• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pride of Brawl – May 23rd tournament- METAKNIGHT IS REBANNED

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I thought that was intentional. I mean, for that amount of butchering of the English language, "misspelled" is an understatement. XD

..."Seibrik Approved"? Is that really necessary? >_>

Master Raven

Smash Master
Halberd as a neutral... I don't know about that. The low ceiling could give the edge to characters that kill vertically quite well, such as Snake and DDD, for example.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Halberd as a neutral... I don't know about that. The low ceiling could give the edge to characters that kill vertically quite well, such as Snake and DDD, for example.
If I get large enough complaints I'll get rid of it.

if anyone from tampas going and is willing to give me a ride i can go
otherwise probably not
I will work on getting you a ride. Any player heading through your area that come up I will address immediately about getting you a ride.

I thought that was intentional. I mean, for that amount of butchering of the English language, "misspelled" is an understatement. XD

..."Seibrik Approved"? Is that really necessary? >_>
My sheer lack of technical typing skill knows no bounds.
And No, that's just a joke, the Approved thing.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Alrigh Alright.
Halberd off neutral, though have just straight neutrals to me messes up the point of the striking system.
And yes, we are using stirking system as well as the stage ban.

-!-

Smash Lord

TAKE HALBERD OFF NEUTRAL!

Is that large enough?
LMAO :laugh:

Alrigh Alright.
Halberd off neutral, though have just straight neutrals to me messes up the point of the striking system.
And yes, we are using stirking system as well as the stage ban.
Striking System is cool and all but when you win the coin flip or RPS in the end you do get to decide which stage to go to which gives you a fairly good advantage... depending on the characters that is

I rather just go Random first round :) I love that button

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
No way.

DDD is a lower seed than snake, so hes gona have an advantage in striking over snake?funnnnn

anyway, halberd is a CP, thats all there is too it.

As far as mk not being good on there, I garuntee you if u play me there, with just about anyone, i can time you out easy. He MAY die early, like everyone, but he's nearly impossible to hit and catch up in lead if he gets ahead since he can go under the stage with uair preassure, and doesnt have any need to go on the level.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Oh, I meant lower seed player. Lower seed charecter would cause a lot more problems than what Seibrik said.
Like Mew2King using Dededee and fighting a scrub Snake to strike first.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
random choice ftw. ill probably go to this if nothing else is going on :3 ty for mentioning this mix i wouldnt have found out i NEED TO GO!!! teammate anyone?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Considereing a New CP system after talking with Pure Awesome today.

Winner picks a character
Loser picks a character
Winner strikes a stage from the next match
Loser picks a stage

Reason behind this:

The big problem I see with the CP system as it is now is that certain character/stage combinations are crazy strong. The most famous being MK on Luigi's. Since we aren't going to ban these characters completely and the stages alone aren't bad enough to be banned completely either, the most obvious route is to give players the chance to ban characters and stages for specific sets, or specific matches, in order to avoid playing these overpowered character/stage combinations.

Example:

I use Toon Link to beat my opponent's DDD in the first match on Final Destination.

Second match, I go to Snake. My opponent picks MK. I ban Rainbow Cruise or Luigi's Mansion from the match. He picks Delfino. It's still a solid MK stage and will give him the advantage, but it's in no way near as bad as RC or Luigi's would be. (I'm personally very bad on RC)

He takes the second match and decides to stay MK. I CP to Falco. He bans Final Destination or Jungle Japes. I go to PictoChat. Again, the stage favours Falco most of the time, but it's nowhere near as much a hurdle as fighting him on Japes would have been.

Note that in the third match, Rainbow Cruise Luigi's Mansion are now viable counterpicks again and are no longer banned (unless of course my opponent bans them.)

-!-

Smash Lord
Considereing a New CP system after talking with Pure Awesome today.

Winner picks a character
Loser picks a character
Winner strikes a stage from the next match
Loser picks a stage
so this means that there can be up to 4 banns in a set of 2/3...

C.J.

Smash Master
CRASHiC, not that it really matters, but, there are two "30s" on the list, lol

And M!X, there may be 3 people coming with me but idk for sure yet. Bunch of undecisive people.

-!-

Smash Lord
CRASHiC, not that it really matters, but, there are two "30s" on the list, lol

And M!X, there may be 3 people coming with me but idk for sure yet. Bunch of undecisive people.
lol alright then, when ever they decide drop a line to have an accurate number of people planning to come to this ^.^ we gotta hit 80 ^.<

C.J.

Smash Master
CRASHiC, coming from Bradenton. It is just north of Sarasota and about 40 minutes south of Tampa.

Top Bottom