• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 5 Info Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
lol.

Alright, good ****. So awesome that despite that you guys play with NTSC still you got so many good low tier players. They should come over to europe and **** at our tournaments.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I love how you make it seem you can "break through" the most important factor of a tournament set.
Character skills are like 5% of a tournament set, mindset covers the rest. But nvm, i just broke through my little tech skill problem and this means I will do infinitely better at tournaments.

If he breaks through his mindset problem and does better he becomes a better player.
If he doesnt then he is still as bad as he does in tournaments.
Because. Friendlies. Doesnt. Matter.

Lame. Kid has only done bad at Apex and Genesis. And bad means not top 13. He wins FL tourneys all the time and he has top 10'ed national tourneys before. I know he top 10'ed Viva La Smashtaclysm. He's not a bad tourney player. He's just done poorly at his most recent national tourneys. He's not always a bad tourney player, just inconsistent in the big national tourneys.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Lame. Kid has only done bad at Apex and Genesis. And bad means not top 13. He wins FL tourneys all the time and he has top 10'ed national tourneys before. I know he top 10'ed Viva La Smashtaclysm. He's not a bad tourney player. He's just done poorly at his most recent national tourneys. He's not always a bad tourney player, just inconsistent in the big national tourneys.
Nobody is saying Col Bol isn't good. But I certainly wouldn't rank him above JMan or Lucky. Consistency far outweighs flashes of brilliancy.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
twitter: trahhh - couple random #pound5 updates.. azen made first seed! above dart then Gmoney. a link main, Spife, got 2nd seed in his pool. ****.

YEAH SPIFE GETUM

t3h Icy

Smash Master
twitter: trahhh - couple random #pound5 updates.. azen made first seed! above dart then Gmoney. a link main, Spife, got 2nd seed in his pool. ****.

YEAH SPIFE GETUM
That was R1, he's probably out by now.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Lucky placed pretty low at both Genesis and Apex too. Again low being not top 13.

Anyway I could care less about arguing Fox ranking. Just sayin that there is a reason for people thinking Colbol is good, because he is. He's one of those people that could beat anyone at the tourney on any given set.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
honestly a fox just has to have an on point day. jman and lucky were both ON FIRE at dgdtj. and i've seen colbol's sets where he's on fire as well. foxes are amazing when they're in the zone like that. at nationals it's harder but i can see each of them pulling through.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Vist and Laijin took a game off Armada/M2K and are going to the 3rd game.

Edit: Alex says it was 2-0? Regardless, Armada/M2K won.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yoo Vist and Laijin are mad beast, they took a game off M2K/DJ at MAD and almost made it to GF.

D20

Smash Lord
t3h_Icy, I did not make it to the 3rd round of pools (although I was playing very well, if I do say so myself). I dropped before the 2rd round of pools was made up. You can make that edit on the OP.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Lucky placed pretty low at both Genesis and Apex too. Again low being not top 13.

Anyway I could care less about arguing Fox ranking. Just sayin that there is a reason for people thinking Colbol is good, because he is. He's one of those people that could beat anyone at the tourney on any given set.
You're right, it's pointless to argue it. I believe they're 1-1 vs eachother in tournaments.

I'm a big Col Bol fan, he's a great player, often overlooked. He's hella cool too, met him at one of the Event 52 tournaments near Kansas City.

Genesis was a bad example though, as Lucky got 17th, was the second highest placing fox main (behind jman)...yet ColBol got 49th. Lucky lost to Armada and Vwins, while Colbol lost to Eddie Mexico and DEHF. Neither player was at Apex.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
he has tapped lovage before hehe!
No he hasn't, not in a tournament set. Lovage absolutely destroyed Axe when they played in tourney: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdCDb_npfSg

why is anyone suprised axe beat lovage? I mean lovage is a great player, but axe tapped jman at apex.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdCDb_npfSg

Eh, theres a reason why m2k said he was the best fox before Apex. And why he's the only fox to ever beat Shiz in a tourney set. And why he has the 2nd highest winning % vs Hbox probably only after Mango.

Kid is insanely good. He just seems to choke at large tourneys. Ask top players like Shiz and Hbox where they think he should be placing at these types of tourneys and they'll say top 5/10. His skill level is on par with anyone in the world.
Pretty obvious you're from FL or just some huge fanboy of that entire state.

Argument supported.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
west coast representttt

get 'em johnny

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yah I'm from FL. And Colbol has been in my crew since 2006.

Don't see how that matters though. Anyone who's played Colbol would make the same conclusions I have. He's insanely good but a little inconsistent.

otg

Smash Master
Wow, so much going on.

Two thoughts:

1.) Of course DJ lost to Shroomed, Shroomeds the real deal and DJ is clearly fake.

2.) Florida has been overhype for a really long time. Col bol might be the best fox, he's never proven it and has consistently ****ed up at nationals. Hopefully he proves me wrong here. Chops has been "rusty" for the last like 3 years, despite the fact that he still plays all the time up here. I guess in order to get "unrusty" you have to **** everyone, and then he's playing good. But when hes losing? Rust, rust all day. Shiz? EH, w'e

Hbox all day, thats really all I'm trying to get at. Kid is gonna win this tourney.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
lmao at colbol not supposed to be losing to shroomed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom