• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Anything as cancerous as TwitchPlaysPokemon won't let a thing like the game being over stop them.

It'll just start a horrible trend of hundreds of other "TwitchPlays." Watch as 70000 people suffer Earthbound. Enjoy as anarchy causes Ness to face backwards before every battle and spam the Pray command. Face the wrath of a thousand memes about the holy Ketchup Packet.
Chuppacket.
Chuppacket.
You know, you could just ignore all of it instead of trying to sound like that sort of thing is beneath you, you're kinda sounding like a no-fun-allowed douche in this post.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Farfetch'd is like the only Poke in R/B that could learn both Cut and Fly. We needed him. >:[

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
"Hey bro! How's it going?"

"Sup, sis. Pretty good. What's up?

"Well, I could use some help. I'm writing an essay and I'm a little stuck. Could you go over and edit it for me?"

"Sure, not a problem. I can look through it. Email me it."

*looks through it*

*sheer number of spelling and grammar mistakes, run-on sentences, and rambling nonsense is painful to the eyes*

"Son of a... when is this due again?"

"Tomorrow."

"Umm...well, could you get on Skype that way we can work together on this and get it done?"

"Actually, I gotta go to the library with my friends to study French. Huge test tomorrow"

"Of course."

"But could you send it back real quick so I can, you know, add quotes and stuff?"

"Sure, whatev."

"Oh, and Rachel says hi."

"I know."

"Gotta go, thanks!"

"Bye."

-sigh- ....All nighter time.

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub

get wrecked CT
I feel horribly behind now ._. was this like a recent tournament? I kept seeing posts about what I thought was a tournament and I can't find anything on VGBootCamp about a recent tournament other than their weeklies.
--
Speaking of which, I was able to find a Smash group on Facebook in Colorado, but I'd have to move to town, which I'm nowhere near. I feel bad now.
--
And I know no one may care, but a new DKG video is out (I find it pretty interesting stuff at least) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S76N63BPwwo

Last edited:

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Shuffle V was fun. Got to play a lot of cool people. Got schooled most of the time, but still.

So yeah, Mew2King beat me in Brawl pools (as expected), but it was funny: second match, he asked if we could play on a goofy stage. We played on Spear Pillar and he got so flustered by the hazards. Still beat me, but it was a lot of fun and he seemed to enjoy it. I feel like a lot of pros wouldn't have done that.

Also, if anybody saw me on stream, I pretty much lost my ****. Not because I was salty at Strong Bad (dude is head and shoulders better than me, so I'm fine losing to him) but because of my inability to adapt. I was hoping I wouldn't get four stocked, but whatevs. I cooled off the moment the match ended.

Overall, fun event. I wish there was more, smaller events nearby though :/

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I've found adaptation frustratingly difficult against characters that can trample as well. Against spacing characters, there is time to gradually adjust, but when a character like DK or Wolf can potentially convert a single hit into death, it makes for very little time for the learning process to take place. It's something that I'd think just comes with continual practice and observation, with a need for the right mentality that I've not found yet.
ound yet.
ound yet.

Last edited:

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I've found adaptation frustratingly difficult against characters that can trample as well. Against spacing characters, there is time to gradually adjust, but when a character like DK or Wolf can potentially convert a single hit into death, it makes for very little time for the learning process to take place. It's something that I'd think just comes with continual practice and observation, with a need for the right mentality that I've not found yet.
ound yet.
ound yet.
I do need more practice. I'm still crappy at most ATs. Also, I really need more PM playing friends. I only play with a small group of five or so, so the experience is pretty limited. Wish there was more PM stuff around.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Anyone here know of any spray paint that's good for controllers? I want to buy some and customize my control, everyone has a white controller these days and hate getting mine mixed up.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Controller talk? I finally got my clear front controller all togeather (would have totally clear but stripped screw holes in the bottom half if the shell) and it looks so tight. Clear/white looks awesome.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I feel that on a technical level, I'm doing fantastic with Ike. Watching Ally play him almost feels slow in comparison, but what I completely lack next to him is actual matchup and (more thorough) tournament experience (and also better choices at the right times, as any great player like him has). My brother and I are looking into getting much more involve in the scene around us as we feel we're ready on a basic fundamentals level at the very least.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
My brother and I
I wish one of my brothers was interested in smash ;_;
my next younger brother used to be interested in competitive CoD and played smash with me when we were little but has now more or less loss interest in playing any video games whatsoever
and my youngest brother isn't really very competitive as far as I can tell but what little he has he invests in Naruto fighting games, and the rest of his gaming is done on his 3DS
seriously they both have my family's incredibly lucky brainy genes, what shame they actually don't want to waste them on video games

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Shoutouts to Missile combos in Project M. You will have to crank up the volume cause the audio is very low.
http://www.twitch.tv/satisfyler/c/3775900

And in other news my smash scene is now getting hungry with a bunch of new faces for PM I'm super excited now for the future ever since I started playing smash again.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
my next younger brother used to be interested in competitive CoD but beyond playing smash with me when we were little but has now more or less loss interest in playing any video games whatsoever
and my youngest brother isn't really very competitive as far as I can tell but what little he has he invests in Naruto fighting games, and the rest of his gaming is done on his 3DS
seriously they both have my family's incredibly lucky brainy genes, what shame they actually don't want to waste them on video games
I've been lucky to have siblings that were pretty invested in gaming along with me. My older brother is 4 hours north and married so that's not exactly a possibility, but my sister would be up to our level if she also wasn't at college 4 hours north as well (or in Italy right now for that matter). My younger bro's always been a little bit behind me but we've been actively working on our mindsets during play and he and my friend (who used to be pretty bad like 4 years ago) are now up to my level (and my level's now gotten significantly higher so that says a good deal about the three of us). Having a good close community seriously improves your motivation to want to improve. I really feel like we're ready to start taking on tournaments and breaching brackets (finally).

Vashimus

Smash Master
At least you have brothers. Three sisters and they all have better things to do than play video games.

Though those rare times we do get together to play games, it's hilariously intense.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I feel horribly behind now ._. was this like a recent tournament? I kept seeing posts about what I thought was a tournament and I can't find anything on VGBootCamp about a recent tournament other than their weeklies.
--
Speaking of which, I was able to find a Smash group on Facebook in Colorado, but I'd have to move to town, which I'm nowhere near. I feel bad now.
--
And I know no one may care, but a new DKG video is out (I find it pretty interesting stuff at least) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S76N63BPwwo
It was on MLG.tv

VGBC streamed it, but because MLG sponsored the event, they were asked not to stream on Twitch, and to instead stream on their site. I guess they wanna gauge what kind of audience they'll draw if they sponsor more smash events.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
It was on MLG.tv

VGBC streamed it, but because MLG sponsored the event, they were asked not to stream on Twitch, and to instead stream on their site. I guess they wanna gauge what kind of audience they'll draw if they sponsor more smash events.
Well that's a pretty unreliable way to gauge it tbh
I'm fairly sure a lot of VGBC's viewers get notified through their channel on twitch such as through emails twitch sends out. I get the feeling it was probably less viewed than it could have been, even though I didn't see viewer numbers anywhere.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Having a sibling who is interested in the same game with a competitive interest is a powerful tool and asset for getting better and I dont see it often. I was the youngest of my siblings and the only one who has alot of interest in video games. I remember a well known FG player in the Mortal Kombat/Injustice community named CD JR got super strong at MK9 with his two brothers who also have the same interest and all of the them are really strong players because of it.

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
My step brother and I play together frequently.

Also Vashimus, I know your pain. I also have 3 sisters. All of them are younger than I too

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I wish I had people that wanted to be competitive.

I just got people that want to have fun.

Only half as good.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm starting to try to start trying to watch the Walking Dead. I'm on episode 2. Please tell me it gets better because right now it's pretty damn bad.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll just be up front I'm not gonna read the comic. I don't read comics at all. That's not to say that I don't understand the appeal, I do. But I can't do a thing that's both words and pictures. My brain rebels. I end up either only reading the words or only looking at the pictures. I just can't combine the two in an enjoyable experience. So, basically, no comic for me.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'll just be up front I'm not gonna read the comic. I don't read comics at all. That's not to say that I don't understand the appeal, I do. But I can't do a thing that's both words and pictures. My brain rebels. I end up either only reading the words or only looking at the pictures. I just can't combine the two in an enjoyable experience. So, basically, no comic for me.
But Inuyasha =(, and Mermaid Saga! And the early stuff of One Punch Man. Want me to read them aloud for you?

Also more Squirtle Jank www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KI2RQzCvKW4#t=3010

Last edited:
Top Bottom