• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Haha, thanks for all the replies, really helpful st00f. I've been doing pretty **** well against my friend's Mario, but I seem to get shield grabbed a lot, so I got some work to do on my shield pressure.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i originally posted this in the TO6 thread by accident but:

I'm giving it at least another shot with Falco at some point.
good. i know you dont want to hear anything about WF, but I think you were making a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes and you still definitely have a chance to beat juan with falco still. You just have to be on your best game when you meet him, and I feel like you weren't at TO6 (or at least not in winners).

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah I wasn't myself in winners, but I was much moreso in GFs. That's why I'm so eager for those videos to go up.

I'm gonna keep working and see what I can do.

Also I found I can waveland onto the stage from the edge pretty easily lol. Hopefully Twitch will want to play tomorrow so I can see what I can do with it.

Also I need to do critiques...

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Never played him, but based off of Videos he's definitely a better player than I. I mean, he gets to play with PP all the time and when you play someone as good as PP frequently, you either get really good really fast or you quit really fast, LOL.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
wasofunny?
well, I said this:

Never played him, but based off of Videos he's definitely a better player than I. I mean, he gets to play with PP all the time and when you play someone as good as PP frequently, you either get really good really fast or you quit really fast, LOL.
and KK being the witty fellow that he is took a jab at Manacloud:

Mogwai's explanation doesn't account for ManaCloud.
shrugs, hate all you want, but Manacloud was still, in the grand scheme of things, pretty good at melee for his time.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
manacloud was ken's brother

in this case, PP is Ken. mogwai was trying to explain how Twitch is probably very good despite not going to tournies and stuff cuz he plays PP all the time.

but manacloud wasnt anything remarkable, besides having the #1 player living in his house.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
and I'm just saying that Manacloud was still considerably better than the average player of his time, so while he (and Twitch for that matter) might not put up remarkable performances at the national level, they're still pretty good players and it's largely because they have brothers who are absurdly good which makes them have to get good or just get unbelievably frustrated and probably quit the game.

EDIT: Is DJ Rome trolling? I'm so confused. He opens by saying he doesn't know who twitch is and then talks about how he ***** twitch, I'm now really confused :p.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
We're also not directly comparing Manacloud to Twitch in terms of their smash ability, :laugh:, we're just saying that they both happen to have brothers who are incredible players and you know what, I'm done trying to explain this cause it's getting really frustrating, LOL.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Doc vs. Jiggs is gay as hell. I dunno, I can't pull it off, but he just like, pills her and cape is gay vs. puff aerials and dthrow -> KOBE is ****. otg molests my jiggs so hard with Doc it's not even funny, but I still feel like I should just be able to bair him and win but it never works out, lol.

Smedwicks

Smash Cadet
Any advice for Falco v. Samus? I'm facing off against one tomorrow in a tournament and any last minute pointers that anyone could throw out would be really helpful.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Any advice for Falco v. Samus? I'm facing off against one tomorrow in a tournament and any last minute pointers that anyone could throw out would be really helpful.
even if you think you're shooting enough lasers, you're not.

if the burden of approaching is on Samus, you'll win, if you're approaching her, you'll lose (unless one player is way better than the other, in which case this is all irrelevant).

otg

Smash Master
Sup guys?

Doc vs. Jiggs is gay as hell. I dunno, I can't pull it off, but he just like, pills her and cape is gay vs. puff aerials and dthrow -> KOBE is ****. otg molests my jiggs so hard with Doc it's not even funny, but I still feel like I should just be able to bair him and win but it never works out, lol.
I don't even remember us doing Doc vs. Jiggs, but I don't doubt it. I've beasted on every Jiggs I've ever played except for Hungrybox, and I think it's just because he is way better then me. I don't know if the matchup is even or Doc's favor, who cares, chances are Jiggs wins, but I do think Doc has some things going for him. This isn't the Doc or the jiggs boards tho, so enough of that.

As for Doc (or Mario really because they are so similar) vs. Falco, having played the matchup from both sides and played against some incredibly campy and homo falcos (sup mogwai?), I feel like I have some insight to throw out there if people are interested.

otg

Smash Master
Yeah it's gay.

It's really Falco's match to lose. As long as you never approach, bair/utilt Doc's approaches, platform camp like a homo and don't wrecklessly attack Doc's shield, he is in for a really hard uphill battle. Now admittedly, Doc does have little tricks to get around Falco's BS, but they require him taking a big risk to get anything started, so once again it just tips towards Falcos favor again.

Wes are we playing today? I texted you.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Dear Dr PeePee,

My name is Kyle. My twin brother picked up Falco not too long ago and it rejuvinated his interest in the game. With my willingness to practice dwindling, I thought I too would give Falco a try. Low and behold I found myself sitting with a max handicap .5 damage ratio bowser on FD for an hour just doing dair/nair shine over and over again for almost an hour. It was fun.

My question to you doctor is this: I want to start working on shine -> waveland on the platform -> shine for shield pressure or combos. What technique do you use for this and how would you recommend I practice this?

As well, does this look like a rash to you?

Regards,
Kyle

Haha <3 ya PeyhPeyh :p

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I'm not PP, but what I'll tell you is to just practice it in games, I don't think there's a nice reliable way to practice it outside of just trying it vs. techs on platforms. But I gotta say when I do it vs. shields it feels really clunky and I think I should be doing something else instead.

Top Bottom