• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Premium Membership

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Okay I'm really curious, I have a prepaid $ card and i don't think I can get a premium membership with it, the only payment option available asks for info I don't have since it's not a full fledged credit card...

maybe i'll just open a new account for a name change????? :(

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Okay I'm really curious, I have a prepaid $ card and i don't think I can get a premium membership with it, the only payment option available asks for info I don't have since it's not a full fledged credit card...

maybe i'll just open a new account for a name change????? :(
i got a american express prepaid card for christmas...
i had to call and register the card in my name so i could use it for online purchases

Orboknown

Smash Hero
i know at least 5 people with alt accounts soo....
i know EE posted this a few weeks ago soo..

There's going to be a problem (for now at least) in creating the alt accounts. Apparently that's a power that's been stripped entirely from the general user base, so you're going to need designated people to make them, or something.
:phone:

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I've made TWO name change requests. First one was on a nick that was already in use, does that mean that the second name change request is neglected? The name change was the only reason I bought premium.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
He may have just not gotten around to it. It takes him a few days, so unless you've been waiting like, a week or so, he prob just hasn't gotten to you yet.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've been waiting on one for a hot minute myself. I checked the member list so I know the name I want isn't taken. I just figure Virg is busy/preoccupied.

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
This is pretty cool, I'm thinking of getting it, but mostly just to change my name on here.
Also, since I recently got back into games like Quake too, would it be possible for me to change my name to v0xelsh0tty (for those who can't see, v0xelsh0tty, but with all black text except for green zeros) in the future? Kinda like fatal1ty? Multiple colors is what I'm trying to get at I guess.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Nah, that's not really something that happens around SWF.
You do get a lime green name though.

John2k4

The End of an Era
You can change your name to just about anything that's appropriate & available.

I actually don't think there are any names on here that are multi-colored. The colors are used to denote positions/groups (ie: Grey for admins, Red for mods, Purple for BRoomers, etc.)

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
They did somewhat of the same thing in Quake 3 and 4 lol. But it showing what you were was more of a skill and knowledge thing and that part was probably unintentional.
You have to put a ^ and number (ex: ^1 for red, idk) in front of the letter you want and it shows that and every letter after as that color, unless you put in another ^# combination. It was a way to filter out the newbies and the good people, although a few newbies figured it out, but when they did they tended to go overboard with it.
Unless of course someone was really good and didn't want a pretty name.

Also rainbow names would be cool, but everyone and their grandma would have them if multicolored names were implemented without restriction. >.>

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I don't think rainbow colored usernames will be necessary.

We already have hot pink for you guys. That's fruity enough, lol.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You can prank yourself though provided you have premium.

D

Deleted member

Yknow, I just got premium a few hours ago, and uhh, I dont know how to work with it. basically, I just want to Prank someone, and to change my name to a lime green but I dont know where to change that in the control panel. I dont see it anywhere... but I could find the panel to change the "Smash Journeyman" etc

Edit: Im so horrible i didnt notice the PM for pranking... ok thats done, but what about the lime green name, did I mess something up?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Is there any way to just disable the green mushroom postbit under our postcount?
Some people really don't like it, but want to keep their other stuff.

Also, can you cancel premium before it expires?
Do custom titles stick with you as long as you don't change it after premium expires?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Yes to the custom titles thing. As long as you don't change groups after it expires, the title should stick.

I think the only way to hide the Mushroom at the moment is just to disable all postbits.

AFAIK Premium can't just be cancelled; try shooting Virg a PM about that one.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Thanks for the help, I'm going to ask him to cancel premium.. I hate this green mushroom.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I will ask about getting an option to disable just the green mushroom.

Necrotic

Death By Necrosis
I will ask about getting an option to disable just the green mushroom.
Would it be possible to open a vote for a new Icon? Perhaps a green smashball? dunno just throwing ideas out there. Were offered new themes why not new icons?

John2k4

The End of an Era
I do know that the icon itself will look different on a couple different forum skins..

Vibrant, Smash Blue, most other skins:

Generations:

I haven't seen many people who want it changed, but hey doesn't hurt to ask. =)

John2k4

The End of an Era
There are Premium Giveaway events, yes. One of them just finished a couple weeks ago, so it will be a while before another one is started.

Top Bottom