• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Anyone wanna give a sopo main some advice on how to deal with pressure?
Getting my arse kicked whenever someone goes turbo offensive on me.

Last edited:

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Go to more tournaments, and another big help is to do cheap money matches. They don't even have to be over money, it could be "losers gotta make everyone sandwiches" or something. The point is that you need to feel as of something is on the line when you play. You won't get that same feeling of being "under-pressure" to perform or be able to develop that type of composure simply by playing friendlies and drilling tech.
I just play the song "Under Pressure" on a loop while I smash. Seems to work out.

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
advice: stop maining sopo
seriously there's a reason there's two ICs
I enjoy playing sopo because how challenging it is. Sure I'd be better off playing with the ice climbers as a whole, but im choosing not too.
Thanks for the advice, however im gonna keep playing with sopo and trying to get better with him.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
Nana/Popo > SoPo > No Po.
I enjoy playing sopo because how challenging it is. Sure I'd be better off playing with the ice climbers as a whole, but im choosing not too.
Thanks for the advice, however im gonna keep playing with sopo and trying to get better with him.
I would judge you for foolishness, but then I saw Fly at KOC3 so i'll just say good luck.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
Sopo's viable, I've seen it plenty of times.
Agreed, but It seems a little weird to shirk off the expanded technique pool you get with nana, even if it's only to get a human shield. Do Sopo mains just start the match with nana and ignore her completely? Letting her cheese smash whenever and be a distraction to the opponent why going in for punishes with popo? Or does nana actually slow popo down in any way even if you aren't trying to protect her?

Bambi_

King of the Forest
If Sopo is viable, then ICs must be OP. There's two of them, so they deal twice as much damage, can desynch, and can combo into each other. Twice as many characters to take hits, twice as many hitboxes, and several times the combo potential.

No, Sopo isn't viable. Otherwise we'd see everyone playing ICs for how good having two of a viable character would make them.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I can see this as being more like a, beat your friends with Dan kinda thing, going SoPo.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Ultra Street Fighter 4 disk version in August will be my starting point in the 4 series, since Capcom is going under and this is a piece of history, plus they are adding awesome characters from third strike days, might as well be part of history right? Plus I hear they are making Chun Li viable!

I won't be ****ed out of the costumes by spending as much money getting SSF4 and upgrading earlier.

Last edited:

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Ultra Street Fighter 4 disk version in August will be my starting point in the 4 series, since Capcom is going under and this is a piece of history, plus they are adding awesome characters from third strike days, might as well be part of history right? Plus I hear they are making Chun Li viable!

I won't be ****ed out of the costumes by spending as much money getting SSF4 and upgrading earlier.
If you are just getting into the series, I'm not sure why Chun's viability is that important to you. All you need to do with her in AE is git gud to beat most people, unless you mean you plan to pick up the game, enter a tournament days later and somehow beat people who have been playing the games for years just because you picked Cammy.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I just like Chun Li, and faster walkspeeds :) and I guess beating people online with her might be worth a good casual time, even if it won't be a real win against a good opponent and any of those disclaimers for the fakeness of online competition.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I just like Chun Li, and faster walkspeeds :) and I guess beating people online with her might be worth a good casual time, even if it won't be a real win against a good opponent and any of those disclaimers for the fakeness of online competition.
Being a fraudulent WiFi warrior is actually pretty fun. I did it for about a year before I picked up Smash. If you pick Dan, you'll strike fear into the heart of your opponent as they think to themselves "****, I really dont want to lose to Dan but this is netplay so I might anyways." Only the most solid mind games ;)

Also I like Chun Li too, mained her in 2012, and as someone who didn't enter SF tournaments but still wanted to learn some strong+effective strategies, she never came across as some incredibly disadvantaged character. All of the characters are pretty close in viability in that game, one of the major reasons being that traits affecting matchups (mobility, zoning capability) are less extreme+polarizing when compared to Smash.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Well.... I like this:

Doesn't have to be royalty free, just music that doesn't trigger youtube flags. Try video game music that isn't from Skyward Sword for example.

If you want better answers, you have to tell us what the music is for.
It's for youtube monetization, so I think they'll catch you if it's other video game music right? Otherwise can I use castlevania songs and be okay?. Here's a video I made with good copyrighted music I can't make monetization off of: the song really makes the video though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nYWNayYVLo
For future videos and possibly a couple re-uploads, of primarily medium paced tutorial videos, I need some music that is good but royalty free. I didn't like that music you linked though he's the guy I keep hearing Kevin Mcleod that has a lot of music, but so far I haven't enjoyed his stuff that greatly besides his celtic music reminding me of runescape. I got this sixth sense where I can TELL something is royalty free within the first 5 seconds of hearing it and I want to find some that somehow seems good enough to not make my sense know right away.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Go to more tournaments, and another big help is to do cheap money matches. They don't even have to be over money, it could be "losers gotta make everyone sandwiches" or something. The point is that you need to feel as if something is on the line when you play. You won't get that same feeling of being "under-pressure" to perform or be able to develop that type of composure simply by playing friendlies and drilling tech.
Has anyone come up with an ingenious way to do that without any consequences? The only thing I've imagined is trying to get yourself uber greedy while you do quarter money matches to get the same competitive vibe, but it's impossible to become that greedy.

Oops, ment to combine posts. Smashmods use to do that automatically

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Nah that doesn't come close to $10 MM/Actual tourney, if I'm not breathing hard and taking 2 minutes to decide my bans it's not working.

There's not even an option to turn off your signature per post is there? How annoying is the drum and bass.gif because I'm use to it so I can't tell; it wouldn't be a problem if my sig only showed once per page like before the SB change.
If you want better answers, you have to tell us what the music is for.
Here's a Multi-shine tutorial, and it's got a Smash Live! Symphony music that they detected to not allow monetization http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAMoJ8ZpvjE&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A&feature=c4-overview
Here's a Marth random stuff tutorial thing, it's got a copyright notice so right away it wouldn't allow: it's Fluoride by Brad Sucks and it's even the demo version and they detected it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGGHCzl_RMM

So what royalty free music would you or anyone suggest over those if I re-uploaded them? If anyone has any ideas of how to make the actual videos better/more helpful before I re-upload just the music tell me. I might just use the audioswap to not have to reupload, but then I think it takes out the rest of the audio.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You're doing this for monetization?
That's a fight you're just not gonna win at all.

You may as well use whatever music and not monetize it at all.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Wait what? What do you mean? Do they not allow Smash footage to be monetized?
In case you haven't noticed in the past 4 months, the content ID system has gotten very, very ridiculous and extreme. It's gotten to the point where there are claims from folks who don't really own any of the content, and it's because of the questionable system bots that there are even more ridiculous claims.
http://kotaku.com/clueless-youtube-copyright-bots-think-gta-sirens-are-a-1487190437
http://www.polygon.com/search?order=date&page=2&q=copyright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfqHmotzeKc

There are also claims that can happen that are illegitimate.

This has gotten so bad that content creators were starting to protest,leave youtube,etc. Hell it even lead to the rebirth of Normal Boots FWIW.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
That site does a pretty bad job of actually estimating how hard or easy it is to crack a password. It seems to only care about length. There are many other factors involved in a brute-force attempt.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Since Sopo is an option, it would be REALLY cool if Sopo was different than the standard Popo-solo-after-Nana-dies.
Like maybe, holding R, can get rid of Nana... and gain something.
Would be cool. Even if just his 4 specials changed to be 'good' as if Nana 'was' there permanently (like double/bigger Blizzard and Double Block hits too even), and everything else stayed as-is.
IC's, without the partner, but without the getting-gimped when separated that makes up for the 2.

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Hey guys. 'Sup?

--

But in total seriousness, I'm trying to jump more into competitive Smash but am having an incredibly difficult time trying to find tournaments in my area and the tournament listing segment isn't helping apparently my state is devoid of Smash tournaments. Well at least we aren't Wyoming.

Top Bottom