• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Who do I want to see at Pound 4?

Those two twins from New Mexico, Twin_A and Tw1n I think they go by. Those guys are awesome.

Haha actually I think it would be pretty cool to see Shiz and Jman again. Those 2 were awesome. Actually anybody I hung out with at Genesis.

Also Ken and Isai. Mostly Isai though, because everyone would get down on one knee and bow to him and I want to see that lol

Twin_A

Smash Champion
man, someones gotta like, make an announcement or something when these sparring matches go down. i def would like to see it...just one of the extra perks to pound 4 =)....the soooon to be BEST tournament ever!
Woops I read this as someone needs to set up announcments, like commentary haha.

That would be cool as hell tho.

And I'm imagining most/all of the sparring will go on at the hotel. Or if we find a good spot at the venue for when its only Brawl (or only melee for whom it applies to). When I find everyone who wants to wrestle or spar then I'll see if Plank can make the announcement lol.

Get some sick commentary going on.

And hey Kadaj what did you place in state? 3 years and placing is pretty **** good. All my years of wrestling and I got my *** kicked by this guy from Texas (Highland Park High School I think he went to) who had only been wrestling for 2 or 3 years lol. That sucked :p Again shows the no name vs well known aspect.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I usualy placed lik 4th in states got 3rd once

but for like each year i got into the other styles where as you know the same rules didnt apply lmao

so I pretty much had to relearn wrestling for each style

My high school record was like 11-4 or something

the losses came from when I had 1st started

strawhats

Smash Master
I did not realize that I had gotten to post # 1000. I would not have realized until you brought it to my attention Chain - Ace.

It sucks that Calle W wont be coming

Twin_A

Smash Champion
What state did you wrestle in?

And although thats somewhat true, freestyle and folk are both similar enough that practicing for one helps with the other. So the relearn statement seems a little off. I know locking hands and slamming are allowed in freestyle (and are in fact required) versus them being illegal in collegene (folk style), but the takedowns, reverses (which is rare in freestyle because stalling is actually required, though tough), and other movements are identical.

Actually that makes me think, freestyle wrestling is one of the only highly active sports I can think of that actually encourages stalling if you're in the bad position. Stall for 15 seconds and you stand back up instead of in folk (or mma) were you're told to keep moving or else you'll be penalized lol.

Greco is better used for MMA and is hands down the most different due to the no touching opponents legs rule which takes away 75% of your takedown options lol

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
What a great post to mark your becoming a Smash Lord. Almost all your people are also on my list.
off subject but I saw the promo and ****. It looked like you where getting off with Jiggs. To be perfectly honest I've never seen you play before but it looks like you could kick my *** with jiggs. That was you right?

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
*looks at rule set*

- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, onnett Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2, **Mute city**, **Green Greens**
Great bay banned twice? :lick:

*doesn't see Kongo Jungle and Jungle japes*

Are those two really open for counterpicking ~___~?

LLDL

Smash Hero
off subject but I saw the promo and ****. It looked like you where getting off with Jiggs. To be perfectly honest I've never seen you play before but it looks like you could kick my *** with jiggs. That was you right?
yeah man. I thought I'd sneak myself in there lol.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
yeah twin thats what I was talking about lol the stalling and locking hands
I know that freestyle and folk are very similar alot of the moves that I liked to do transferred over but what I was talking about was the rules stand point and the different technicalities lol

I wrestled in VA

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Either you are a natural genius with wrestling or VA doesnt have as big of a wrestling scene... either way great job dude :D

We should spar at Pound anyways lol. Dont worry about sweatyness, just take a shower cuz it'll probably be doen at the marriot haha

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Get ***** by my list.

Ray (great Puerto Rican mario)
Darc_Chrono
Javi ( Mexican Twin)
Tuga (Mexican Twin)
Lord HDL (sexy Puerto Rican link)
Eval
Azen
Chillin
PC Chris
Hugs

**** Loads of international people that means u Peru, Argentina, etc.
Hey, I would like to play over the US again so I cant wait for Pound! Also, Ray is from Dom Republic :p. Its just that he visit us quite often and stays on the island for a lot of time!

My list:

Everyone that I haven't played yet
Everyone I have already played too

Hype!

****!

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Wait I know that Mute is going to be unbanned but what about Green Greens? That's like my fav counterpick and very good against characters who **** at Mute, I think it helps balance things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom