• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

HeroOfTime64

Smash Cadet
Plus, I hope to dear god that lame characters do NOT get into Brawl. What are my terms for "lame"? well, any character from any non-adventure game should not get in. (This means a NO to Tom Nook and Pheonix Wright, no matter how popular their franchises are.)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Plus, I hope to dear god that lame characters do NOT get into Brawl. What are my terms for "lame"? well, any character from any non-adventure game should not get in. (This means a NO to Tom Nook and Pheonix Wright, no matter how popular their franchises are.)
Ha...Phoenix Wright would be a joke...his taunt would be the best though! I can see it now "OBJECTION!"(while pointing his hand out) lol. I don't care for Nook to much.

Yeah, Personally I say if they're going to add a recent, new franchise make it Pikmin, but if the Nookster gets in he'd better let the O' Man in (That's right, they gangstas)
I think almost everyone(that is, if your cool)wants Olimar in Brawl. I do really hope it happens. Who can say 'Pikmin 3 for Wii..!'
*off subject* You guys should know that Wii Wheel(not final name)to use for Mario Kart Wii. Well I can bet you its final name will be the Wiil. Huh, huh, awesome right!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL! Oh well... Another one bites the dust...
My thoughts exactly! Knew he wouldn't make it.....:)

The MGS trailer is awesome. Oddly enough, I hear that the stuff at the begining about "war is the oil of the twenty first century" is actually an elaborate metaphor for the PS3. I tried listening to the words again, but I still can't tell if that's true or not...
I think it could be. Could being the key word! ;)

Oh, and by the way: G&W should be cut too. Happy
Well with Nook basically confirmed as a NPC, G&W would be a great addition, plus he's as easy as a clone to make.

Black Shadow sucks. SUCKS! Worst villian of all time. I really, really hate him. Pico is a much better choice, but with Goroh deemed unworthy it appears that Falcon will be the solo rep for his series once again.
THANK YOU! Falcon's alone again, this p***** me off. Ahh well, maybe Sakurai won't drop the 8 ball next time, and have him b a PC. Black Shadow is even worse than Shadow's been since after SA2. Now that is lame, bad, and a horrible villian.

I strongly suspect that those 10,000 people are the only people on the planet who know who Geno is. Geno is undoubtebly awesome, and those hardcore Nintendo fan who know him tend to like him alot - but if you compare the SMRPG fanbase to the Final Fantasy fanbase today, it really is no contest. I still say Geno's only assest is his originality, which might just be enough to get him a spot on the roster. It worked for Ice Climbers, afterall.
The game has a cult following. What does Bonk have=??? Poor fanbase, poor representation, and I got to be honest. When you put Bonk on that list, I had to look him up. He's at least more reconizable than Bonk, but definitely not the FF series. However, since you make your own FF Tatics characters basically, FF 1-6 don't have as big of cult followings as SMRPG, they fall short. He'd definitely be a fine addition for Brawl. Also, I like the AC emblem or sign, or watever it's called. *Hopes Miis are the AC and Nintendo (Wii) reps*

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I know I'm a little late (and off the current topic), but Ferro; I gotta say.

Reading that moveset for Midna a second time has really changed the way I'd look at a Midna/Wolf Link team. It'd be interesting, and make a lot of sense.

If you can get me an image of Midna and Wolf Link, in my spare time, I can try to do some color changes for you. :shrug: Granted, they'd be how I would make the color changes, but Just tossing it out there so people could get an idea.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Black Shadow is even worse than Shadow's been since after SA2. Now that is lame, bad, and a horrible villian.*
Yay a Sonic fan that isn't in love with Shadow. *High Five*
I looked at him as a bad attempt to create a new character. It's like he was another Metal Sonic, but without the metal. He was cool in SA2, but he's been a lame Bad Guy/Good Guy/Potatoe ever since.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I think you should add Mr. Resetti to the list. Animal Crossing has a symbol so that means they'll have a playable character. Tom Nook is shown in the Animal Crossing stage but the angry mole isn't. That could mean one thing.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I looked at him as a bad attempt to create a new character. It's like he was another Metal Sonic, but without the metal. He was cool in SA2, but he's been a lame Bad Guy/Good Guy/Potatoe ever since.
Misunderstood teens = Potatoes?
???

Anyway, I agree with your Shadow sentiments. I liked the gameplay in his game, but the story was just freaking weird. I found myself thinking "Why did it need aliens? Why can't Shadow pick a backstory and stick with it?"

I'd rather Sonic Team stops with the Adventure-style games, and sticks with what Sonic was good at and designed for; breakneck speeds and constant platforming action. It's so much more fun when you can just blast through the stage so fast that you can't see the platforms you're jumping off of, and not have to care what you pass on the way, all the while collecting coins and destroying enemies that you didn't even see before you roll into them. Sonic Rush fit the bill perfectly; the gameplay was like Sonic games of old, the story was... cheesy, but took backseat to the action, which is good. I can only hope the upcoming sequel continues the trend (the vehicles scare me, but the gameplay seems otherwise the same)

But, anyway, just my 2 cents. Back to Brawl!

Wiseguy, did you notice that one of your stage predictions, the Animal Crossing Cafe, is incorporated into Smashville? The bartender is serving up coffee in one screenshot, just like you predicted! (albeit outside) Good job, man!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Ha ha the wiil! I've never heard a funier pun in my life! Oh God! Did you just make that up? Cause that is so fresh. That was sooo funny.

In case you didn't notice I might be sarcastic....

But I need to put in my own pun: What does Nintendo think it's doing? Reinventing the Wiil?

Oh God, I suck at puns.
Yeah I caught some sarcasm. I made that up yesterday while watching E3. Last E3 is today by the way everyone(even though you all knew).

You got another. I am not to fond of Shadow myself.

Meh, let's not rule out the Animal Crossing boy/girl/potato that could get in, or perhaps Nook could still get in. I mean, there's never been a stage without a character to represent it.
Is currently true but you never know(not likely but), Brawl can break that chain.

PS-Multiquoting looks Bad@$$!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm tired of the same old lines: Captain Falcon and Fox didn't fight anyone in their games. Bull. Falcon was a bounty hunter; I'm sure he's killed plenty of people. And Fox is in a starfleet where he is paid to kill. Even Zelda and Peach are believeable.

And don't go into the crap about "such-n-such is in the background, too." Captain Falcon's ship and car were in the bg, not him. Fox and Falco's ships were in the bf, not them. Ness's house, Peach's Castle, etc. etc. were in the scenery, but not the characters themselves.

And as far as G&W, you really can't count those G&W was more like a completion of various different G&W games. Besides, if you actually played the G&W game that Flatzone is based off of, you still have THE G&W at the bottom dodging the tools from the "other guys" who you are referring to.

Bottom line: Tom Nook in the background means there is a 99.9% chance he won't be playable.

Also, I think having him be turned off if you played as him is both unlikely and unrealistic.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Bottom line: Tom Nook in the background means there is a 99.9% chance he won't be playable.

Also, I think having him be turned off if you played as him is both unlikely and unrealistic.
Not true! Even though you make some good points, your basing your logic off of the previous games. With this game the developers can do things they never even thought of doing lat time. They can do anything they feel like. Getting rid of the fake Nook while playing as him is child's play to people who can make a giant turtle/dragon/potato thing (I'm looking at you Bowser) into something cool and believable I think they can do the same for a Raccoon.

Yes. And Potatoes = Misunderstood teens. I think I'll have some Mashed Misunderstood Teen for dinner.

Anyway, I agree with your Shadow sentiments. I liked the gameplay in his game, but the story was just freaking weird. I found myself thinking "Why did it need aliens? Why can't Shadow pick a backstory and stick with it?"

I'd rather Sonic Team stops with the Adventure-style games, and sticks with what Sonic was good at and designed for; breakneck speeds and constant platforming action. It's so much more fun when you can just blast through the stage so fast that you can't see the platforms you're jumping off of, and not have to care what you pass on the way, all the while collecting coins and destroying enemies that you didn't even see before you roll into them. Sonic Rush fit the bill perfectly; the gameplay was like Sonic games of old, the story was... cheesy, but took backseat to the action, which is good. I can only hope the upcoming sequel continues the trend (the vehicles scare me, but the gameplay seems otherwise the same)
I totally agree. Black Sonic the Hedgehog + Guns + Aliens = Confusion

PS-Multiquoting looks Bad@$$!
Yes, It does.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Okay why did jimmy whater rims MQ spell my name wrong? Cero...it is Creo!
Shadow the Hedgehog was a horrible game. Guns truly don't go together.
Tom Nook can get in it. Just because he is in a stage don't mean anything but something is going to my mind for an Assist Trophie.
For Mr.Resseti, would we see his legs? Or would he possibly have none? He couldn't be in unless they made stubby legs.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Not true! Even though you make some good points, your basing your logic off of the previous games. With this game the developers can do things they never even thought of doing lat time. They can do anything they feel like. Getting rid of the fake Nook while playing as him is child's play to people who can make a giant turtle/dragon/potato thing (I'm looking at you Bowser) into something cool and believable I think they can do the same for a Raccoon.
I'm not saying it isn't possible, I just said it's not likely. I don't think they'd bother. It seems like a pretty trivial thing. But then again, I'm biased in thinking that he didn't have a shot to get in in the first place...

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
You're doing it wrong.

More like this

Alas poor Nook. Sadly, I think the fact that he is a part of this stage strongly suggests that he won't be a playable character. Where does that leave us in terms of AC reps? AC Human? Ressetti?

However, I'm really happy with this stage. Most of the stages thus far have been wacky, hazzard filled stages - so it's great to see another simile, Final Destination-esque stage. And I think it does a great job of representing the aestetic and atmosphere of an animal Crossing game.

just to add fuel to the fire look at zamus move in the air

now who else has a dair like that hmmm i think sheik

zamus is getting more evidence as an incarnation of sheik

now i am both terrified (is she broken) and happy (sheik's gone)

oh and is it just me or is bowser getting bigger every picture:laugh:
Nive observation. Couls this be the final nail in Sheik's coffin?

Hey everybody, what I find disturbing is the fact that nintendo of america knows nothing about brawl and are learning about it on the same timline as us.It seem the one holding all the cards is in fact sakurai and ou only chance learning more is to kidnap sakurai and demand info.

p.s I'm going to chicago today at 6 am so ill be unreachable for a week
What's REALLY concerning is that no online multiplayer was announced for the game...

Personally, I don't believe Sheik being cut will solve much. Zelda might be played by an extra handful of people, but nothing short of actual improvements to the character can bring Zelda out of mediocrity. But who knows, the down B she gains might be very very good.

And perhaps the loss of Sheik will allow the addition of other better characters, but as the saying goes, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Giving up what we have now in the hopes for something better later is a serious gamble. And even if it worked, how would we know? What if the time that would've been spent on Sheik goes into someone like Tingle? Would you be able to sleep with yourself? Huh, would you?

On another note, if Zamus truly is a replacement of Sheik, which IS quite possible, then we've gained nothing. No extra time for new characters, just time spent disguising an older one. Possibly a poetic end, considering Sheiks nature as a disguise.

It seems the biggest gain for cutting Sheik will be peace of mind. All those people who are uncomfortable seeing the new Zelda model become Sheik will be able to rest easy. And all the people who hate Sheik will also be able to relax... well, assuming that Zamus isn't the new Sheik. Otherwise it's pretty much the same hate with a new face.

Well, that's the end of my Sheik defense. The thread seems to be moving on, but I wanted to get my last licks in, so to speak.

Oh, one last thing. Wiseguy, I was going to bring up the Dedede as a Kirby clone thing, but it seems somebody beat me to it. Still, you did say that you still though it possible. Now, I happen to know quite a bit about animation, and if you're interested, I can tell you exactly why it's impossible for Dedede to be a clone. Purely in the scholarly pursuit of knowledge, and because it's something I actually know.
Still here? Cool. The answer is rigging. Think of it as the skeleton of the model. Without one, you can't animate a figure. Kirby's rig is missing certain parts that Dedede's rig would have to have, namley: elbows, wrists, a waist, and a neck. If Dedede was a Kirby clone, he'd wind up looking like Bowser when he's given Jiggy's moveset in those moveswap videos: just plain stupid.

Canonically, Sheik never existed in the timeline that TP is in. Unless Link told Zelda about it or she somehow remembered it from the possible future it never happened in TP's history.

About online, I wouldn't be too disheartened if it's out...it'd be kinda cool, though. This silence and lack of comfirmation of its absence makes me think they want it to be some sort of suprise.

About SMG and MP3, both look awesome, can't wait, etc. etc. I liked this year's E3. I wasn't expecting a whole lot, TBH...Even though a good majority of the games I wanted to see weren't there. It was still pretty cool, though. MP3 title screen song is teh secks as is all of the SMG music...<_<

Now, before I start, I would like to say that I am not calling you wrong. Currently, the evidence DOES indicate that Nook will not be playable. (Just as the evidence indicates that Midna [w/ or w/o Wolf Link], Krystal, Wolf, Diddy, AND Sonic will be playable.)

HOWEVER...

Did it ever occur to you that it is possible for Tom Nook to be a background character when he's not fighting?

After all:
Kirby appears on one of his levels (not sure which one) in the background.
Captain Falcon's racer appears on both of his courses and who else would be driving Falcon's car, but Falcon himself. (It could be auto-pilot.)
Mr. G&W frequently appeared on Flat Zone. (Not even questionable.)

All three of these character are playable AND appear in the background...

AND, if worst case scenario were to happen and Nook isn't playable, there IS still Mr. Resetti who represents Animal Crossing just as equally as Nook and KK(?).
I see your point, but in the case of G&W, his character was not one of many characters in the background - he was the main focus of the stage. And falco technically didn't appear in his stage, though his racer did.

I think we can pretty much rule out Nook as a playable character, sadly.

WARNING: Pokemon rant ahead.

Okay, I like your list. It's good, fairly realistic.

Except for the pokemon section.

Only four is the first flaw IMO. Pokemon is the second most selling franchise of Nintendo(only Mario sells more games), one of the most competitive(Just check out Smogon.com to see how competitive) and generally considered good games.

I, myself, think 5 Pokemon reps would be acceptable(I have 6 myself, though my last one could easily be cut).

Now then, for this arguement I'm going to assume only 4 pomeon characters. In this case, I really think Mewtwo should get in before Deoxys(though Deoxys should be in if you have 5). Why?
Well, here's a list.

1. The "original" most powerful. In Red/Blue/Yellow(Hereby known as R/B/Y), he was close to unstoppable and actually banned(Becoming the first banned pokemon next to Mew).

2. If you go by Anime, most likely has the richest history. While Deoxys story is interesting, it just doesn't have the meat of Mewtwo's. Mewtwo got 2 movies of his own, plus an episode on the show.

3. In addition to my previous point, an antagonist. Pokemon does not have an antagonist so far that at the time was doing something evil(Deoxys just wanted his friend, Mewtwo believed that he should rule the world simply because of his own experiences and would go through anyone to achieve his goals).

4. I believe the third most popular pokemon(Pikachu and Meowth being 1 and 2, respectivelly).

5. Veteran, though this doesn't account for much of anything...

6. With so many powers at his disposal, he could easily have a much better and unique moveset then SSBM.

7. In both R/B/Y and their remakes, Mewtwo was found as kind-of a "final boss"-like character.

So, IMO, if you only choose 4 Pokemon reps then Mewtwo should go over Deoxys.
To me, it's the games that matter - the anime should not be brought into the occasion. That being the case, M2's claim to fame is his role in the old Pokemon games. That was enough to ear him a spot in Melee - but what games has he strred in since Melee that make him worthy of a second spot on the roster?

I don't really care, but if it comes down to it I would much rather have a more unique and recent character from an old one. Your milage may vary.

haHA...in your FACE, Wiseguy! Trying to tell me Tom Nook was gonna be in...

Nuh nuh nuh nuh, nuh nuh nuh nuh, hey hey hey, goodbye...
You've got me. Nook most likely isn't playable. But I'd still worry about those racon goons if I were you...

Mr. Ressetti. he would be a joke character at most, but i am pretty sure that this means tom nook is not playable. in no other stages was the person you played as so clearly in the background. i think he is disconfirmed, but might still make an AT. (or ressetti)
I sure hope Resseti appears as either a Playable or an AT - but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. I love Animal Crossing, but if the only part of the series that makes it into Brawl is an unspeakably awesome stage that uses the Wii's interanl clock - I'm satisfied.

Well with Nook basically confirmed as a NPC, G&W would be a great addition, plus he's as easy as a clone to make.
So becuase the far more worthy Nook is out, G&W has a better shot? Sorry, in Nook is MIA then G&W doesn't stand a prayer.

G&W's appearance is simple, but his moveset would take no less time to sych and balance.

The game has a cult following. What does Bonk have=??? Poor fanbase, poor representation, and I got to be honest. When you put Bonk on that list, I had to look him up. He's at least more reconizable than Bonk, but definitely not the FF series. However, since you make your own FF Tatics characters basically, FF 1-6 don't have as big of cult followings as SMRPG, they fall short. He'd definitely be a fine addition for Brawl. Also, I like the AC emblem or sign, or watever it's called. *Hopes Miis are the AC and Nintendo (Wii) reps*
Yeah, I had to look up Geno as well.

Let me be clear: I think some cult favorite will make it, so Geno does stand a chance. But he is competing with characters like Bonk, ROB and Balloon Fighter - not reps from far more popular series like Final Fantasy.

FF1-6 no longer popular?

Have you heard of FFIII? One of the best seling DS games ever. Guess who appears in the game: Black mage. He also stars in recent games like Chocobo Tales and Mario Basketball.

???

But, anyway, just my 2 cents. Back to Brawl!

Wiseguy, did you notice that one of your stage predictions, the Animal Crossing Cafe, is incorporated into Smashville? The bartender is serving up coffee in one screenshot, just like you predicted! (albeit outside) Good job, man!
Thanks. I also called K.K. Slider!

I actually like Sakurai idea even more, however, becuase it has Final Destination's simplicity and it uses the interanl clock.

Ha...Phoenix Wright would be a joke...his taunt would be the best though! I can see it now "OBJECTION!"(while pointing his hand out) lol. I don't care for Nook to much.

I think almost everyone(that is, if your cool)wants Olimar in Brawl. I do really hope it happens. Who can say 'Pikmin 3 for Wii..!'
*off subject* You guys should know that Wii Wheel(not final name)to use for Mario Kart Wii. Well I can bet you its final name will be the Wiil. Huh, huh, awesome right!
Pikmin rocks and Oliamr rocks even more. All who questions this will face my wrath!

The Wiil. eh? I'd copyrigh the name fast before Nintendo steals it.

Ha ha the wiil! I've never heard a funier pun in my life! Oh God! Did you just make that up? Cause that is so fresh. That was sooo funny.

In case you didn't notice I might be sarcastic....

But I need to put in my own pun: What does Nintendo think it's doing? Reinventing the Wiil?

Oh God, I suck at puns.
That's Wii-ly, Wii-ly bad....

I'm having a gut feeling that this is going to be a cameo stage, meaning a stage that doesn't necessarily have a character to represent it. I wouldn't be suprised if there are more, and I have no problem with it.
Yeah, that's my inclination as well...

I'm tired of the same old lines: Captain Falcon and Fox didn't fight anyone in their games. Bull. Falcon was a bounty hunter; I'm sure he's killed plenty of people. And Fox is in a starfleet where he is paid to kill. Even Zelda and Peach are believeable.

And don't go into the crap about "such-n-such is in the background, too." Captain Falcon's ship and car were in the bg, not him. Fox and Falco's ships were in the bf, not them. Ness's house, Peach's Castle, etc. etc. were in the scenery, but not the characters themselves.

And as far as G&W, you really can't count those G&W was more like a completion of various different G&W games. Besides, if you actually played the G&W game that Flatzone is based off of, you still have THE G&W at the bottom dodging the tools from the "other guys" who you are referring to.

Nook is out of the question, yes. But that only helps Mii's chance!

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
Hey Wiseguy thanks for the 9.9 on my list :chuckle:

Also with Tom Nook unconfirmed who's going to take his place on your list?
*coughMicaiahcough* >_>

I also heard somewhere that in AC Mii's were going to take over the spot as humans but would the Mii's really use the AC symbol??

One last thing, I agree with an earlier post that said Bomberman deserves a spot over Bonk.
But the choice is up to you oviously. :p

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Actually, concerning Miis...
Although a playable Mii would be awesome, considering that Smash Bros is a mascot fighter, it might be unlikely that a non-mascot character would get in. But, what if...

The Miis became the 'fighting team' of Brawl?

Smash Bros had the fighting polygon team. Melee had the fighting wireframe team. Why not give Brawl the fighting Mii team?
I imagine pounding my own Mii into dust with Bowser or Ridley or Ganondorf might be a little jarring at first, but I think I could get over it.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
It has come to my attention that, despite looking over this thread several times, I have yet to post in it, so post I shall!

I just want to say you have a rather believable list. What you say about the Skull Kid is true...

He may not be as evil as Ganondorf, but after he seemingly killed my horse and turned me into a useless Deku Scrub I never felt more motivated to hunt down and kill a videogame character.
And that is one of the many reasons why I love Majora's Mask. I was actually surprised when there wasn't even a Skull Kid trophy (but there was Majora's Mask)... personally I want Skull Kid as playable over any other "new" Zelda character, but I fear the Tingle's popularity in Japan. I just think it'd be a great injustice to have Tingle, the optional map seller who debuted in MM, in and not Skull Kid, the "villain" of MM . Actually, that kinda happened in Melee...

Anyways, with the new Animal Crossing stage, the thing that intrigues me the most is not Tom Nook's presence in the background but the fact it uses the Wii's internal clock and has a "special event" on Saturdays at 8PM.

This makes me wonder, if they can set a single stage to follow the real time of day and have a concert at a specific time and day, what else can they do with stages now? Will there be other "events" in Smashville or other stages? Imagine the possibilities!

Perhaps Lylat Cruise will explore a different section of the solar system on different days. It could be snowing on Battlefield during the winder! If a new Termina stage appears (unlikely), then every 3rd day you'd see the moon fall!

It's little things like this that will make this game awesome!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I could probably handle Bowser, Ganondorf and Ridley pounding me in, I kind of expect them to be ale to do that. It's Wario that could be degrading, if you get Wario wafted to death.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman

I heart you. I could not have said it better myself. Though I'd put the figure at more like 95%.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Fan>Wario.

Wario: *Farts at player*
Player: *Holds up a fan and blows his fart back at him*

I think I'd really feel degraded if I got beaten by, like, a Pikachu. I know Pikachu isn't really a pushover of any degree, but still, getting beaten by a yellow rat would be kind of degrading.

Like that other person said, I'd feel a little better about getting beaten into the ground by a Bowser or a Ganon, simply because everyone would expect them to beat me into the ground.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I wouldn't count Nook out yet WiseGuy. After all, there is still the (very valid and reasonable) argument that Nook could appear in the background when not being played.

And besides, it's not like Nintendo's never had a paradox in the game before...[/sarcasm]

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Nook might be an event. The stage already has time-based events, like the day/night cycle and the concert at 8:00 on Sundays.
Perhaps if you fight on the animal crossing stage at midnight on saturday Nook will jump out of the audience and attack the players. Beating him unlocks him as a playable character.

Or perhaps animal crossing is worked into the menu of Brawl itself. Perhaps you have to buy trophies or alternate costumes from Nook in his store.

Anything's possible, really. It just seems unlikely that an entire series would only get in as a stage, and nothing more. Although a Tetris stage would rock...

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't count Nook out yet WiseGuy. After all, there is still the (very valid and reasonable) argument that Nook could appear in the background when not being played.

And besides, it's not like Nintendo's never had a paradox in the game before...[/sarcasm]
I still have logical reason to believe Nook is in the background of a Brawl Stage and probably, in fact more than likely NOT TO BE PLAYABLE. And is it really loss not to play Nook? Seriously. I think he might have a chance at being an Assist Trophy though. Throwing random items around kinda like Chansy except not being encased in eggshells.

We will just wait and see.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think we can pretty much rule out Nook as a playable character, sadly.
I don't mean to rub salt in the wound, but I said "YES!" when I saw him as a character in the background of the stage. Also, he's a lot more not wanted then wanted in Brawl anyways, I'd say like a 3 to 1 margin, so IMO that is good. It is not as nearly a big deal as Samurai Goroh being a NPC (AT), because a lot more people wanted him than not.

To me, it's the games that matter - the anime should not be brought into the occasion. That being the case, M2's claim to fame is his role in the old Pokemon games. That was enough to ear him a spot in Melee - but what games has he strred in since Melee that make him worthy of a second spot on the roster?
He starred in Fire Red and Leaf Green, and he caused the explosion of the old Cinnibar Island lab, and is feared by the Elite Four. He's still the ultimate Pokemon, so why shouldn't he make it=???

I sure hope Resseti appears as either a Playable or an AT - but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. I love Animal Crossing, but if the only part of the series that makes it into Brawl is an unspeakably awesome stage that uses the Wii's interanl clock - I'm satisfied.
See, the Miis could represent the series, the MIIS! And there has yet to be a series with a stage without a rep, so I see no reason why the Miis won't be the reps of AC (, Nintendo, and the Wii). Resetti as a AT=o ya! Resetti as a PC=O NO!

So becuase the far more worthy Nook is out, G&W has a better shot? Sorry, in Nook is MIA then G&W doesn't stand a prayer.
More worthy=??? He sells stuff and steals your money, game and watch are challeging games that involve FIGHTING AND ACTION! G&W is more important in the history of video gaming: FACT! G&W is more wanted than Nook: Most likey true. G&W is much more important to Nintendo's history than Nook: Fact. G&W is much more unique: This isn't argueable, but it isn't fact.

Point is, Nook was set to fail with no chance for a moveset based on his games, while G&W's entire moveset are from his games. IMO G&W will more than likely return!

Anyways Wiseguy, who are you going to replace Nook with=???

G&W's appearance is simple, but his moveset would take no less time to sych and balance.
Sorta, but the whole game engine thing comes up again. He would take as long as a clone to sych and balance, and his moves are super basic to do. 2D flat characters are basic video gaming character programming if I am not mistaken.

Yeah, I had to look up Geno as well.

Let me be clear: I think some cult favorite will make it, so Geno does stand a chance. But he is competing with characters like Bonk, ROB and Balloon Fighter - not reps from far more popular series like Final Fantasy.

FF1-6 no longer popular?

Have you heard of FFIII? One of the best seling DS games ever. Guess who appears in the game: Black mage. He also stars in recent games like Chocobo Tales and Mario Basketball.
If you were to show a picture of Geno and Bonk to classic gamers, more would reconize Geno. Bonk I've never even heard of, but I'm sure SMRPG is far more popular, is more important to Nintendo, sold more units, and is a much more popular franchise/game. What series is he from by the way (njk, idk his series)=??? :chuckle:

Balloon Fight and R.O.B. are 1st/2nd party characters, so there is no comparision to Geno.

Black Mage, along with many other characters appeared in that game. I've never played FF III DS, but I've played the original FF III, and he was just one of the crew, not really standing out. Sure he's more reconizable, but does he have half as big of a fanbase that wants him in Brawl compared to Geno=???

Also, i never said FF VI were no longer popular, I said they don't have as big as a fanbase that want X character for Brawl as Geno, not even 1/5th as much probably. While Mario Hoops counts as something, that Chocoba Tales is just another spin-off like FF game. As for Belmont, he isn't reconizable, doesn't have anywhere near as big of a fanbase as Geno, isn't as popular, and isn't as original=ZSS has a whip already. Geno would be friggen crazy all over the place, pwning n00bs left and right! :)

Thanks. I also called K.K. Slider!

I actually like Sakurai idea even more, however, becuase it has Final Destination's simplicity and it uses the interanl clock.
Ya, we're gonna rock out to a dog speaking gibberish! Sounds like a party to me! *starts dash dancing* :laugh: The internal clock idea rocks, and it's seasonal=awsome! I'm gonna go ahead and say it will have special stuff happen on special days, like the Firework Festival and stuff like that.

Plus the stage is basic=awsome, and it will be a neutral stage in tournies=awsome! Nothing like fighting in front of a bunch of cel-shaded animals, lol! XD Hopefully WW Link can fight there! *prays to his rock WW Link is in Brawl*

Nook is out of the question, yes. But that only helps Mii's chance!
My thoughts exactly! :)

Elysium

Smash Lord
Has the idea of a Space Pirate being in Brawl for another Metroid character come up (since I still can't fathom Ridley making it in)? I suppose you could use a "Megaman-ish" moveset for him. In the aspect of Megaman uses different type of attacks from his blaster, Space Pirate could shoot out the different beams from MP1-2. That would cut out a third party member, but I'm sure that more people are pulling for MM rather then a Space Pirate.
Just throwing things out there.

And as opposed to another Link clone as I was. Johnknight1's sig kinda makes me want WW link in. WW Link for Brawl!

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513

I don't really care, but if it comes down to it I would much rather have a more unique and recent character from an old one. Your milage may vary.
IMO, if Anime appearances don't count then Deoxys chance is only lowered. Deoxys claim to fame is two things: Multi-Form and Move Appearance(Multi-Form = Unique moveset, too). It would be very easy to come up with a unique Mewtwo moveset due to his large movepool. In LG/FR, Mewtwo was a "Final Boss"-like character, so he DOES have a recebt appearance. In addition, Mewtwo is the single longest lasting GOOD uber in Pokemon(Mew isn't too good in the ADV metagame). Mewtwo is also the only pokemon to almost fully retain his anime/movie storyline in the games(Hence, the thick storyline still stands in a no-anime-counted arena). Deoxys keeps his Space Virus claim, but almost the whole plot given to him other then that is not explored in the games.

Though like I said, I honestly think five pokemon reps will be in and Deoxys is certainly in with five.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't count Nook out yet WiseGuy. After all, there is still the (very valid and reasonable) argument that Nook could appear in the background when not being played..[/sarcasm]

That actually reminds me of an idea I had for a Bowser's Castle stage. Basically you would see the great King Koopa siting on his throne when he's not being played, and he'd set traps and toss axes at hero characters like Mario and Link but not villains such as Ganon and Ridley. When he is in play, Bowser Jr. or one of the Koopa kids fills his spot. It'd be a stage for villains, essentially. I think it's a cool idea...

So yeah, I don't think your theory is too far fetched.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Wow. Most SF fans reserve that kind of hatred for Slippy...

I don't feel too strongly about Krystal either way, but she's probably the most likely after Fox.
I actually don't mind Slippy. He's an alright character, he just has a weird voice. If that was fixed, he'd be immensely more tolerable, but he's alright anyway. A number of people would recognize him simply for his one little text box that appears in the Fox/Falco invisible fight challenge. I'm probably the only Star Fox fan who thinks this way, but oh well.

Krystal is one of my least favorite charcters in the series (coming in after Pigma, Andrew, and stupid Andross. But not necessarily in that order.). I thought I disliked her a lot, but then I looked at characters like Juhani (from KotOR) and Roxas (from Kingdom Hearts II) and realized she isn't so bad as video game characters go. I just wish she could be a more positive person.

Juhani=Worst video game character of all time. Ever. Btw, I fixed your typo in the quote.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Hey Wiseguy thanks for the 9.9 on my list :chuckle:

Also with Tom Nook unconfirmed who's going to take his place on your list?
*coughMicaiahcough* >_>

I also heard somewhere that in AC Mii's were going to take over the spot as humans but would the Mii's really use the AC symbol??

One last thing, I agree with an earlier post that said Bomberman deserves a spot over Bonk.
But the choice is up to you oviously. :p
No prob.

I'm currently rethinking my list, but it's safe to say that you can expect greater changes than just a Nook replacement. Stay tuned...

Actually, concerning Miis...
Although a playable Mii would be awesome, considering that Smash Bros is a mascot fighter, it might be unlikely that a non-mascot character would get in. But, what if...

The Miis became the 'fighting team' of Brawl?

Smash Bros had the fighting polygon team. Melee had the fighting wireframe team. Why not give Brawl the fighting Mii team?
I imagine pounding my own Mii into dust with Bowser or Ridley or Ganondorf might be a little jarring at first, but I think I could get over it.
Miis not a mascot? I stongly disagree. Miis are the new face of Nintendom and the Wii in particular. This year, Mii are appearing in more games than Mario. Miis are very much mascots and Nintendo would have to be nuts NOT to unclude them.

It has come to my attention that, despite looking over this thread several times, I have yet to post in it, so post I shall!

I just want to say you have a rather believable list. What you say about the Skull Kid is true...

And that is one of the many reasons why I love Majora's Mask. I was actually surprised when there wasn't even a Skull Kid trophy (but there was Majora's Mask)... personally I want Skull Kid as playable over any other "new" Zelda character, but I fear the Tingle's popularity in Japan. I just think it'd be a great injustice to have Tingle, the optional map seller who debuted in MM, in and not Skull Kid, the "villain" of MM . Actually, that kinda happened in Melee...

Anyways, with the new Animal Crossing stage, the thing that intrigues me the most is not Tom Nook's presence in the background but the fact it uses the Wii's internal clock and has a "special event" on Saturdays at 8PM.

This makes me wonder, if they can set a single stage to follow the real time of day and have a concert at a specific time and day, what else can they do with stages now? Will there be other "events" in Smashville or other stages? Imagine the possibilities!

Perhaps Lylat Cruise will explore a different section of the solar system on different days. It could be snowing on Battlefield during the winder! If a new Termina stage appears (unlikely), then every 3rd day you'd see the moon fall!

It's little things like this that will make this game awesome!
Skull Kid rocks, so it's pretty sad that his chances are minimal... However, I guarantee that the character will appear as either a stage hazzard or an Assist Trophy.

The internal clock is a fantastic feature so I agree that having other stages with time based events would be great.

Nook's appearance in the background doesn't 100% rule him out, but it does make him far more unlikely. It's very rare to see a playable character in the background of a stage, and Nook was a bit of a longshot to begin with (though I still consider him to be a worthy addition to the roster...)

I still have logical reason to believe Nook is in the background of a Brawl Stage and probably, in fact more than likely NOT TO BE PLAYABLE. And is it really loss not to play Nook? Seriously. I think he might have a chance at being an Assist Trophy though. Throwing random items around kinda like Chansy except not being encased in eggshells.

We will just wait and see.
Yes, it is a loss. Nook would have had a clearance sale on your face!

He starred in Fire Red and Leaf Green, and he caused the explosion of the old Cinnibar Island lab, and is feared by the Elite Four. He's still the ultimate Pokemon, so why shouldn't he make it=???
Becuase he lacks importance and the recent games and there will likely only be 4 Pokemon in the game. But with my luck lately, he'll be confirmed on Monday.

See, the Miis could represent the series, the MIIS! And there has yet to be a series with a stage without a rep, so I see no reason why the Miis won't be the reps of AC (, Nintendo, and the Wii). Resetti as a AT=o ya! Resetti as a PC=O NO!
Miis would be a perfect rep for Animal Crossing. After all, think of all the Animal Crossing games they have appeared in...

More worthy=??? He sells stuff and steals your money, game and watch are challeging games that involve FIGHTING AND ACTION! G&W is more important in the history of video gaming: FACT! G&W is more wanted than Nook: Most likey true. G&W is much more important to Nintendo's history than Nook: Fact. G&W is much more unique: This isn't argueable, but it isn't fact.

Point is, Nook was set to fail with no chance for a moveset based on his games, while G&W's entire moveset are from his games. IMO G&W will more than likely return!

Anyways Wiseguy, who are you going to replace Nook with=???
Name one G&W game with fighting. Or one that anyone cares about.

I haven't decided on a Nook replacement yet, but I have a few ideas...

Sorta, but the whole game engine thing comes up again. He would take as long as a clone to sych and balance, and his moves are super basic to do. 2D flat characters are basic video gaming character programming if I am not mistaken.
In Smash, all the characters act in 2-d, even though most have 3-d character designs. The appearance of a character is easy (which is why Pokemon and Assist Trophies ar so easy to inlcude) but programing a unique moveset takes the same ammount of time, whether you assign it to a stick man or a super high detailed character.

If you were to show a picture of Geno and Bonk to classic gamers, more would reconize Geno. Bonk I've never even heard of, but I'm sure SMRPG is far more popular, is more important to Nintendo, sold more units, and is a much more popular franchise/game. What series is he from by the way (njk, idk his series)=??? :chuckle:

Balloon Fight and R.O.B. are 1st/2nd party characters, so there is no comparision to Geno.

Black Mage, along with many other characters appeared in that game. I've never played FF III DS, but I've played the original FF III, and he was just one of the crew, not really standing out. Sure he's more reconizable, but does he have half as big of a fanbase that wants him in Brawl compared to Geno=???

Also, i never said FF VI were no longer popular, I said they don't have as big as a fanbase that want X character for Brawl as Geno, not even 1/5th as much probably. While Mario Hoops counts as something, that Chocoba Tales is just another spin-off like FF game. As for Belmont, he isn't reconizable, doesn't have anywhere near as big of a fanbase as Geno, isn't as popular, and isn't as original=ZSS has a whip already. Geno would be friggen crazy all over the place, pwning n00bs left and right! :)
1) I don't accept that Geno is more important or recagnizable than Bonk. The former starred in one of many popular SNES RPGS, the later was a rep for an entire Console: the Turbographix16.

2) Geno is 3rd party, but he would not be as hard to get approval for as Sonic or Sors because Square doesn't care about him. Sakurai just has to decide if he wants him in the game, not how much effort it will take to get the rights to the character.

Ya, we're gonna rock out to a dog speaking gibberish! Sounds like a party to me! *starts dash dancing* :laugh: The internal clock idea rocks, and it's seasonal=awsome! I'm gonna go ahead and say it will have special stuff happen on special days, like the Firework Festival and stuff like that.

Plus the stage is basic=awsome, and it will be a neutral stage in tournies=awsome! Nothing like fighting in front of a bunch of cel-shaded animals, lol! XD Hopefully WW Link can fight there! *prays to his rock WW Link is in Brawl*
100% agreed on all counts. Smashville is my new favorite stage.

Has the idea of a Space Pirate being in Brawl for another Metroid character come up (since I still can't fathom Ridley making it in)? I suppose you could use a "Megaman-ish" moveset for him. In the aspect of Megaman uses different type of attacks from his blaster, Space Pirate could shoot out the different beams from MP1-2. That would cut out a third party member, but I'm sure that more people are pulling for MM rather then a Space Pirate.
Just throwing things out there.

And as opposed to another Link clone as I was. Johnknight1's sig kinda makes me want WW link in. WW Link for Brawl!
I like Space Prates, but I don't see them as terribly likely as a playable character. An Assist Trophy would be perfect, though.

IMO, if Anime appearances don't count then Deoxys chance is only lowered. Deoxys claim to fame is two things: Multi-Form and Move Appearance(Multi-Form = Unique moveset, too). It would be very easy to come up with a unique Mewtwo moveset due to his large movepool. In LG/FR, Mewtwo was a "Final Boss"-like character, so he DOES have a recebt appearance. In addition, Mewtwo is the single longest lasting GOOD uber in Pokemon(Mew isn't too good in the ADV metagame). Mewtwo is also the only pokemon to almost fully retain his anime/movie storyline in the games(Hence, the thick storyline still stands in a no-anime-counted arena). Deoxys keeps his Space Virus claim, but almost the whole plot given to him other then that is not explored in the games.

Though like I said, I honestly think five pokemon reps will be in and Deoxys is certainly in with five.
Mewtwo or Deoxys? Deoxys or Mewtwo?

How can I possibly decide when I dislik all Pokemon equally?

My inclination is still that Deoxys is more deserving because he appeared in more recent games and seems pretty popular to boot.

Who else here thinks that Mewtwo is more deserving? If the consensus is M2, I might relent and put him on my roster.

Nook might be out, but that doesn't put out the idea that there will be no AC rep, actually, it practically confirms it. So for those who hate AC are pretty much screwed, because an AC stage puts an AC rep into the front line of possible characters.

P.S: Sorry I butchered your name Creo, I suck at spelling.
I'm of two minds on this. AN AC stage seems to imply an AC character as well (there has never been a stage from a franchise with no character...) but it's difficult to imagine anyone but Nook filling that role. Maybe Monday's update will clear things up.

I actually don't mind Slippy. He's an alright character, he just has a weird voice. If that was fixed, he'd be immensely more tolerable, but he's alright anyway. A number of people would recognize him simply for his one little text box that appears in the Fox/Falco invisible fight challenge. I'm probably the only Star Fox fan who thinks this way, but oh well.

Krystal is one of my least favorite charcters in the series (coming in after Pigma, Andrew, and stupid Andross. But not necessarily in that order.). I thought I disliked her a lot, but then I looked at characters like Juhani (from KotOR) and Roxas (from Kingdom Hearts II) and realized she isn't so bad as video game characters go. I just wish she could be a more positive person.

Juhani=Worst video game character of all time. Ever. Btw, I fixed your typo in the quote.
Woah, woah, woah. You hate ANDROSS? Come on dude, he's like the greatest final boss in history!

"It is useless to resist. You know I control the Galaxy!"

I really, really hope we see an Andross Assist Trophy.

Thanks for fixing the typo. My posts are filled with them lately, whick irks me to no end.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Nook might be an event. The stage already has time-based events, like the day/night cycle and the concert at 8:00 on Sundays.
Perhaps if you fight on the animal crossing stage at midnight on saturday Nook will jump out of the audience and attack the players. Beating him unlocks him as a playable character.
Or maybe you could play at a time just before the store would close (10 or 11, right?) and Nook pops onto the arena slightly after closing time. Just tossing out fun ideas. Same thing with K.K. post-concert on Saturdays at 8. I see one of them as an unlockable character (if Nook isn't default).

I'm currently rethinking my list, but it's safe to say that you can expect greater changes than just a Nook replacement. Stay tuned...

I like Space Pirates, but I don't see them as terribly likely as a playable character. An Assist Trophy would be perfect, though.
I don't think you should change your list, frankly. I still think Nook has a fighting chance (pun very much intended). Just because a gaggle of naysayers builds a bandwagon doesn't mean you should jump on. I think you were right in the first place. :)

But ewww, Space Pirates? Gross. I've wasted so many Missiles on them that it isn't even funny. I couldn't care less about Space Pirates.

Top Bottom