• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pride of Brawl – May 23rd tournament- METAKNIGHT IS REBANNED

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Wow, learn to ****ing edit your ****ing posts. And stop complaining. Luigi's is an extremely stupid stage to play on. Without really trying, I ran around the level and timed Galeon out twice, not to mention that it's been done countless other times by fast characters.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
wow your going to take luigis of counterpick thatz dumb cause that what the striking method is for so that if you dont play well on a stage you can ban it and last time aI checked a match should be por players sake not spectator the only preason emos even *****in bout it iz cuz i knocked him out of thelast doubles tournwy there do what you want but you may as well bann everythin that every1 says and i think lylat should beBANNEd
SO bann it cuz that seems like what you like to do

IF U DONT LIKE LUIGI WOLF theBANN it
LMAO:laugh: you want to brag about beating me in a PnT tourneyy lol where the rules were ridiculousss. you can even admit that the only reason you advance awas cuz of that stupid shxt they did at the end with doble elimination. you go ahead and feel proud but luigis is a gayy stage you can bet you *** that is luckkky or anyone can just teck or just be gay in. the point is at the end luigis is banned. fuego ima give you a tippp learn to play in good stages that show SKILLS and then be proud. you shouldnt have to go to a gay counter to win a set. next thing you know you going toplay MK well you already did anywayss but stop complaining even NIckk agrees

Wow, learn to ****ing edit your ****ing posts. And stop complaining. Luigi's is an extremely stupid stage to play on. Without really trying, I ran around the level and timed Galeon out twice, not to mention that it's been done countless other times by fast characters.
exactlyy lisen to what hes asaying luigis is a gayyyy counterr and it dosnt show skills nick riddle is a top player and he knows how gay it is and even wants it banned

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
you forgot to mention wolf that we bat you on battlefield the first round its straight cuz im omw over there well see whats really good!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I need a list of everyone who needs a ride and where you come from, as well as a list of willing ride givers, price if any, and where you come from.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
you forgot to mention wolf that we bat you on battlefield the first round its straight cuz im omw over there well see whats really good!
Yea man Reva is too good man! Good practice dawg u coming over man showed what's really good man dat. Doble DDD was sick and good teams fuego. We

-!-

Smash Lord
ok... >.>

good to hear Luigi's is out for good I personally don't care... I learned that I actually do really good using that stage... ummmm insanely good :laugh: but what about Rainbow cruise??? that's a worst stage imo so I'll keep bringing it out and maybe you'll change your mind lol you banned MK and that's a bigger deal then banning a CP stage >.> just saying...

@Fuego: yo don't get too pissed off about Luigi's, there's plenty of others CP stages that are gayer... if Rainbow Cruise stays u should practice on that one and there won't be need for Luigi's, it'll prob work better then it... just saying

Mansion is Zelda's playground! You can't ban it! (Although I has other CPs with out LM.)

I'll live lol
Hey does this means you're in for this??? We gotta get that MM bro :)

EDIT: I just noticed you have Rainbow Cruise three times in the CP List XD too much for me to handle :(

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
ok... >.>

good to hear Luigi's is out for good I personally don't care... I learned that I actually do really good using that stage... ummmm insanely good :laugh: but what about Rainbow cruise??? that's a worst stage imo so I'll keep bringing it out and maybe you'll change your mind lol you banned MK and that's a bigger deal then banning a CP stage >.> just saying...

@Fuego: yo don't get too pissed off about Luigi's, there's plenty of others CP stages that are gayer... if Rainbow Cruise stays u should practice on that one and there won't be need for Luigi's, it'll prob work better then it... just saying

EDIT: I just noticed you have Rainbow Cruise three times in the CP List XD too much for me to handle :(
Haha, I'll fix the Rainbow Cruise error.

However, Metaknight will NOT be unbanned from the tournament. This is not from hate for Metaknight, I am not attempting a new standard. I want to see what characters might pop up or fall down if Metaknight is banned. We could potentially see Pit or Marth in the top. Though Florida has never been as bad as some states, (we are more over run with Dededees :laugh: ) I feel for the sake of testing for SBR this might provide some potential information. Also, I pulled some numbers togather today, and you would be surprised how many characters are viable now, and how complicated the counterpick system has become. Of course, a CP system and balance are nothing if they do not affect actual gameplay. Given the intense war of words, I feel it would be best to get some information on what a major Metaknight banned tournament would result in.

Also, guys, I really want a list of anyone willing to give rides, and anyone who needs a ride. Send me a public message.

Oh, and who is up for some N64 money matches?

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
WOLF im gladd ur more concerned with not getting beat on luigis then paracticing the stages that are actually played it may be banned this time but it isn't going to be banned at any gigs or other tourney
Exactly, nothing's wrong with the stage unless you decide to be gay, if we are gonna start being like other regions then we need to ban luigi's and pirate ship and put back on rainbow cruise and japes and stop crying at every stage like women, make the stage list the standard **** nothing else

-!-

Smash Lord
Exactly, nothing's wrong with the stage unless you decide to be gay, if we are gonna start being like other regions then we need to ban luigi's and pirate ship and put back on rainbow cruise and japes and stop crying at every stage like women, make the stage list the standard **** nothing else
No RC or Jungle Japes I rather have Luigi's and I can deal with Pirate ship >.>

Have I mentioned I really hate RC??? it's gayer then any other stage :urg:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Keep Rainbow Cruise on. Like CO18 said, we're like the only region who has it banned. Which makes no sense at all. >_>

I need a teammate... >.>

AfroQT

Smash Master
JIt makes sense cuz the stage is fvckin horrible for competitive play.
seriousy that stage is fvcking horrendous...

CO18

Smash Hero
The only problem I see is that those 2 stages are legal basically everywhere else and is actually pretty popular so we have an extreme lack of practice there and if we get cped there would most likely do pretty bad. Thats why I think we should do the normal and I still believe Rainbow cruise isnt as bad as Pirate ship or Luigis mansion, anyone can just camp and be gay on luigis mansion and pirate ship promotes people water camping as well as a bunch of random crap like the bombs and that little flingy thing that sends people flying as well as dying under the ship.
Nothing random happens on RC which is why its legal everywhere else, I think it would just be better for Fl having it legal rather than banned. I dont get whats the point of us playing on stages every other region has banned or banning stages every other region has legal lol it will most likely just end up hurting us.

AfroQT

Smash Master
The only problem I see is that those 2 stages are legal basically everywhere else and is actually pretty popular so we have an extreme lack of practice there and if we get cped there would most likely do pretty bad. Thats why I think we should do the normal and I still believe Rainbow cruise isnt as bad as Pirate ship or Luigis mansion, anyone can just camp and be gay on luigis mansion and pirate ship promotes people water camping as well as a bunch of random crap like the bombs and that little flingy thing that sends people flying as well as dying under the ship.
Nothing random happens on RC which is why its legal everywhere else, I think it would just be better for Fl having it legal rather than banned. I dont get whats the point of us playing on stages every other region has banned or banning stages every other region has legal lol it will most likely just end up hurting us.
You dont fight on RC you run.
Or atleast any decent player would spend a ****load more time trying to find a decent place to fight, instead of fighting.

-!-

Smash Lord
Rainbow cruise isnt as bad as Pirate ship or Luigis mansion, anyone can just camp and be gay on luigis mansion and pirate ship promotes people water camping as well as a bunch of random crap like the bombs and that little flingy thing that sends people flying as well as dying under the ship.
I agree, so....

I can deal with Rainbow Cruise but on one condition... if we can get rid of Pirate Ship and Jungle Japes, Luigi's is banned already... well unless it's been unbanned???

what I mean is why not just have one gay stage??? Luigi's, Pirate Ship, Jungle Japes or Rainbow Cruise??? or two at the most... that's all I'm saying

But I would go for RC if Pirate is gone for good and either Jungle Japes (Strongly) or Luigi's... at least :)

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59

Yup, I think I'm gonna be coming to this as well as Florida Gaming on the 30th. It'll be really nice to see MK banned but at the same time I really don't mind him. Sheik can handle MK quite well so long as I don't make AWFUL mistakes. Besides, once I learn how to use the chain, it'll be fine. In all seriousness, I just have to practice my DI more lol.

Yes M!X, we're getting that MM, and if you win any of the matches, guess where we're going!? lmao:chuckle:

EDIT: I needs a partner for this! Anyone!?!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
MiX, I'll understand my reasoning behind the CP in later today. Then we can talk about it somemore, and see if your mind changes, or if mine.

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
This sounds great! You can add Volta to that list or 4LUV if you prefer xD

haha but yeah can't wait, if anyone from Naples needs a ride i've got room for 4 more in my car and i'm happy to provide transportation

AtTheDrive-In92

Smash Apprentice
Yup, I think I'm gonna be coming to this as well as Florida Gaming on the 30th. It'll be really nice to see MK banned but at the same time I really don't mind him. Sheik can handle MK quite well so long as I don't make AWFUL mistakes. Besides, once I learn how to use the chain, it'll be fine. In all seriousness, I just have to practice my DI more lol.

Yes M!X, we're getting that MM, and if you win any of the matches, guess where we're going!? lmao:chuckle:

EDIT: I needs a partner for this! Anyone!?!
DOOOD!!! if you KO me and my partner with sheik's sliding up smash guillotine blast 2 for 1 extraganza smash i'm gonna go bonkerzzzz

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'm busy running up bussiness plans, but the gist is MiX, that Rainbow and Jungle Japes have set, expected outcomes. It isn't unpredictable, and a good player good easily abuse it.

Rainbow Cruise ends campers.
Jungle Japes, while does endorsing camping to an extent, can end up in pretty exciting matches in some cases.
The US scene is completely player based, and I feel some audience consideration should be taken into account.

and some other stuff, by my head hurts from all of this research and decision making, setting up a business is a *****.

nevershootme

Smash Master
I'm busy running up bussiness plans, but the gist is MiX, that Rainbow and Jungle Japes have set, expected outcomes. It isn't unpredictable, and a good player good easily abuse it.

Rainbow Cruise ends campers.
Jungle Japes, while does endorsing camping to an extent, can end up in pretty exciting matches in some cases.
The US scene is completely player based, and I feel some audience consideration should be taken into account.

and some other stuff, by my head hurts from all of this research and decision making, setting up a business is a *****.
welcome to the life of a host. it sucks :>_>

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Oh no, runnign a tournament I find exciting, and I'm willing to talk with anyone about CPs or rule sets or anything like that.

What hurts my head is trying to open up a gaming lounge, knowing the best place has a 4 thousand dollar a month lease, but would provide the most profit for the least amount of advertising, being next to a pizza place and a high school, as well as arguing legally with another tenant in the area who claims to have a legal right to all RETAIL gaming technological centers, when I explain I am not going in the retail business, he doesn't understand. Its given me a whole migraine, the lease as well as getting the 10,000 dollar loan from my counties small business development agency. Did I mention business license?

nevershootme

Smash Master
Oh no, runnign a tournament I find exciting, and I'm willing to talk with anyone about CPs or rule sets or anything like that.

What hurts my head is trying to open up a gaming lounge, knowing the best place has a 4 thousand dollar a month lease, but would provide the most profit for the least amount of advertising, being next to a pizza place and a high school, as well as arguing legally with another tenant in the area who claims to have a legal right to all RETAIL gaming technological centers, when I explain I am not going in the retail business, he doesn't understand. Its given me a whole migraine, the lease as well as getting the 10,000 dollar loan from my counties small business development agency. Did I mention business license?
can't be worse if they slap you in the face by telling you it's illegal to run the tournament cuz it's "gambling"

Top Bottom