• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lord karn

Smash Master
this reminds me Ajax and Dookdigity FREAKING out when they saw Fireflies for the first time when they came to MD for Critical Hit 3.
"WHAT THE **** THOSE THINGS ARE REAL? I thought they were only in Harry Potter or some ****!"

No lie.

I hope it snows at some point for you =D
Oh snap, I remember that. Hilarious.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Sadly we haven't had much snow in MD for the past few years.....but if we do its usually in Jan-Feb :chuckle:
Most of it is in February luckily. Last few years it's just been rain in January.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I'm surprised you took my obvious sarcasm seriously and I know what POUND is about LOL I was at Genesis, I know what's more epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fv2IsRoZhs XD! VIEWS!
That video was insane! I just laughed my *** off at the last kill.

Everyone should watch this video. Its from my sig. Its too good lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY5XUk1rc-Y
Hahahaha. Nice song selection! MC Hammer had to be the best one on there tho =] Combo vid for M2K!!! WOOOHHH!!!

As for the Ballon incident....tell me I'm not the only one that pounded his fist while on the ground laughing at his name being Falcon. I'll be saying "Show me your Balloons!" for the next few years now.
It is a prophecy! There can be only one HIGHLANDER!!! Or else the kid will play Halo and never know what he has missed out on...

PFANT

Smash Cadet
hey, i need some advice, if i'm interested in the competitive scene of smash but have never attended a tournament before, would this be a good place to start? or would i be waaaay over my head? i go to school in va so its right around my area

White_Mike

Smash Lord
hey, i need some advice, if i'm interested in the competitive scene of smash but have never attended a tournament before, would this be a good place to start? or would i be waaaay over my head? i go to school in va so its right around my area
It would probably be best if you started before this, but if this were your first tourney I suggest getting a spectator pass and just doing a ****load of friendlies/make friends with smashers and get advice.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It would probably be best if you started before this, but if this were your first tourney I suggest getting a spectator pass and just doing a ****load of friendlies/make friends with smashers and get advice.
I second this. Don't focus on winning but on learning and growth.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
check your PM, I sent you something :)

I can't wait to see a sea of True Gamer shirts all over this place...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I would never suggest skipping a tourney in lieu of playing friendlies. You don't get nearly the practice or experience, because 1.) friendlies mean nothing and 2.) you dont get to feel the real pressure and thrill of playing a tournament set.

You never really know where you stack up til tourney and when the time comes around if you dont enter I guarantee everyone who thinks "oh ill just buy a spectator pass" is going to be extremely disappointed

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I would never suggest skipping a tourney in lieu of playing friendlies. You don't get nearly the practice or experience, because 1.) friendlies mean nothing and 2.) you dont get to feel the real pressure and thrill of playing a tournament set.

You never really know where you stack up til tourney and when the time comes around if you dont enter I guarantee everyone who thinks "oh ill just buy a spectator pass" is going to be extremely disappointed
Don't you he needs at least a little ground work first?

The tourney experience is great though.

pockyD

Smash Legend
as long as you don't have any major expectations going in (such that you'll be severely disappointed with getting last place) and have a positive attitude towards the game as a whole, entering the tournament is infinitely better than not doing so

D20

Smash Lord
as long as you don't have any major expectations going in (such that you'll be severely disappointed with getting last place) and have a positive attitude towards the game as a whole, entering the tournament is infinitely better than not doing so
This.

Wow. I agreed with pockyD!

<3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
And that's why you're only better than P.O.F.

>_>

I like fighting G-reg in tourney. He lets you do awesome stuff like land yoyo glitches on him and then he plays it off like he didn't see it coming.......................or does he??? o_O

Actually what he really does to us lesser players is let you have a faint feeling of hope and then he knees it to oblivion ;__;

noodles

Smash Champion
I really dont see what playing in tournament gives you that friendlies do aside from pressure
>_>

4% APR

Smash Champion
your opponent is trying harder usually, it might just be me, but i cant try my hardest in friendlies for very long

noodles

Smash Champion
Well unless your ****** people since they arent trying it shouldnt be much of a problem.

PB&J

Smash Hero
playing friendlies to me is practicing certain things, if u were to play me i would try to do alot of things that i never tried doing since they are friendlies and sometimes i dont even try as hard,

in tourny- u want to win to advance further in bracket and some players do what ever it takes to win like counterpick dumb stages and camp u till they win

freindlies- unless your playing soft people wont camp u or do gay counterpicks just to win.

its like why waste all your energy on just a freindly, even though there are exceptions but tourny brings the best and worse out of u and u can go forward from there

Vegard

Smash Lord
rofl, its like some of you morons almost want armada to do really bad to make up for your silly predictions before pound.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Hope Armada wins Melee, and Ally win's brawl, so that no american wins either of the tournaments.

If Ken where to go tho, id root for him ;) (and Isai ofc :p)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I really dont see what playing in tournament gives you that friendlies doesn't aside from pressure
>_>
playing friendlies to me is practicing certain things, if u were to play me i would try to do alot of things that i never tried doing since they are friendlies and sometimes i dont even try as hard,

in tourny- u want to win to advance further in bracket and some players do what ever it takes to win like counterpick dumb stages and camp u till they win

freindlies- unless your playing soft people wont camp u or do gay counterpicks just to win.

its like why waste all your energy on just a freindly, even though there are exceptions but tourny brings the best and worse out of u and u can go forward from there
^Seconded,

Basically lets relate this to Football sense this is Football season.

So ya...your post would then read. "I really dont see what playing in the Playoffs gives you that football practice doesn't aside from pressure.

Or if your a fight fan you can say. "I really dont see what The actual fight gives you that sparing doesn't aside from pressure

you see what I'm getting at?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Friendlies anyone can play amazing. Nothing is at stake but pride maybe. This only goes for certain people.

Tourney matches on the other hand are based on who can clutch out all the tech skill without choking. Along with this it takes a proper, calm mindset to win. Making the right decision when all the pressure is and succeeding really proves who the best player is. You can't get frustrated because your losing. In fact, I get excited when I play players I don't know when i'm behind. I play much better.

I would say a good example of this is shiz vs Lambchops. Sure they are just vids but Shiz doesn't **** up. Dudes spot on everything. Lambchops will **** souls but he will/or did **** up, get pissed, and make HORRIBLE decisions. saw it several times when i watched the dude play at FC-D.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Friendlies anyone can play amazing. Nothing is at stake but pride maybe. This only goes for certain people.

Tourney matches on the other hand are based on who can clutch out all the tech skill without choking. Along with this it takes a proper, calm mindset to win. Making the right decision when all the pressure is and succeeding really proves who the best player is. You can't get frustrated because your losing. In fact, I get excited when I play players I don't know when i'm behind. I play much better.

I would say a good example of this is shiz vs Lambchops. Sure they are just vids but Shiz doesn't **** up. Dudes spot on everything. Lambchops will **** souls but he will/or did **** up, get pissed, and make HORRIBLE decisions. saw it several times when i watched the dude play at FC-D.
THIS

i can't tell you the # of tournament sets i've lost that I could've won SO easily looking back on... but even watching videos i see myself getting nervous and choking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom