• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 5 Info Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelyst

-_-
looks like an average chart to me bro ... seeing as how armada beat hbox convincingly with ylink today ... talk is not cheap.. results are where its at ... armada has been to 4 nationals and gotten 2nd at 3 of them... he got 4rth loosing to amsah at pound 4 ...

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Hey Europe, I'm pretty sure Armada doesn't want you to john for him. The US gets hype, and NC gets the most hype of all. It's what we do. A lot of us do love Armada, though. They're both mad good.

Xelyst

-_-
i dunno about moonshine being a troll ...nah some ppl hate being wrong ... others hate it bit accept when they have been beaten

either way mario thats not an inaccurate chart lol

and yah i guess aniolas said that in sweeden they dont go crazy like that .... armada also responded that he is used to and ready for the random cheering so w/e

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Take note, Steelers and Packers fans: a new study suggests that watching your home team lose the Super Bowl could be stressful enough to trigger a heart attack.

The new research shows that cardiac deaths can jump by 15 per cent in the hometown of the losing team in the days after the big game. But when the home team wins, heart-related deaths fall.

The researchers involved in the study, led by Dr. Robert Kloner of Good Samaritan Hospital and the University of Southern California, have studied this phenomenon before.
Previous studies have noted before that sports fans with weak hearts may be at an increased risk of a heart attack while watching important matches.

In 2008, German researchers tracking cardiac emergencies during the 2006 World Cup of Soccer reported that on the days when Germany played, the rate of heart attacks, angina attacks or cardiac arrhythmias was 2.66 higher than the norm.

Physicians noted after that study that actually watching the big game may be just one factor contributing to the stress placed on the hearts of sports fans. The parties that typically surround the event usually involve alcohol, which could also stress the heart, they noted.
I know watching Armada lose is hard, but please don't have a heart attack over it. Don't forget to take your aspirin, kiddies.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
it's not johning, at least not in my case. i simply consider Armada to be the best player in the world, regarding what happened today.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Very entertaining tournament. The venue crowd was goin' wild and the livestream was crazy.

Dr PeePee makin' serious moves out there. Armada unleashing Young Link out of nowhere. Vectorman making it into brackets... with Yoshi. And Hax's Falcon puttin' in some serious work. Damnn!

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
What does aspirin have to do with helping for a heart attack?

Learn to medicine, brah.
Reduces arterial inflammatory response by inhibiting COX receptors. It's mostly preventative, and has been shown to reduce formation of blood clots and risks of heart attacks in studies. You should read up on those.

You've seriously never heard of one-a-day low dose aspirin? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Xelyst

-_-
its ez to google **** bro.. especially since you probably were not sure

BTW

i srsly thought axe was gonna be in winners finals when i saw game 1 vs armada ... a pikachu in GF... like wtf... that would have been awesome

was so hyped for groomblue making something happen in teams ...

Jem.

Smash Master
Reduces arterial inflammatory response by inhibiting COX receptors. It's mostly preventative, and has been shown to reduce formation of blood clots and risks of heart attacks in studies. You should read up on those.

You've seriously never heard of one-a-day low dose aspirin? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Touche if thats true. I just consider aspirin/ibyprofin as pain relievers.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
You mean "regardless of", not "regarding".
again, you pretend not to understand my comments

i mean regarding, cause today he proved to be the best, he won against everybody in winners and then he faced PP in the finals, a player who is really close to him, and lost because PP played better, which doesn't really mean that he's undoubtedly the best. same game tomorrow might have a different result, but we won't see it happening.

being the best could be more about training ur young link to beat an annoying puff like hbox's by far. may I remind u that PP beat Hbox last minute with his main character.

maybe u don't agree with me, that's just my opinion. but it's a pretty solid one I have to tell you.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Touche if thats true. I just consider aspirin/ibyprofin as pain relievers.
They relieve pain by reducing your body's inflammation response, but aspirin also thins the blood out. Don't try to take ibuprofin to prevent heart attacks. Also read up on studies of aspirin reducing tumor formation rates. Truly a wonderful drug.

D20

Smash Lord
I'm still shakin' my head in disbelief at Young Link vs JigglyPuff. It was such an unexpected yet genius move by Armada.
Truth. You could tell just by watching the stream that Armada KNEW it was going to work. In my opinion, the risk/reward ratio on his choice to go Young Link was very favorable. It was a brilliant move. Even if he had to bail out and go Peach in game two or three, hungrybox probably would not have been able to adapt quick enough.

Beanman

Smash Cadet
again, you pretend not to understand my comments

i mean regarding, cause today he proved to be the best, he won against everybody in winners and then he faced PP in the finals, a player who is really close to him, and lost because PP played better, which doesn't really mean that he's undoubtedly the best. same game tomorrow might have a different result, but we won't see it happening.

being the best could be more about training ur young link to beat an annoying puff like hbox's by far. may I remind u that PP beat Hbox last minute with his main character.

maybe u don't agree with me, that's just my opinion. but it's a pretty solid one I have to tell you.
I agree that views on the best player, especially with the rate of change that smash has been undergoing recently, is mroe opinion based. However, saying armada proved to be the best, then in the next sentence saying he lost because pp played better, is contradictory. If you're the best, you play better than everyone else. That's the definition of "best".

Beanman

Smash Cadet
They relieve pain by reducing your body's inflammation response, but aspirin also thins the blood out. Don't try to take ibuprofin to prevent heart attacks. Also read up on studies of aspirin reducing tumor formation rates. Truly a wonderful drug.
Not as good as MDMA

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
yea because someone doing ecstasy once is going to kill their serotonin receptors lol

it's called moderation bro XD

Mr. Moonshine

get a life

stop this injustice
I have friends who weren't quite the same after doing it just once (it can be that neurotoxic to some people). Moderation is for drugs that aren't neurotoxic in low doses, like LSD, THC, and psilocybin.

Still disappointed no one has said "Pee on his face" during this tournament. :( It was totally hype at Apex.

Wake

Smash Master
Well it would seem than Dr PP is the best player in the world........... until Genesis2. With Mango trying, Hbox and Armada coming for rematches, and Dr PP defending his #1 spot, this tourney is gonna be amazing.

Luma

Smash Lord
no crowd johns is legit. sure, the crowd plays it's role, but imagine if this were a sporting event where instead of a couple hundred people cheering for pp, there were tens of thousands. it's armada's job (and basically anyone that plays against pp on the ec) to drown out the crowd and overcome it mentally. if he didn't, then it's only his fault, but i highly doubt armada lost because of the crowd. look at how he performed; it's not like he got 3 stocked or something. he gave himself a chance to win
1. he got 3 stocked once (not 100% sure)
2. in sports you also have to play against hometurf-cheering, so your argument is invalid since that never happened when armada faced an US pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom