• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Bones0

Smash Legend
0:10 - Make sure you WD out of your shines in the correct direction (or down).
2:50, 3:40, 4:35 - If Falcon is barely making it back like that, just ledge hop dair him.
5:00 - Learn to laser low; that should have been a laser reset -> KO.
7:20 - Don't get greedy and overextend for hits that won't amount to much anyway. You went for that bair after the uair even though it ended up losing stage control and your stock.

General:
- DD WD way more for spacing instead of just shooting lasers. When you want to laser, just make sure you are safe with the SH and don't always approach or laser again immediately after. Laser DD will greatly improve your approach success rate.
- Stop rolling to reset the situation. Any time you did something like miss an aerial or he got a weak hit on you, you would start rolling backwards, but better players will expect that reaction immediately and punish hard.
- Spacing wise, you almost NEVER moved backwards. Every movement you had was towards your opponent aside from a few WD back when you had him cornered at the ledge. Make sure to use DD WD to change up your pace and movement so they can't catch on to the fact that you are approaching all the time.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I feel very differently before this tournament(Tipped Off 7) than I did before RoM4. I'm tense, kinda nervous, EXCITED, and just wanna play good Melee. It's this kind of feeling that reminds me why I play this game and why I want to keep playing it despite anything that could come along with the game like haters or whatever(lol) and try to distract me from that feeling. If I do end up becoming the updisputed best player, I'd hope I would still feel like this before every tournament. It's what keeps competition alive haha.

I guess I could write more, but this is pretty much how I feel about things(aside from wanting to **** Hbox lol but who wants to hear about that that'd be cocky of me). I'm also killing time until Twitch and other NC people get here before I go to Fullmetal's place(he's the TO) and chill tonight. Plus I like feelings. Yay feelings. =)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I knew jpobs would ask so I already started thinking about it <3

Okay well basically even though I won a lot in the past year I've "only" beaten Hbox in two sets rom3 and pound 5. And I'm pretty sure he's johnned outta both of those losses so I have to win this third to cement my place as the best in the south(which makes sense because I should have to **** him first before I can move on to the nation or the world).

So I have my eventual goal of being the best on the line once again, as well as proving I am better than Hbox there. So I'm HYPED to **** him HARD because I want there to be NO MORE DOUBTS after this time is over(hopefully I win in 2 sets as well without dropping a game or more than 1-2 overall to make it sure).

So basically I'm gonna shoot him then he's gonna try to fly away then I'm gonna kick him and then he'll try to shield camp me then I'll grab upthrow **** and it's gonna look like Falco destroys Jiggz but you all have to remember that I'm out there to PLAY and Hbox is out there to PROTECT HIS REP so I've got competition on my side. Also Hbox sucks at approaching so if I ever get a lead I could hard gay him back and it'd be over(I'll go Young Link on his butt).

Ain't gonna be no windmill/food poisoning/I just lost to Mango and don't feel like playing johns this time.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Wow. What. The. Heck.

1) I wasn't aware Peepee had haters.
2) Why does it matter if he's johned? (I didn't even know he johned, lol) I guess you've something to prove? But I don't think anyone doubts that you could beat him, tbh.
3) All that talk of **** reminds me of Mango... o.o
4) What if he's (Hbox) adapted/gotten better? O____O

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
1. LOL every good player has haters. I called them out ironically because lots of famous people do that....it is kinda fun though rofl.

2. Because if they john it's like taking away your win. That's fine and all but I just have to beat him so hard he can't do it. =p It ain't about being doubted it's about living up to your own expectations.

3. F yeah I'll **** him too. He's already studied our videos btw so I know he doesn't think he's safe ;)

4. Well I certainly hope so or that'd be too easy lol.

edit: it's all in good fun and every person that's good at trash talking finds some things I say hilarious LOL just enjoy it =p

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Oh, even if I find myself shocked, I'm still enjoying it. Trust me. Those were just questions/initial thoughts.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
2. Because if they john it's like taking away your win. That's fine and all but I just have to beat him so hard he can't do it. =p It ain't about being doubted it's about living up to your own expectations.
Implying PP didn't deliver ENORMOUS johns the last two times he lost

D

Deleted member

yo money match me

$20
losing $20 wouldn't impact his level of correctness. not that i agree with him, but the point stands. i think it's natural to have on and off days, but "I can beat you at smash" has no real relevance to any idea past itself.

D

Deleted member

chu does that **** to me all the time:

"your essay sucks"
"I can beat you at smash"

"you haven't been out with a girl in 4 years"

"you're going to be functionally worthless at anything other than pressing buttons at a video game for the rest of your life"

idk maybe i've had so much exposure to it (when they actually mean it) i don't see it as funny anymore. don't mind me.

kevo

Smash Journeyman
Trash talk is what makes competition fun. There's a fine line between trash talk and making yourself look like a fool. Go get'em Peepee xD. I wanna see mad uthrow comboes. I wanna see you taunt during stocks. If you pull Young Link on HBox I will cry tears of joy.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
chu does that **** to me all the time:

"your essay sucks"

"you haven't been out with a girl in 4 years"

"you're going to be functionally worthless at anything other than pressing buttons at a video game for the rest of your life"

idk maybe i've had so much exposure to it (when they actually mean it) i don't see it as funny anymore. don't mind me.
gay bird feet in capris ;)

that's pretty funny though ROFL partly because Chu won't play me in smash XD

@my support: <3333333333 you guys **** seriously =)

kevo: I will do the kevins proud this weekend and it was a metaphorical young link although I may have to do it now for LOLZ

Bones0

Smash Legend
Fact: all Kevins are skilled Falco players.

The more you know...

Also, PP got that pocket Roy to deal with Hbox. Reverse blazers all day, and no, he doesn't have his jacket on backwards.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I knew jpobs would ask so I already started thinking about it <3

Okay well basically even though I won a lot in the past year I've "only" beaten Hbox in two sets rom3 and pound 5. And I'm pretty sure he's johnned outta both of those losses so I have to win this third to cement my place as the best in the south(which makes sense because I should have to **** him first before I can move on to the nation or the world).

So I have my eventual goal of being the best on the line once again, as well as proving I am better than Hbox there. So I'm HYPED to **** him HARD because I want there to be NO MORE DOUBTS after this time is over(hopefully I win in 2 sets as well without dropping a game or more than 1-2 overall to make it sure).

So basically I'm gonna shoot him then he's gonna try to fly away then I'm gonna kick him and then he'll try to shield camp me then I'll grab upthrow **** and it's gonna look like Falco destroys Jiggz but you all have to remember that I'm out there to PLAY and Hbox is out there to PROTECT HIS REP so I've got competition on my side. Also Hbox sucks at approaching so if I ever get a lead I could hard gay him back and it'd be over(I'll go Young Link on his butt).

Ain't gonna be no windmill/food poisoning/I just lost to Mango and don't feel like playing johns this time.
This post is so full of awesome. Major lols were had.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
Get em, PP!

Hbox will start checking his closet every night for Young Links if this keeps up lol

When Hbox breaks out the spandex and high heels, you gotta bust out the tents, grab your flashlights and sleeping bags and roast those marshmallows lol

kevo

Smash Journeyman
Fact: all Kevins are skilled Falco players.

The more you know...

Also, PP got that pocket Roy to deal with Hbox. Reverse blazers all day, and no, he doesn't have his jacket on backwards.
Yeah, my Falco is so good. The other day I played a level 5 computer and 3 stocked it!

Also, lol reverse blazer.

Top Bottom