Gary's Blastoise with Seismic Toss. The point still stands, that's not Ash, that's Red. Even if Red's scenario isn't likely, it's more plausible than Ash's. Lawyered.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
You said a lot of numbers and ****, but it's still way more plausible than Ash's Charizard 1HKOing Gary's Blastoise with Seismic Toss. The point still stands, that's not Ash, that's Red. Even if Red's scenario isn't likely, it's more plausible than Ash's. Lawyered.
A move that takes the opponent into the sky and crashes them into the ground and the damage is equal to the level of the Pokemon that used it. That in itself doesn't make any sense. The anime depiction of the attack shows how powerful a move like that should be.

In the game though, Seismic toss has its own use by dealing that set amount of damage.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Seismic Toss in game is basically useful because walls like Chansey exist, and Mega Kangaskhan exists (auto 2HKO every Pokemon with 400 HP or less cheese).

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
A NUNS styled pokemon fighter?
Why the hell not? lol
It's artstyle would work perfectly on it too.

Technically they could make it a clone of the game since almost every pokemon can learn substitute. :colorful:
Rules would get broken though since Pokemon would have 4 moves that function off the D-Pad, their normal attacks which probably incorporate moves into them, Substitute, Agility in the sense of the charge dash. So like 8+ moves on each Pokemon.

JOE!

Smash Hero
So, got to work on them fossils. Concept for them is that they are both Ice Age mammals, as well as a Wall Breaker and Wall, respectively.

Saberdon:
Based on Smilodon Fatalis

Description: Looks similar to a "normal" smilodon, but with claws and fangs resembling carved stone weapons, similar to Clovis Points and other stone age weaponry.

Type: Rock
Ability: Tapered Edge (Contact moves lower enemy defense)

80/120/70/50/70/100 (490 total).

By design, it is meant to be frightening in that it can force a switch and make opponents think twice about what comes in on it. However, being pure rock leaves it weak to common priority moves which in turn can force a retreat thanks to meager defenses.

(Unnamed Sloth)
: Based on Megatherium

Description: A large, sloth-like pokemon with a layer of thick fur and moss covering the majority of it's back. It has large forearms and impressive claws, but a gentle disposition.

Type: Rock/Grass
Ability: Fur Coat

120/110/70/80/80/30 (490 total)

By design, the sloth is meant to be a fearsome physical wall. However, it's typing leaves it with only 2 resistances and 4 weaknesses to common (and now relevant steel) type attacks. It's low speed and restricted access to recovery / status moves can make it susceptible to things whittling it down / status against it. While it's offensive stats are usable as well, it won't have that much coverage overall.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Gen III best gen ever.
this guy knows what's up. Hoenn was such a kick-a*s region. The legendaries were the coolest, and the perils the world was put in were the greatest. Spear Sky pillar (and the whole regis and rapids thing) was the best post game dungeon ever. Also, Dive as an HM.

Last edited:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Is there a way to overcome anxiety in tournaments? One of the biggest problems I had recently was pretty much no confidence in myself, I legit thought I was going to lose all the games I played so whenever I won I was real surprised and it was hard to maintain my composure... I also had wicked stomach pain after my matches...

Do I just have to go to more tournaments?

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Is there a way to overcome anxiety in tournaments? One of the biggest problems I had recently was pretty much no confidence in myself, I legit thought I was going to lose all the games I played so whenever I won I was real surprised and it was hard to maintain my composure... I also had wicked stomach pain after my matches...

I guess that's the only way to defeat your anxiety. Bring your IPod along too, and put your own music in there. Always ask around for some friendlies too.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232

I've only been to a handful of tourneys, but I've always had a low level of anxiety before my matches. For me, it always kind of went away during the actual match. If you think about things like how good your opponent is, or how cool it'd be if you beat them, it craps on your performance. You need to think "how do I beat him?", not "what if I beat him?" For me, staying focused on the match instead of the opponent, kills all the anxiety.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm listening through royalty-free music to find something that doesn't suck, SOMEONE HELP ME I WOULDNT PLAY THIS **** MUSIC IN A MENTAL WARD FOR THE SAKE OF THEIR SLIM AMOUNT OF REMAINING SANITY

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
One thing I must ask regarding friendlies: Are they on Friday's exclusively? Or are you allowed to do one before the tournament begins?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I'm listening through royalty-free music to find something that doesn't suck, SOMEONE HELP ME I WOULDNT PLAY THIS **** MUSIC IN A MENTAL WARD FOR THE SAKE OF THEIR SLIM AMOUNT OF REMAINING SANITY
Be a pirate/non-compliant and this is a non-issue. Do some research to find out if your ISP is overly anal about that sort of thing, but you know the drill.

@gen 3
The best Ground type 'mon in the metagame(Groudon, fools, hold these claws n' quakes) didn't come from 1-2 or 4-6.
You already know.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
@ MysteryRevengerson MysteryRevengerson So I just watched your set vs JCeasar from xanadu, and knowing you were getting anxious during the match, it shows. You took game 1 pretty convincingly, but you fell apart from there. All I can say is that you should keep going to events when you can, and eventually that anxiety will go away. I think for most people, being social, playing lots of friendlies, and talking to people is how they distract themselves from "the competition". For other people, it's isolating themselves during the match. Putting on music, and tuning everything else out while you just play, not thinking about how it's at some tournament, is what works for a lot of people. You just gotta figure out what's better for you.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Well.... I like this:

Doesn't have to be royalty free, just music that doesn't trigger youtube flags. Try video game music that isn't from Skyward Sword for example.

If you want better answers, you have to tell us what the music is for.

Last edited:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
They don't become half machine, so your point is invalid.

@ #HBC | Joker #HBC | Joker Alright, alright. I WAS listening to music though, just not with my Sony's because they get mad loud and I didn't want it to be distracting, haha. I should play more friendlies though, I usually play some to warm-up and then when I feel good about it pretty much stop to scope out other people's friendlies.

I def plan on going to more!

Oracle

Smash Master
@ MysteryRevengerson MysteryRevengerson you get better woth more experience. I try to think about losing not being such a big deal and play more for fun. At the end of the day, youre going to a place with a bunch of tvs to play video games with cool people. And regardless of the outcome, thats pretty dang cool by itself

Spooky Skook

Smash Cadet
Well.... I like this:

Doesn't have to be royalty free, just music that doesn't trigger youtube flags. Try video game music that isn't from Skyward Sword for example.

If you want better answers, you have to tell us what the music is for.
When Stanley came to a set of two open doors, he entered the door on his left.
One of the best easter eggs from one of my favorite games. You sir are a saint.

Last edited:

metroid1117

Smash Master
As much flak as I get for this statement, I really really REALLY would kill for a Pokemon game with "Tales of" fighting style or "Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm" fighting style.
When I was a kid, I saw a commercial for the first Pokemon Stadium game and got super excited because I thought players would be able to control Pokemon and fight in real time like in Smash >.>.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Pokémon Stadium real time combat sounds great.

Pokémon would have their main attacks of course while also each having an individual stamina gauge based on stats that should only allow you to dodge slightly and power through a few hits but you can't abuse it either.

Even on the anime it comes down to surprising your opponent by countering his attack in some way and then using a better attack that breaks through the opponent's defense.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
When I was a kid, I saw a commercial for the first Pokemon Stadium game and got super excited because I thought players would be able to control Pokemon and fight in real time like in Smash >.>.
I'm not sure exactly what you guys mean by ninja storm. But you could always play Type Wild, that's a pokemon SF-type game. Also, that pokken-fighter leak from a while ago looked like a side-step 3D fighter like soul calibur.

Burnsy

Smash Lord

Go to more tournaments, and another big help is to do cheap money matches. They don't even have to be over money, it could be "losers gotta make everyone sandwiches" or something. The point is that you need to feel as if something is on the line when you play. You won't get that same feeling of being "under-pressure" to perform or be able to develop that type of composure simply by playing friendlies and drilling tech.

Last edited:
Top Bottom