• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You could battle on the server w/ Latias like another day after the decision was made

Tamoo

Smash Master
ive def played against some lataiases just now so they havent changed it yet probs

who would be the most natural swap in for a DDsalamence should he be banned? Im hoping it's not dragonite :(

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
a few nooby questions guys i just started looking into competitive pokemon:p
1. after ev training can you simply use rare candies for the rest of the levels
2. is there an easy way to get "perfect pokemon" (perfect ev spread, iv's, etc) on pokemon in your games, with some sort of cheating? like shoddy battle pokemon just being transferred to your game

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
You can PokeSav for perfect IVs. You can also breed for much better IVs, but that's a real pain in the ***.

You should also be able to use rare candies after you get the EVs you want unless for some weird reason you're in gen 1 where you just have to grind for 'stat experience'. :p

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1. Yes.
2. PokéSAV. It's questionable ethically. Some people hate it, some people tolerate it, some people abuse it.
Alternately, you can try this.

boo13

Smash Apprentice
If you use the GTS exploit or use Pokesav, can you still legally play online or in vcg tourneys?
I was just wondering.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
GTS and Pokésav are basically the same thing. GTS exploit lets you download other player's (or your own) custom-made Pokémon. Pokésav does the same thing, although it lets you do it en masse and it also can give you things like 999 Master Balls.

A properly sav'd or GTS'd Pokémon is indistinguishable from a genuine one.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
annoying seems to not know that you can export anything you do in PokeSAV into an AR code.

boo13

Smash Apprentice
What programs or things do you need for Pokesav?
Is there a good guide anyone knows of?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Looking at having to buy a new pokemon game because my old one won't work with the Wii (don't ask) what games are able to connect to the wii/able to trade the soonest? and is the Pokewalker worth it? (temped to get SS)

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
With regard the Pokewalker, it honestly doesn't do much but add a bit of fun to see how much steps you've taken.

Sure you can find items and catch Pokemon on it, but I use it mostly for contests with friends at work.

On the other hand, whoever you link with ends up in the Trainer house, and that house is a second home to me, so it's not complete novelty.

Edit:

Question: To anyone who gave the Nuzlocke challenge a go, what rules did you use? I'm playing through Pearl atm with Nuzlocke rules and want to know if there are other peachy keen ones I should keep in mind.

Edit2:

Question: Do any of the older members here remember Spire's old avi that was a leopard type pattern on a face, or something vaguely like that?

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
Looking at having to buy a new pokemon game because my old one won't work with the Wii (don't ask) what games are able to connect to the wii/able to trade the soonest? and is the Pokewalker worth it? (temped to get SS)
Translation:

My flashcart doesn't work with me Wii.

Do you like to walk around and then look a pedometer (that's PE-DOM-ETER) and feel like you're done something?

Did you ever play Sonic Adventure 2 for the dreamcast and play the VMU and enjoyed it?

If yes to both, then yes.

Also you have an off chance of getting rares items and it's the only way (without hacking) to get pokemon in neither D/P/Pt/HG/SS without a GBA game

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God I hated the Pokewalker

It's annoying when you have to shake your leg constantly in class to get more steps.

I've also found out that I have nothing to do with my SS now. I've already done everything there is to do in the game and gotten bored of trying to complete my pokedex. I think I may have overhyped it a bit too much when it came out >_<

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
What else would you do in class? Complete your Pokedex is one of the reasons to buy HGSS!
Trade those rubber band bracelets with other people

Or you could get in a fight over a sticker for the FIFA World Cup sticker album.

(I'm serious people will beat you up for a sticker, I got ***** when I found a trophy sticker on the floor that these guys were fighting over... I was gonna negotiate some money, but lets say that it's not pretty when 6 people tackle you for a sticker >_<)

Wrath`

Smash Master
I have wondered why many Swampert sets choose ice Beam over Avalanche. I mean Swampert is usually slower, has more Attack stat and will get 120 power over 80/90? of Ice Beam most of the time.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
I have wondered why many Swampert sets choose ice Beam over Avalanche. I mean Swampert is usually slower, has more Attack stat and will get 120 power over 80/90? of Ice Beam most of the time.
The opposing Pokemon has to damage Swampert first in order for the power to be boosted. That being said, it's not reliable enough.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hey, HGSS are great games, you just have to take breaks. I'm just now finishing the Trainer card and breeding my two teams; been doing other things. I've noticed it follows a pattern, some months you play pokemon, some you don't.

Anyways question time: if speed is tied, what determines who goes first? RNG?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hey guys, lets say I got a Gligar with 31/31/26/31/31/31 Ivs but it has Hyper Cutter instead of Sand Veil. Should I still keep it? I really want to play hax eva but god thats so good...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Make it a baton passer. seriously.
Even though its Impish? Everyone wants a Baton Passer to be Jolly or something from what I read. I am going to keep it, it's good without a doubt. But I need a Sand Veil one for SS team.

God I hate this, this is why I shouldn't check Hyper Cutters, it only depresses me.

Edit: I now have Sand Veil 31/31/26/24/23/31, is this too lenient? My rules always have been

- No stat under 24 (except Satt/Att on a pokemon it doesnt matter, some exclusions obviously)
- Exclusions for Hidden Power.

But dual ability pokemon have taught me that you may get 15 impish gligars but only 2 have Sand Veil. S I'm think adding a rule that states:
20+ is acceptable for dual-ability pokemon

Is that too lenient or is that Gligar good? I like him, but meh.

Top Bottom