• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Premium Membership

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
hey what about my name color changing to lime green?
You have to activate it in your userprofile.
Go into your Control Panel, click at "Group Memberships", scroll down to "You may choose to be identified as a member of the following groups" and you can select the green there.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
You have to activate it in your userprofile.
Go into your Control Panel, click at "Group Memberships", scroll down to "You may choose to be identified as a member of the following groups" and you can select the green there.
okay thanks =)

Premium is the best!

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I logged off for like, 3 minutes to make my avatar and it bugged.

VB likes to **** up the very second we look away.

Are any of the pranks or permissions malfunctioning, guys?

I know I already broke the colors once or twice messing with them.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Azua's presence makes the boards cover in fear and do what she wants.

But if the cat's away...

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I don't know if it's already been asked or clarified, but if it has I haven't seen it so I'll ask. Do we just get one custom title when we first buy the premium or can we change it later?

:034:

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Are you purposefully ignoring the three or so posts that explain how people mimicking already color-defined usergroups is a bad thing or what?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think Azua wouldn't say it is impossible if it were possible.

Also, limegreen is epic, stop demanding another color.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I am so very tempted.

I would like to know:
1) Can we prank mods?
2) If we pranks someone who has a custom title of their own (mod, or another premium member) does it still change it to pranked?

If these two things don't work its not quite as exciting.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Custom titles do not get changed, and staff are not eligible for color changes.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
what the hell? because it's just SO HARD to ****ing not let people use colors like that

like, i'm just saying it'd be a nice feature. as it stands, i'm not buying one of these cuz the green is ugly and i dont give a **** enough to waste money for the other things. if i could pick my own color, it'd be badass as hell.

its seriously not hard to understand

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
*sigh*

Find me a color that isn't being used and is not at all similar to a color a usergroup already has.

I think the choices are: Silver, Yellow, and White. White is going to be taken soon, however.

Let's list them off.

Mods
WYP stuff
Registered [Revolution skin]
Premium
Broomers
Registered [Light Skin]
Registered [Classic Blue or **** You]
Directors
SBR Members
Workshop Members
taken

stuff that ****s my rainbow up:
Smash Researchers
Pokemon Researchers
Registered [Mod Skin]
Registered [Smash Blue Skin]
Administrators

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Noone forces you to buy the Premium membership, if you don't see the benefits from it - you're mainly supporting tournaments with it.
It's like you go into a shop and ***** about how they have only green cups if you want blue ones, lol.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
It's like you go into a shop and ***** about how they have only green cups if you want blue ones, lol.
It's like...a perfectly valid complaint. If you want something and they don't have it, you suggest they add it so that they can make more money and better serve their customers. It's called business sense.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Noone forces you to buy the Premium membership, if you don't see the benefits from it - you're mainly supporting tournaments with it.
Its really not the same at all. This takes all of 5secs and 0 production costs, unless you are factoring in the time spent by unpaid mods as having some sort of cash value.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Orange? Brown?
First are writers, second are Pokemon Researchers.

It's like...a perfectly valid complaint. If you want something and they don't have it, you suggest they add it so that they can make more money and better serve their customers. It's called business sense.
What's "business" about this? You're helping your own community with this, there's no business behind it. You can make suggestions, but if they say "No, thanks", then it means no. Continueing being a douche about it won't make it better.

Its really not the same at all. This takes all of 5secs and 0 production costs, unless you are factoring in the time spent by unpaid mods as having some sort of cash value.
I'm pretty sure that a color choosing system and locking away the actual Usergroup colors (and their similar shades) takes pretty long.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
The color for premium is freakin' hilarious. But yeah, lime green. I don't even know.

x.x

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Look, Spade, I'm not gonna argue with you because I know you'll just fight to the death that you're right about this. If they don't wanna do it, whatever. They're losing MY money, but my money isn't a big deal to MLG. It's whatever.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
First are writers, second are Pokemon Researchers.

locking away the actual Usergroup colors (and their similar shades) takes pretty long.
Forgot about the random small groups =\

It depends on how proficient you are at coding...For an actual engineer/computer science major it shouldn't take more than a couple hours.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Let's list them off.

Mods
WYP stuff
Registered [Revolution skin]
Premium
Broomers
Registered [Light Skin]
Registered [Classic Blue or **** You]
Directors
SBR Members
Workshop Members
taken

stuff that ****s my rainbow up:
Smash Researchers
Pokemon Researchers
Registered [Mod Skin]
Registered [Smash Blue Skin]
Administrators
Wiki group aka Hiemie
Debaters

Did I miss any, guys?

Now, finding a range of colors that are not similar to any of those is going to be kind of hard, especially since similar colors can appear the same on some people's monitors. Stop being obtuse.
The whole point of colors is to make usergroups easily identifiable.

It probably -could- be done with coding, however it is 1) not necessary and 2) directly related to MLG tech.

We're still waiting on updates from last year, but I'm sure they'll put all that on the back-burner for you.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
That was difficult to code into a pretty rainbow

cut me some slack or I'll cut your face :mad:

Trust me, I'm all about colors and shiny stuff. If there was a way for us to do that without it turning into a mess, I would have whined and cried and tantrumed until it happened.

Top Bottom