• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predictions for Tier List v4 (Includes overview of entire cast)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
My turn *jumps on tier list band wagon*

MK, Snake
Falco, Diddy <---Interchangeable. Cant make up my mind.
Wario, IceClimbers, Marth, DDD
Pika, Olimar, GaW, Lucario, ROB, Kirby, ZSS
DK, Peach, TL, Pit
Sheik, Luigi, Fox, Wolf, Sawnic
Ness, Bowser, Mario, Lucas
Ike, Yoshi, Zelda, Samus, Jiggs, Link,
Falcon, Ganon

Dont take it too seriously I kinda just threw it together x.x

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
XD I have a vision >.>

Mk,Snake,Falco,Diddy,
Wario,ICs,Marth,DDD,Pika,
,ROli,GnW,Lucario,ROB,Kirby,ZSS,
TL,Luigi,Peach,Fox,Wolf,Pit
Sonic,Yoshi,Bowser,Mario,
Lucas,Ike,Samus,Zelda,Link,Jiggz
Falcon,
The ground,The Air,Boss Battles,Supspace, Classic,ALL-STAR,LAG,WIFI,Smashboards......am I forgetting something..... oh wait....
Ganon,Chuck Norris (sucks)

Lol Joke Tier is joke.

COMMENTS!

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
My turn *jumps on tier list band wagon*

MK, Snake
Falco, Diddy <---Interchangeable. Cant make up my mind.
Wario, IceClimbers, Marth, DDD
Pika, Olimar, GaW, Lucario, Kirby, ZSS
DK, Peach, TL, Pit
Sheik, Luigi, Fox, Wolf, Sawnic
Ness, Bowser, Mario, Lucas
Ike, Yoshi, Zelda, Samus, Jiggs, Link,
Falcon, Ganon

Dont take it too seriously I kinda just threw it together x.x
No ROB? :(
:ohwell:

XD I have a vision >.>

Mk,Snake,Falco,Diddy,
Oli,GnW,Lucario,Kirby,ZSS,
Falcon,
The ground,The Air,Boss Battles,Supspace, Classic,ALL-STAR,LAG,WIFI,Smashboards......am I forgetting something..... oh wait....
Ganon.

Lol Joke Tier is joke.

COMMENTS!
You forgot Chuck Norris. :laugh::laugh:

lol, is it me, or is this the old list with marth in S tier?
LOL, maybe. But that's just how I feel. :)

arcane9211

Smash Apprentice
XD I have a vision >.>

Mk,Snake,Falco,Diddy,
,ROli,GnW,Lucario,ROB,Kirby,ZSS,
Falcon,
Ganon,Chuck Norris (sucks)

Lol Joke Tier is joke.

COMMENTS!
Ness, Sheik, PT?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Oh, oh, is it "Post your own tier list" time? :D

Ignore the other things besides names, they are just notes for me as I keep track of my tier lists. And []s = not officially ranked. Just roughly where I'd place them.

Tier List 3: 01/06/10

SS Tier:
1)Meta Knight
2)Snake

S Tier:
3)Diddy Kong
4)Wario
5)Falco

A Tier:
6)Marth
7)King Dedede{+1}
8)Ice Climbers{-1}
9)Pikachu
10)Mr. Game & Watch
11)Olimar
12)Zero Suit Samus
13)Kirby (Down)

B Tier:
[Squirtle]{+1}
[Sheik/Zelda Potential]{-7}
14)R.O.B.{+1}
15)Lucario{-1}
16)Toon Link
17)Donkey Kong
18)Pit
19)Peach

C Tier:
20)Fox{+1}
21)Luigi{-1}
22)Wolf
23)Sonic
24)Sheik

D Tier:
[Charizard]
25)Ike
26)Bowser
27)Ness
28)Pokemon Trainer{+1}

E Tier:
29)Zelda{-1}
30)Mario
31)Lucas{+1}
32)Yoshi{-1}
33)Samus
[Ivysaur]{-1}

F Tier:
34)Jigglypuff
35)Link
36)Captain Falcon

G Tier:
37)Ganondorf

BSP

Smash Legend
Nidtendofreak, I don't think Snake is that much of a step above everyone else to be in MK's tier (he's got counters for one).

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Nidtendofreak, I don't think Snake is that much of a step above everyone else to be in MK's tier (he's got counters for one).
Snake doesn't have counters. Like seriously, Olimar 50-50 to maybe 45-55 Oli's favor. MK beats Snake 55-45. DDD is probly 55-45 DDD as well. Those aren't counters.

imcooked

Smash Rookie
I have two total posts and I've already started a trend! Lol.

Oh, oh, is it "Post your own tier list" time? :D

Ignore the other things besides names, they are just notes for me as I keep track of my tier lists. And []s = not officially ranked. Just roughly where I'd place them.

Tier List 3: 01/06/10

SS Tier:
1)Meta Knight
2)Snake

S Tier:
3)Diddy Kong
4)Wario
5)Falco

A Tier:
6)Marth
7)King Dedede{+1}
8)Ice Climbers{-1}
9)Pikachu
10)Mr. Game & Watch
11)Olimar
12)Zero Suit Samus
13)Kirby (Down)

B Tier:
[Squirtle]{+1}
[Sheik/Zelda Potential]{-7}
14)R.O.B.{+1}
15)Lucario{-1}
16)Toon Link
17)Donkey Kong
18)Pit
19)Peach

C Tier:
20)Fox{+1}
21)Luigi{-1}
22)Wolf
23)Sonic
24)Sheik

D Tier:
[Charizard]
25)Ike
26)Bowser
27)Ness
28)Pokemon Trainer{+1}

E Tier:
29)Zelda{-1}
30)Mario
31)Lucas{+1}
32)Yoshi{-1}
33)Samus
[Ivysaur]{-1}

F Tier:
34)Jigglypuff
35)Link
36)Captain Falcon

G Tier:
37)Ganondorf
I like this list a lot. It looks good, no one is far off from where they should be, and, most importantly, Ice Climbers aren't placed ridiculously high. :lick:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yes Charizard has his grab range and Rocksmash...but what else really stands out? Not that he particularly matters, as he'll never be actually ranked. He's a part of PT. He might be very bottom of C tier, Ivy might be top of F tier, Squirtle might be bottom of A tier or below the Zelda/Shiek potential. []s are more of a rough estimate: hence no numbers by them to show their rank.

Snake is that extra step above the rest of the cast along with MK. Tilts are too broken, nades are too good, stage control is too amazing not to be that high up, even with his less then amazing airgame. Diddy isn't quite that good to be in the SS tier, just like how Marth isn't quite good enough for S tier. But Snake is that good to be in SS tier. Obviously, he's not competing with MK for spot number one, anyone who thinks that is obviously a fool, but he stands out enough to be in the same tier. Or his own tier like in that one tier list. But then it looks messy.

BSP

Smash Legend
Snake doesn't have counters. Like seriously, Olimar 50-50 to maybe 45-55 Oli's favor. MK beats Snake 55-45. DDD is probly 55-45 DDD as well. Those aren't counters.
Oh, I thought those matchups were worse than that, never mind then.

etecoon

Smash Hero
DDD is more like 6:4 DDD at this point, I think it has the potential to be even or in snake's favor if a snake masters dthrow and memorizes all of DDD's get up animations, because theoretically they can all lead to regrab on reaction, making it worse than the chain grab. but no one has actually done this with any consistency, just a silly theory

gallax

Smash Hero
anyone who hasnt played co 18 doesnt really know how good ddd is against snake. i know that MU real wel and let me tell you, it sucks. ddd is a snake counter for sure.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I've been wondering this same thing lately. I thought that the dates that the tier lists come out were supposed to be posted already.
They never, never gave a date for the next tier list, except for ones which were painfully obvious jokes.

It comes out when it freaking comes out, and not a moment before.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So the constant asking can stop....Ankoku could like make a thread saying "The Tier List Will Come When They Are Ready"? Not a bad suggestion just so people can stop asking. Also sticky and lock it. Unsticky when the next tier list comes out.

Uh-oh I'm using my brain.

*Runs*

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The version 4 tier list should just be a copy of the version 3 list, with the added note from the BBR stating that the metagame has not altered enough to warrant any changes in character placement. And then the BBR can wait a few more months before they make any changes to the list, unless people continue to ask.

That would dissuade people from asking =P

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
*Stops running and turns back around*
Now that is about as stupid as asking when is the new tier list coming out >.> things change and that's way it is.
*Continues running back to the Fox Boards*

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It was meant as a joke about the constant asking, but it sure didn't come out that way the first run through. My mistake.

But in actuality, I can see G&W moving down a few spots, because his moveset is becoming more tolerable to maneuver through, and is thus easier to fight himself, but he's still freakishly powerful that any mistake made will cost the opponent dearly, so he shouldn't be anything lower than A-tier.

Kirby can go down 1-2 spots, due to not having a particularly reliable means of approach, and just being a little overrated imo, but he's still a solid character.

Ice Climbers should not be anything higher than 8th place, due to stage-counterpicking troubles, and that as soon as Nana is taken out, Popo's viability plummets until he's KOed..

Diddy Kong should move up to third, Wario and Falco can be contested on fourth. Wario has the early kills, air maneuverability, better recovery, and greater stage tolerance than Falco, but Falco has the lasers, chaingrab, and meteor spike that can destroy a stock if played right.

I feel that Wolf is just underrepresented at the moment, and can move up a few spots once people use him. Luigi is the same way, as are Yoshi, Mario, and Jigglypuff in the lower end of the tiers, but the latter three will never reach out of low tier (unless Mario comes up with something huge)

Zelda's bad, but nothing lower than 31st. The other characters below her have so much less going for them than she does.

I would go on, but I feel I've said enough to be considered a pariah here.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
I feel that Wolf is just underrepresented at the moment, and can move up a few spots once people use him. .
^this
10this's!

wolf is sorely underused and has all the tools he needs to get around the things that trouble him like Cg's and tilt locks. he has some really bad MU's like D3 but its tolerable to the point that you can win if you play gay enough. (hey the D3 will be gay, so will the wolf)
its tough to catch a good wolf thanks to his great air mobility. Wolf isn't nearly as bad as this tier list would say he is, not that his place is terrible but he deserves more

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Random Tier List time >_>

SS Tier
Meta Knight (-)

S Tier
2. Snake (-)
3. Diddy Kong (+2)
4. Falco (-)
5. Wario (-2)
6. Marth (+1)

A Tier
7. Ice Climbers (+4)
8. King Dedede (-2)
9. Pikachu (-)
10. Olimar (-)
11. Zero Suit Samus (+4)
12. Lucario (+2)
13. Mr. Game & Watch (-4)

B Tier
14. R.O.B. (-2)
15. Kirby (-2)
16. Pit (+1)
17. Donkey Kong (+1)
18. Peach (+1)
19. Toon Link (-3)

C Tier
20. Luigi (-)
21. Sheik (+3)
22. Fox (-1)
23. Wolf (-1)
24. Pokémon Trainer (+3)
25. Sonic (-2)

D Tier
26. Bowser (-1)
27. Ike (+1)
28. Ness (+3)
29. Mario (+1)
30. Lucas (-1)
31. Yoshi (+1)

E Tier
32. Zelda (-3)
33. Samus (-)
34. Jigglypuff (-)
35. Link (+1)
36. Captain Falcon (-1)
37. Ganondorf (-)

gm jack

Smash Lord
^this
10this's!

wolf is sorely underused and has all the tools he needs to get around the things that trouble him like Cg's and tilt locks. he has some really bad MU's like D3 but its tolerable to the point that you can win if you play gay enough. (hey the D3 will be gay, so will the wolf)
its tough to catch a good wolf thanks to his great air mobility. Wolf isn't nearly as bad as this tier list would say he is, not that his place is terrible but he deserves more
The trouble is you assume that his ways around say, a DDD cg, are impossible to be countered. It only takes for DDD to corner a Wolf once to pretty much take the stock. Sheik's tilt lock is the same, but Sheik is also one of them most agile in the game, so avoiding a fast long ranged move is a challenge.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
The trouble is you assume that his ways around say, a DDD cg, are impossible to be countered. It only takes for DDD to corner a Wolf once to pretty much take the stock. Sheik's tilt lock is the same, but Sheik is also one of them most agile in the game, so avoiding a fast long ranged move is a challenge.
this is true but i was just saying, the one high tier character that gives him a really hard time (except maybe pika) and by hard time i mean unbearable CAN be got around, not that its easy and its sad but true that one grab from a D3 is a stock for wolf. I've never played a really good D3 but I've played ones who're good enough to cg me to death and the combination of wolfs aerial speed, his bair, jumpshine, the blaster and his great punishers makes this match up a lot easier to deal with than most people think.
its the same with sheik, she has nothing on wolf (he has better priority, range, killing power, knockback, damage, and weight) over her, the only thing to look out for is the ftilt which is not that hard to get around especially if that's all the sheik is going for.
I'm not sure but doesn't the lock have to take place at a fairly low % to actually lock him in? I'm pretty biased about wolf but so far I haven't seen any reason for him to not be at least mid to high C tier at least

Gah777

Smash Lord
I agree with goldenadept. Wolf is really underused right now, but maybe if more people played him there would be more advancements in his metagame. And as for his problem matchups, namely DDD, shiek, and pika, all three of these characters seem to have nothing on wolf except for tilt locks and CGs. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but like golden adept said, wolf out prioritizes, kills better, etc than shiek. Pikas air game is worse than wolfs and thunder jolt (projectile) and thunder are pretty easy to deal with. DDD is different b/c wolf still has to get around ftilt and bair

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Random Tier List time >_>

SS Tier
Meta Knight (-)

S Tier
2. Snake (-)
3. Diddy Kong (+2)
4. Falco (-)
5. Wario (-2)
6. Marth (+1)

A Tier
7. Ice Climbers (+4)
8. King Dedede (-2)
9. Pikachu (-)
10. Olimar (-)
11. Zero Suit Samus (+4)
12. Lucario (+2)
13. Mr. Game & Watch (-4)

B Tier
14. R.O.B. (-2)
15. Kirby (-2)
16. Pit (+1)
17. Donkey Kong (+1)
18. Peach (+1)
19. Toon Link (-3)

C Tier
20. Luigi (-)
21. Sheik (+3)
22. Fox (-1)
23. Wolf (-1)
24. Pokémon Trainer (+3)
25. Sonic (-2)

D Tier
26. Bowser (-1)
27. Ike (+1)
28. Ness (+3)
29. Mario (+1)
30. Lucas (-1)
31. Yoshi (+1)

E Tier
32. Zelda (-3)
33. Samus (-)
34. Jigglypuff (-)
35. Link (+1)
36. Captain Falcon (-1)
37. Ganondorf (-)
from my quick look at this it looks pretty good just a few comments on it.

1: not sure if MK should be in his own tier, the top teir might end up being MK and snake or maybe even MK,Snake, and diddy
2: Not sure if ZSS should move up by 4. she should move up but i am not sure if she has enough to warrant moving up 4 spots.
3: i feel the E tier is to big and should be split at the bottom so ether CF and Ganon are in their own tier or even just ganon.
4: not sure if ness should be above lucas (to be fair i know little of how thier meta games are right now so i might be wrong)

anyway if very good but i only gave it quick look but it seems pretty solid to me.

5: i like were u put ROB i feel/know he will fall but he should imo not go below 15 in the next list

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I've played JJ with my Sheik and that matchup is still in Sheik's favor no matter what you guys say..........ftilt is not something you can just aviod considering it's a 4 frame move and Sheik has moves that combo into it.

Lol and how does Wolf kill better than Sheik if she has a near zero to death on him? Plus she gimps the **** out of him.

Top Bottom