• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predictions for Tier List v4 (Includes overview of entire cast)

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Marth has so many good matchups I really think he deserves to be higher I also see ice climbers going up ALOT and now the Wario hype is gone he's still good but I dont think S tier material and Diddy kong will be 3rd place count on it

V

Smash Ace
Yeah I tend to think Marth v. DK is 50/50 or 55/45 Marth. DK's range is kinda nullified by Marth's ability to juggle and ledge trap the crap out of him. All Marth needs is one opening, and DK's only move to stop that is a retreating bair. But seriously, how can DK stop Marth with just one move? It's pretty hard to do even for a top level DK player vs. a top level Marth player.

I think myself and the majority of the Marth community stand firm that it's 50/50 or 55/45 Marth.

I think IC will go up to S tier too as well as Diddy Kong grabbing the #3 spot.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yeah this is incorrect, 45-55 to 55-45 is basically even, 60-40 to 65-35 is soft counter, anything worse than that is a hard counter.

So Diddy is soft and Falco is on the fringe between soft and hard. MK is somewhere between 55-45 and 60-40 IMO, everything other than that is even or better for her. There may be a few others debatably worse than 45-55 for her, but this is generally correct.
65-35 isn't a soft counter. A soft counter means that character A shuts down most of character B's options, but if character B's player is playing properly and at a much more advance level than character A, character B can still win.

This is not the case with the current match-ups listed as 65:35.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Pierce, give us your input! You know more than me :)
Pierce thinks DK has a solid advantage against Marth. I was just talking about the matchup last night with him at the tournament Cable(probably best DK) won last night. The East Coast DK metagame is on fire right now. DK is underrated. Everyone thinks they understand how to fight DK, but when they fight a real one (Cable, Will and maybe Bum when he shakes off the rust and catches back up.) they get rocked.

V

Smash Ace
If Cable is the best DK at the moment then he should fight MikeHAZE who is the best Marth at the moment and we'll see who wins. My money is on MikeHAZE but I think it would be pretty close.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Outsider's opinion: DK is one of the many matchups that Marth loses that people think he wins decisively...

V

Smash Ace
IDK if ICs are better than MK but everybody seems to agree that the top 4 are MK, Snake, Diddy, and ICs. My tier would look like:

S tier

MK
Snake
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers

A Tier
Falco
Marth
Wario
King Dedede
Mr. Game and Watch
Pikachu
Olimar

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
Why do IC's still not make top 5 in many people's eyes? They're dominating tournaments. It's a good thing Ally's Snake is there to keep Lain in check. :p

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
If Cable is the best DK at the moment then he should fight MikeHAZE who is the best Marth at the moment and we'll see who wins. My money is on MikeHAZE but I think it would be pretty close.
best DK is up in the air right now. its mostly between three or four people

Cable, Will, ook, and maybe Ripple.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Pierce thinks DK has a solid advantage against Marth. I was just talking about the matchup last night with him at the tournament Cable(probably best DK) won last night. The East Coast DK metagame is on fire right now. DK is underrated. Everyone thinks they understand how to fight DK, but when they fight a real one (Cable, Will and maybe Bum when he shakes off the rust and catches back up.) they get rocked.
I highly second this all the way.

this explains why ppl dont know how to ****ing fight dk when they fight him in brackets (cable <3 @ 1st place in daishos)

thats pratically ec vs wc lol

both metagames are like hella different

cept like ec should be swarming with mks :laugh:

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
IDK if ICs are better than MK but everybody seems to agree that the top 4 are MK, Snake, Diddy, and ICs
How is this anywhere close to unanimous? People have ranged from 1st to only slightly higher than their current position.
Why do IC's still not make top 5 in many people's eyes? They're dominating tournaments. It's a good thing Ally's Snake is there to keep Lain in check. :p
Who's dominating tournies? Lain and Meep are easily the two best right now, and both are inconsistent, Ally or not.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Cable was beating neo in friendlies at the last tourney and one of the games was a 3 stock on fd. neo did say he tried and said its very very difficult for marth. he said marth has to not make one mistake the entire match just so it can be even. that already goes to show you.

cable is a prodigy. this DK is something different than what you guys might expect :lick:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^Agreed.
This also happened when NEO played June's DK.

As Stauffy would always say "Go play a real character", and not one that ragekills at like 80% lol.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Ice climbers clearly ate kirby to boost themselves up to a spot they couldn't possibly reach alone. >.>

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Cable was beating neo in friendlies at the last tourney and one of the games was a 3 stock on fd. neo did say he tried and said its very very difficult for marth. he said marth has to not make one mistake the entire match just so it can be even. that already goes to show you.

cable is a prodigy. this DK is something different than what you guys might expect :lick:
It's too bad Will is better, Kelvin :laugh:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IC's aren't the best character in the game. I doubt even Meep can agree to that (people camping him more, M2K not afraid to time him out in stronger ways, etc).

DK is underrated, but let's be honest about it. Look at the characters above him. Is he clear cut better than them?

R.O.B.
Kirby

Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit

All of those are above him, and they are most likely better than DK. I know Lucario, ZSS, and TL/Pit are. Kirby and ROB probably are, but you could argue a stronger case against those two than the others.

Despite the fact he is underrated by many people, you can't suddenly jump him up ahead of other characters who are better than him.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
DK is better than Toon Link. I can honestly say that I believe this.

In terms of Pit, I think Tink ======= Pit. Though completely different, I think they share a spot.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

Wasn't Neo the one who said DK got ***** by Marth and that there's no way in hell that it's even, at least 60-40 Marth?

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
DMG, I believe DK is potentially better than every character you listed, except for maybe Kirby. DK is pretty good, but he's awkward, so it's taken a very, very long time for people to put his tools to good. He's also extremely unpopular and underrepresented.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
I'm not buying the underrepresented argument. Almost any character not in top tier can claim under-representation. DK is not really any harder to play than the majority of the cast. Again this is an argument that mains of any character below A tier can (and usually do) use.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Actually that's not true. There are characters in the top tier that aren't represent well. There are low tiers who are represented well. Just look at a bunch of tourny results from different regions and you'll see this.

edit: maybe not low tiers, but some mid tiers have good representation.

Browny

Smash Hater
Careful now, I do believe I've seen that same argument (under-repped, hard to play etc) from you many times.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
from me...?
I don't think anyone in brawl is hard to play really, if you know how to play in general you should be good with anyone as long as you know the matchups. :/

Top Bottom