• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Well that's a pretty unreliable way to gauge it tbh
I'm fairly sure a lot of VGBC's viewers get notified through their channel on twitch such as through emails twitch sends out. I get the feeling it was probably less viewed than it could have been, even though I didn't see viewer numbers anywhere.
No, it's not a great system, but it seems like that's what they're trying for. It's also why ROM7 said no to MLG's offer, because they wanna stream on Twitch. MLG isn't asking for anything other than exclusive streaming rights in exchange for free promotion, free equipment (like HD cameras and the like), which is fine for a small event like ShuffleV but not for ROM, which doesn't need help promoting itself. They wanted to simulcast on both, but MLG said no, so ROM7 said no.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yo, this is for Dolphin Netplayers out there who are interested in games:
I got one problem to fix up before I'm ready to go (before fixing up music 'n' **** but that's later) and it has to do with SFX. Does anyone know why none of the sounds seem to be replaced? All of the files are working properly (CSS, Roy and Mewtwo moveset and model files) with the exception of sound effects. If anyone can tell me why (either quote or PM me), that would be super amazing and I'll happily play some games online ASAP. I need to pass out tho because it's late as ****.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Foolish followers of the Helix, do you not understand? The whispers, the calls to anarchy, the spilled blood of our brother pokemon released in the wild. They are his doing. Only through the teachings of Dome-cracy, can progress be made. Repent, ye sinners, and may the Dome Fossil have mercy on your soul!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Foolish followers of the Helix, do you not understand? The whispers, the calls to anarchy, the spilled blood of our brother pokemon released in the wild. They are his doing. Only through the teachings of Dome-cracy, can progress be made. Repent, ye sinners, and may the Dome Fossil have mercy on your soul!
You disgust me. Domecrat.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Bird Jesus is saved and we are on Cinnibar Island praised Helix.

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I got one problem to fix up before I'm ready to go (before fixing up music 'n' **** but that's later) and it has to do with SFX. Does anyone know why none of the sounds seem to be replaced? All of the files are working properly (CSS, Roy and Mewtwo moveset and model files) with the exception of sound effects. If anyone can tell me why (either quote or PM me), that would be super amazing and I'll happily play some games online ASAP. I need to pass out tho because it's late as ****.
I would advise that you do not replace anything because it could cause desyncs

And when I get home from school ill play you

Last edited:

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
My only issue with Shuffle V being MLG exclusive is that there doesn't seem to be a VOD anywhere. Like dude I have a life and a job, I can't be expected to watch every tournament live.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Did you put your RSBE01 file in the same folder as the ISO builder .bat? And are you using the 3.02 builder?

Also, doubling the suggestion not to make any alterations. Even music will desync.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I was actually really happy it was streamed on mlg.tv. For some weird reason, twitch is blocked at my school (it's a boarding school).

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Well, I found the VOD (Go to mlg.tv, then click replay next to VGBootcamp's channel) but I can't seek and it starts at the beginning so I have to watch Brawl. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Did you put your RSBE01 file in the same folder as the ISO builder .bat? And are you using the 3.02 builder?

Also, doubling the suggestion not to make any alterations. Even music will desync.
3.02 builder? I only found a release for 3.01 and was told it would work the same. As a note, I did do the setup to create my own save because I didn't have an issue with overwriting my Brawl save (unless it's some other problem entirely that causes desyncs; I thought that was fixed though).

And dammit, that's unfortunate. Guess I'll just have two different builds for local and netplay then. I love my music too much.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I still have no ****ing clue what all this helix fossil talk is about.
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon
Helix is love, Helix is life.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My only issue with Shuffle V being MLG exclusive is that there doesn't seem to be a VOD anywhere. Like dude I have a life and a job, I can't be expected to watch every tournament live.
They'll be uploaded to VGBC's YouTube channel soon enough. Cool it down brah.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
3.02 builder? I only found a release for 3.01 and was told it would work the same. As a note, I did do the setup to create my own save because I didn't have an issue with overwriting my Brawl save (unless it's some other problem entirely that causes desyncs; I thought that was fixed though).

And dammit, that's unfortunate. Guess I'll just have two different builds for local and netplay then. I love my music too much.
Right, you have the correct builder.

I've never tried the Brawl save overwrite, but I wouldn't recommend it, because PM reading ANY present save file will desync netplay. They might have fixed it for Melee, but not Brawl/PM.

To be sure: go to this thread, and follow it to the letter. If you still have issues, post there for help - I don't have access to Dolphin right now, and won't for at least a week.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Right, you have the correct builder.

I've never tried the Brawl save overwrite, but I wouldn't recommend it, because PM reading ANY present save file will desync netplay. They might have fixed it for Melee, but not Brawl/PM.

To be sure: go to this thread, and follow it to the letter. If you still have issues, post there for help - I don't have access to Dolphin right now, and won't for at least a week.
That's such a weird issue, but I'll go ahead and rebuild it later today then.

That's presumably the same as the reddit guide I was following so I'll go ahead and make sure to redo every step properly again.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
I still have no ****ing clue what all this helix fossil talk is about.
Twitchplayspokemon. People have figured that the Helix fossil is some kind of God and so check their items frequently to show their appreciation.

I'm as confused as you are.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Bird Jesus has pretty much been dethroned by Bird Zeus.

Thundershock, Drill Peck, Take Down, Thunder. Just can't compete with that.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Where's the Lapras then? That pokemon or someone else knew surf otherwise they wouldn't be at the Pokemon Mansion.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Twitchplayspokemon. People have figured that the Helix fossil is some kind of God and so check their items frequently to show their appreciation.

I'm as confused as you are.
Chapter 1: Religion, Politics, and the False Prophet
You've got that backwards. Because imputing "start" is the most effective way to slow down progress, trolls would spam "start" into the chat. This caused actions made by other people to be converted to menu navigation, causing the game to attempt to "Use the Helix Fossil". Because this happened so often people started making up stories about how the Helix Fossil was Red's Magic 8 Ball of sorts that he would consult for guidance when he was lost. People then started to question how the Helix Fossil knew all this stuff, well because we need to turn everything into a religion, let's just say he's god, but this conflicted with an earlier religion that started with a pidgey. Considering there was approximately 76,846 people online when Bird Jesus was caught, the fact that they managed to all band together to catch a single pokemon was considered a miracle, a miracle granted by whom? Why the very bird we caught of course. After a while of fighting, the Helixians and Birdlums banded together to form Anarchy, but if Helix is god, and Democracy is evil, then what does that make the Dome Fossil? That's right, and the worst part was he had a henchman working from the inside. Since we needed Surf to advance, we decided to buy a water stone and evolve eevee into vaporeon, but something went wrong, because of to many imputs, they evolved him into a flareon instead! Followed by the most tragic event of all, the release of Charmelion and Rattata (also known as ABBBBBBK ( and JLVWNNOOOO). As you might be able to tell, Democracy was blasphemy to the TPP Community, so they rebelled with what is now known as the start9 revolution. When Democracy mode is active, the act of start9 would cause the game to imput the start command 9 times if start9 was the most voted choice out of a 20 second voting period. The TPP Community was once again split, this time not for religious reasons, but for political opinion, with some believing Anarchy to be the "right" way to play, while Democracy was represented by the Dome Fossil and his False Prophet.

Chapter 2: The Slayer of Trees and DigRat
Earlier I mentioned the release of Rattata thanks to the evil False Prophet, well white JLVWNNOOOO will always remain in our hearts, he was inevitably replaced by a new rattata, DigRat. DigRat was the culprit of TPP having to restart Rock Tunnel multiple times and had been banished to the PC for his crimes, Rocket HQ would be his redemption. After a painful 24 hours we finally made it to the end and beat Team Rocket's Leader, all that was left was to get the Silph Scope, but thanks to a premature dig, DigRat had forced TPP to start from the very beginning after being mere feet from the item. This would not be the first or last time they would face such frustration, as a tree is all it takes to halt progress for a 1/4 of a day. Thanks to the TPP Community's outstanding teamwork, they managed to teach Cut to DUX the Farfetch'd. Thanks to the help of DUX they were finally able to cut down their first tree! After 6 hours.

Chapter 3: Rebirth
Twitch Plays Pokemon is something of a social experiment. We're not sure what hypothesis it's testing, but the data provided thus far will surely prove invaluable to future generations. Or it'll just really confuse alien archaeologists who dig up the remnants of our civilization and think that we worshiped a helix-shaped fossil and believed democracy to be the embodiment of pure evil.

Last edited:
Top Bottom