• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Checked out the venue for Eau Claire Sucks at Smash 5 last night and talked with the owner for a while. Got them to add Project M and melee to the Friday Fight Night lineup. We start at 8pm, an hr earlier than the other events. This should really help establish a scene here. I'm excited. :)

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got a new phone. It's so amazing. Galaxy S4. In love with it. It is ridiculously thin compared to my last phone, which was the Galaxy S with the slide-out physical keyboard.

It's taking a while to customize everything and change stuff to the way I like it, but hey that's half the fun!

Paradoxium

Smash Master
My boarding school is in NJ. I'm an international student.
Hit me up when you wanna go a few rounds
That's such a weird issue, but I'll go ahead and rebuild it later today then.

That's presumably the same as the reddit guide I was following so I'll go ahead and make sure to redo every step properly again.
Same goes for you too, hit me up

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Just went through a few of the Shuffle V matches, and I gotta say, I can't decide who was the more merciless player: Mew2king or Strong Bad.

RIP all those people.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
We taught Lord Helix Surf and we're in the Mansion's basement close to the key. Australia can take it from here, I'm heading to bed. This **** gets too addicting.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
There is already twitch plats pokemon plays: tetris. I don't think it can be run too much further into the ground.

The system is also only really feasible in slow, relatively easy to grind turn based RPG's. Although I would love for twitch to play some RPG/story game where your actions really matter and impact the ending dramatically.

Commando

Smash Rookie
I found Twitch Plays Pokemon interesting for the first day. Now I just check in once everyday or so. I wonder what other kinds of genres this would work for...

If I have the homebrewed version of Project M, can I play online with my friend who has the hackless full set?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
There was actually a tournament yesterday, i tuned in on the stream just in time for Grand Finals
GFs were lame, I suck vs MK I guess
Also had a ******** moment where he won his third game and finished the set but I forgot about the first game I lost as M2 so I was like "Umm don't I get another game?" lol
Too bad you weren't there earlier, I enjoyed my matches vs tetraflora and bidooof more

I wonder what other kinds of genres this would work for...
twitch.tv/twitchplaysprojectm

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
There is already twitch plats pokemon plays: tetris. I don't think it can be run too much further into the ground.

The system is also only really feasible in slow, relatively easy to grind turn based RPG's. Although I would love for twitch to play some RPG/story game where your actions really matter and impact the ending dramatically.
Twitch plays Persona 4 Golden?

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Just came back from the hospital after a...... mario party related incident. And now i can't play video games or do anything that requires two hands for about 3 weeks. #Killmenow
And twitch plays persona 3?

CORY

wut
BRoomer

i'm waiting for someone to get the bright idea to try fire emblem, just to see all the raging from permadeaths

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion

I knew it! The False Prophet locked it's soul within the Helix Fossil so that he could reincarnate and take control of the host!

Paradoxium

Smash Master
GFs were lame, I suck vs MK I guess
Also had a ******** moment where he won his third game and finished the set but I forgot about the first game I lost as M2 so I was like "Umm don't I get another game?" lol
Too bad you weren't there earlier, I enjoyed my matches vs tetraflora and bidooof more
Where did you even hear about this tournament? I only found out about it because someone posted a link to the stream in the Netplay chat

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I'm so behind when it comes to the tournies. Haven't had time to watch actual matches in a while.
Hey dude search for the twitch channel Emukiller(I think that's what it's called) and watch the most recent grand finals to see DrinkingFood get bopped by a Meta Knight player :)

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Thinking of making GnW my secondary, maybe even my 2'nd main. He's very fun to play as (I know the same goes for all other pm characters, but I have most fun with gdubs and gdorf)

Oh and personally, I dont have any interest in twitchplayspokemon; its really dumb but people like it

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
don't watch the mewtwo match, it was a dumb idea where I though I knew my ROB wouldn't beat him so I went M2
he then proceeded to get the lead and time me out
shout outs to the effects of brawl on every other game

@ Paradoxium Paradoxium that's the same way I found out about it, I have the IRC open a lot though so I eventually see stuff that's posted over and over

Last edited:

Blade-Fox

Smash Apprentice
Thinking of making GnW my secondary, maybe even my 2'nd main. He's very fun to play as (I know the same goes for all other pm characters, but I have most fun with gdubs and gdorf)

Oh and personally, I dont have any interest in twitchplayspokemon; its really dumb but people like it
We like it BECAUSE it's dumb. The very idea of thousands of people trying to play Pokemon and make any sort of progress is entertainment.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
don't watch the mewtwo match, it was a dumb idea where I though I knew my ROB wouldn't beat him so I went M2
he then proceeded to get the lead and time me out
shout outs to the effects of brawl on every other game
Hey man, he only timed you out because you started to play very defensive. You wanted him to approach but since he was in the lead he didnt even bother, which resulted in a time out. In every single match he would be the one playing super aggresive

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Nazo's fun to watch and somehow does great with Wiichuck
Downloading more drum and bass music was a great decision I made recently

Youtube monetization seemed so simple but foos finally convinced me to not go with it with all the supposed problems, so for now the PMDepot empire shall just try to keep growing at its medium pace like it ever was: and hopefully something or someone comes along where they guide me how to make something off of it so I can put my full force into making great tutorials (I still don't know if I should start using royalty free music in case I monetize the video later but I need to stay true to my taste in music so screw it). Gonna try making an AGT tutorial once I get all the facts and guidance of how I should make it. @Hylian @Jolteon give me the rundown on everything it pertains to Link and how and ask everyone you know too who might know the stuff behind it .
I got:
How it works? > The control stick and the c-stick and yeah, what are the frame windows? What was the function of it in Brawl vs PM? Grounded glide toss vs Aerial Glide toss?
Why it works? > Well it as well as grounded glide toss worked in Melee but it didn't go much anywhere, idk why it or how it exists mechanic wise
Uses: bunch of Diddy/Snake/Link/TLink/ -Peach(need any hidden peach ATs with it)-
Global uses: bananas inf. stall under courses, two items can create an AGT ladder (but the PM changes reduced each AGt in the air to be less so it can stlal too long anymore? how quick is the stalling occur like 1/3 diminished each time or something?) You can catch AGT to recover from someone throwing it offstage at you or just do it onstage to fight back their spam.
Anything else? @batistabus you made an AGT snake vid, how much do you know about AGTs

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'm just gonna leave this hereeeeeeeeeeeee.

R͖͙̤͎̼̤ͫͦ̌͊͐̚ͅE̺͚͚̱͇̪̞̹̞̪̱̠̍͒̾ͨͣͮ́̈L͚̠̪̝͕̦͚̘̄ͩ͆ͪ̈̎ͨͣ̆ͣ͊ͩͧ̔͆͗̈E̱̦̬͚͔̾̇̋̿ͭͬ͗͆ͦ̉̎̀̆͛̅̀̏ͦ̿A͔̹̥͖̗̗̤̮̯̯̝͑̂̋͐ͭ͂͌͛ͣ͌̒̅͒͗̓ͅͅS͈̠̰̰̩̰̗̹̪͓̣͍͇̗̳̈̂̈̑̔ͯͫ̄͛̌ͬ̓ͣ̂̚E̜̻͈̯̻̻͚͋͐͊͂ͨ̒ͧ̔͋̏̓ͨ͊̍ͥ̉̊͆ ̝̠̘͙ͤ́̏̐̉̓̍̽ͮ͑ͯ́̓͒̌́͊ͥȚ̝̰͚̙͎̥̟̦̮̝̠̏͛ͨ̓͛ͦ̊̍ͭ̇ͅH̘̰̥͙̬̀̈ͤ͑͋ͬ͒̈̆ͭ͌͌ͣͥͦͭ̋E͕̥̰̳̝̤͖̯̜̠͕̤͓͉̬̼̒̌ͬͯ͒̊͐ͮͤ̅̔͋͊̈́M̟̦̟͕̺͕͚͕̝̜̟̃̂ͦ͗ ͔͚̬̰̞͓̠̱̯͓̰̲̟̻͓͚̗̔̔̽̍̓̅̅̾͌̇̔̐ͤ͒̿͑̈ͭA̫͍̙̲̬̘ͦ̊ͯ͛̏ͧͭ͛̒̎ͦ͗͛L͇̤͖̟̣̲̙̝͔͇ͨ̏ͨ͂̈́ͧ̍ͅͅͅL̪̺͇̗̳̗̳̗͈̣̟̬̹̜̜͗͑͗̔͋̐ͪ̀ͥ͗̂ͧͩ̊̎ͧͩ ̝̰͈̖̹͕̳̬̠̞̱̏̉̿̑͗͛̃̈̿̈́̎͑͑̓F̣̬̮̜̼͓͎̯͚̠͚̮̍̔͛̂̈́̂O͔̘͙̺͑̀ͤ̈́ͯ̉̏ͣͦ̎̓̿ͨ́̚̚R̜̘̝̼͓̣͈͕̲͖̻͆͋̀̾̋ ̘̼̪̘͉ͮ͗͂̓ͩ͒ͬͥ̅̐̑̉̔T̺̦͖̑ͨ̉̉̽̂̐̐̏͗̅̒̑ͧͣ́̈́̐H̖̞̭̞͍̠̗͉̙̞̝̩̤̬̹͚̙̏̆̅ͮ̉̎ͅE͇̥͓͉͙̟̯͚̒ͩͭ͗ͫͤ̅ͭ ̱̤͈̞͎̦͓͈̼̯̹̠̖̘̫̩̂̀̅̌ͣ̿̆̓ͥͣǴ̻̝͎͍͙̜͋́̃̍̅̅̏͒ͭͨ͐͋̓̄̏̀̐̓Ḻ̱̳̞̥̭̯͙͈̝̭͊͆̇̓ͅO̬̥͍̖̗ͯ͗̋̅͌́̊ͬ͒̈́̐̓R͎̰̺̟̤̜̭̠͒̎͋̅͐Ỵ̜̣̬̟̜͕̝̻̝͍̣̣̺͍̌ͦͪ̾ͥ̄̒ͧͨ̃ͩ͛ͯ̒ ̼̟̦͍͓̺̼̜͕̿̒ͬ͗̈̇͂͊̍ͨ͂͆ͤ̿Õ̞̳͓̩̘̬̳̹͖̱̤̣͙̩̞̥̙ͤͥ̐ͭ̂F̙͎̬̭̰̳̣͎͔̠͇͔̜͛̓̂͋̌̒̏̇̇ͣ͑͆̚ ͚̟̭̗̟̘ͩͦͩͣL̻̭̼̥͚̗͈̜̞͚͎ͫ̒̓̓͒̑͐͑̌ͪ̑̈́͌O̯̲͓͕͚̙̝̺̭̞̺ͥͬ̓͑͐͑͆̈ͭ̄̊̚ͅR̤͍̺̯̣ͪ̊͒ͧ̍͒͆͊ͭͬ̌̏D̞̣͍͙͍̳̤̼͙͉̣͎͛̅͂̍ͅ ̦̥̹͇͎̬̗̗ͣ̌͆́ͭ̌̀̄͐̏́͐ͫ̎̓̐̇D̝̬͔̟̘͓̰̪̭̱̫̲̺̠̬̺̉ͪͩ͐̐̿͛ͭͅO̩̮̦̦̦̠̦̩̩̿̇́ͨ͛̽̀M͇̗̳̯͌̀ͨ̍͌̅̏͌̇ͨ̽̌E̘̯̰̦̳̝͍̩͍̼͊̊̈̅̉̉ͫ̅ ̝̣̱̫͉̙̦͇̗͈̳͍̳̫̠̩̠̻̏ͫ̈́͛̃ͥ̐͒ͦ̒̽̆̇ͪ͌̚̚A̬̬͍̣̗̭̦̣̠̰̳̣̣̳̪̳͍̯̓ͧͩ̒̿̔ͫͤ̚N̬̭͍͍ͤͤͣ̒̎͋ͬ̃̑̐ͣͬ͊̈͗̿̑̚D͇̺̬̱̼̘͕̹͖̄̄̓̒́̿ͣ͆̊͋̂͒ ̪̟͔͇̖͇̫̳̪̤͇̩̙̠͎̉̂͌̍F̣͇͓̦̤͓͚͕̜͕̪͍͈̹̹̖̗ͦ͒̈́ͦ̓̋U̯̗͓̹͈̥̬̹̗͙̰͓̩̞̗͍͔̭̳͛͐̑ͫ̾L͔̺͓̜̪̬̗̦̻̩͈̺͓͇̫̠͊̈́ͨ̔͋ͅF̼͖̰͍̥̠̯͈͚̼̗̜̩̬̪͌͆̏͆̒̉͆̒͆ͧ͆̾̿̃̏̂ͦ̚ͅĨ͙̥̥̖̳͖̩̻͍̪͈͔̝͔̳̼̩̦͖͗̄̎̏͋̏͛̓ͮ͒ͯͣ͛̒ͭ̓̅̚L̗̖̠̗͙̿̔͑L̞͍̰̳̭̝͍͍̣̆ͪͪ̈́̍ͨ̓̒̋ͥ̇̆͐̅͑͑̉ ͚̻̟͕̘͙͓̜͇̥͇̱̖͈͓ͭ̀͆ͬ́ͬ͒̊̎̊͋̊̑̅̒ͭ͑T̪͉̱̦̳̖͚̞̱̱̋͑ͨ̏͌̎̈́̌̿ͬ̆̚H̘̹͓̞͓͎̥̮̰̺͔̣̜̯͉̞̤̬ͬ̍̆̂͆̍ͥͯ̂̿Ê̘̦̤͈̲̭͉̲͍̝̒̄ͨ̐ͣͩ́ͦ ͈̝̖͙͔̪̪̊̐̓̇̋̿̈́͌ͨ̅P̗͍͙̫͖͉̫͙̦͗̀ͭ̋ͯ̌ͅͅR̜̫̟̠͈̝̙̹͔͑ͫ̿̎͒͛̉̅͊ͣ͒ͫ̉̀ͮ̎̽ͬ̌O̬͓͕̗̥̱͉̮̼̳͈ͪͤ͒͐̍͂P͙͇̱̫̠̎̏̆H̬͙͈͔̱̋ͫ̈̿͂̒͆̏̀͂ͧͦ̆̅E̫̮̠̘͈̥̝̘̝̙ͨ̏̐̿ͩͨͯ̍͌͐ͧC̩̱͚̟̱̠͍̞̮̙̯̦̦̣̘̤ͨͪͫ͊̂ͪ͋̔͋̋ͭ͛͂͌Y̩̲̘̮̘̭̖̠̪̫̺͎̺̲̥͚̓́͊̾ͧ̑͆̆̄̄̿̒̄ͬ͋͊ͅͅ ̞̥̯̦̬̲̪̠ͨͨͭͥ̀͆̓ͫ͊ͪͯ͊́ͭ̎͊ͮ̐ͩO̲̖͔̭̦͉ͤ̿̽͂̀̾̉̎̿ͮ̿̌͊̾ͮF̺̤͇̦̟̠͊ͤ̉̄ͬͯ̿͗ ̻͕̝̝̩̊ͯ̾̈̿̚F̖̣̪̼̞̳̙͈̻̗͖̟̾͆̾̿͋̾̉ͪ̈̿̌̏ͪͩ̇̚Ḻ̮͓͇̯̯͙̪̞͙͚̬͖̦̞̺̘̌ͩ́ͪ͂ͪ̄͒̐͗ͅA͈̤̖̯̬͍̘͔̬̫͇͚̳̻̋̄͗R̜̜̱͈̩͚̙̘̖̦͇͊̍̑̽̈́͛ͣ̽̒̇ͦ̈̆̓̽̓̆Ḛ̩͎̬̙͉̖͉̺͎̹̲̤̰͇̯̗͒͛͆ͣ͐ͣͥ̈́̋ͩͤ̎ͦͪ͛O̜̳͍̭͖̱̅̂͛ͣͧ̚ͅN͓̥̩͓̗͇̼͉͐ͥ͒̃ͪ̐ͥ̽̇̍͆ͤ̌ͣͅ!͎̹̯̖̞̟̰̥͓̦̝͕̝̭̖̙̮̟̦̽̒̋

_

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Hey man, he only timed you out because you started to play very defensive. You wanted him to approach but since he was in the lead he didnt even bother, which resulted in a time out. In every single match he would be the one playing super aggresive
Yeah I skipped class the day they covered "How to approach with M2" lol

Top Bottom