• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tw1n

Smash Champion
You don't NEED to take classes.

But my background in BJJ and Muai Thai will be wonderful for this kind of MM.

It's like smash son.

You can **** your friends sure.

But when you go to a tournament... :(
Good **** there. Read my brothers post but take out the Tae Kwon Do and throw in Judo instead. I am more of a grappler and thrower than my brother hahaha =]

Kevin, DO NOT **** WITH THE TWINS

THEY ARE TRAINED BODYGUARDS AND HAVE FORGOTTEN MORE **** ABOUT MARTIAL ARTS THAN YOU HAVE LEARNED
I am gonna remember that line lol. Too good. But I never underestimate anyone so ya hahaha

**** we're around the same, haha that would be mad fun.

Ok though yeah I guess your right **** would get way to serious if we're throwing 50 on it.

Want to do like a Five dollar one and then CHALLANGE PEOPLE TO TEAMS SUBMISSIONS?!

Also Irish Mafia, you have no idea about my background in fighting haha :D
Sure $5 or even just friendlies lol. I'm sure we're gonnna end up clearing a room out completely and wrestling all night hahaha. Man I can't wait.

I only have 4 years of freestyle wrestling experience, but I want to get in on these fighting MM's :p.
4 years is still enough to be a great grappler lol. Jump on in =]

man, someones gotta like, make an announcement or something when these sparring matches go down. i def would like to see it...just one of the extra perks to pound 4 =)....the soooon to be BEST tournament ever!
For sure man. We will probably go around hyping it up a bit in advance. LIVE STREAM THIS hahaha.

As for teaming submissions I am down for that. We could even get random teams going. Sounds like a good time there

Edit:
Mario & Dr. Mario definitely do good there. Does anyone wanna money match me in Super Mario RPG knowledge? I was gonna have one at Genesis but the guy who challenged me didn't end up going.
Dude! Greatest game ever hahaha. I would challenge you but its been too long since I've played it.

MacD

Banned via Administration
stupid doc on green greens against peach, to hard for me

that super mario rpg knowledge mm sounds interesting, i know stuff but dam, not that much, i wanna be there if it happens

Aniolas

Smash Ace
I'm not much of a grappler, but I wanna join anyway. =)
Don't think any of my martial art background will help, so I have to rely on
my awesome viking power that all scandinavians are born with. ;)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I'm not much of a grappler, but I wanna join anyway. =)
Don't think any of my martial art background will help, so I have to rely on
my awesome viking power that all scandinavians are born with. ;)
What martial arts background do you have? I will happily spar you in your art of choice :D I'll even bring my tae kwon do gear if needed lol.

And again don't go in with the mindset of "This won't help me." Anything you learn can be used somehow, and if anything go in trying to learn.

Eikelmann said:
This man will pillage your eyeballs and burn your testicles. You have would have to have courage to go up against him.
I would sig this had it been said about me :p
But I am fearing the viking that's for sure.

Hey DJ Nintendo, what is the EXACT word for word dialogue that Bowser says before joining your party (while he is starring up at the castle thinking back to the 'good ol times' :p)

I don't remember it all but it was one of my favorite parts of the game :p

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Twin A:

Karate 5 years
Judo 1 year
San Shou 3 years
Muay Thai 1 year

Bring your gloves and show me your moves. ;)

Actually thats pretty good bro. Why wouldn't it help you in a sparring match haha? The only major flaw I see with your combinations of martial arts is in the field of grappling. 1 year of judo helps for sure but more would make you a very formidable opponent for anyone. Your striking must be really good though.

Sanshou, I have a friend who practiced that while he was in China. Said it was fun and good for self defense. Interesting/awesome that you studied it :D

and for the 'Show me your moves' part:
mada mada dane
(Japanese if someone cares to translate for the rest) :p

M@v

Subarashii!
Martial arts eh? Been in Tang Soo Do since i was 6. I havent trained in over a year(college), but I'm a 3rd degree blackbelt at the moment.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Actually thats pretty good bro. Why wouldn't it help you in a sparring match haha? The only major flaw I see with your combinations of martial arts is in the field of grappling. 1 year of judo helps for sure but more would make you a very formidable opponent for anyone. Your striking must be really good though.

Sanshou, I have a friend who practiced that while he was in China. Said it was fun and good for self defense. Interesting/awesome that you studied it :D

and for the 'Show me your moves' part:
mada mada dane
(Japanese if someone cares to translate for the rest) :p
Well, yeah it will help me in sparring, but I thought that it would be "grappling only".

Haha, we'll see about that (mada mada dane). :D

About San Shou, I love it.
I had a really good trainer, he is a shaolin monk.
Because of my work, which has a stupid schedule, I can't train there for the moment, so I had to pick something which was close to san shou, so I started with Muay Thai instead.
Different, but it's also really fun.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Mhua Thai is fun but can be very dangerous pending on which exact form you study. They literally had to water down the martial art because it was too deadly (I **** you not)

I just wanna do grappling matches because once punches and kicks are thrown in, people tend to get hurt lol. There's always that one person who throws a punch without control and it happens to bust someones nose or break their hand. Then the tournament is ruined for them.

You've still got a ways to go (mada mada dane) >> as translated in Prince of Tennis
Ding ding we have a winner =]

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
All this martial arts talk makes me want to ask:

Anyone have any exp in the soft martial arts? I've been practicing Tai Chi (Chen Style) for 4 years. Recently decided to move in the weapon forms, starting with the broadsword.

Broadsword is annoying because my only sword exp is with a katana, which I like to swing underhand (a big no no with broadswords).

tw1n

Smash Champion
I was gonna take Tai Chi but opted not to due to school. I'm a big pressure point fighter so Tai Chi would have worked with that I believe.

Lol underhand with a broadsword would end in tears. I could picture that now.... Ouch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
nuh uh. ;p I'm even listening to them nao.

Also Metroid Metal (Stemage) is too good. Man I love it, can't wait till I get some moneys to buy it. ALthough if I have only enough for spoc, then I'll have to wait a super long time than.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Spam_Arrows said:
THESE ARE MY MAGIC SHOES!!! lmfao! Mugen ftw!
Yeah! Hes so proffresional! Also, Green Miles broken!

double post! Take that hungry box

null55

Smash Master
No, I mean Chris Martin isn't a bad musician, the notes are good, it's just the most played out, non-risky **** among the "not-bad" music. Obviously it's not like ****ing Selena Gomez or that horrible awful stuff...

Twin_A

Smash Champion
You've still got a ways to go (mada mada dane) >> as translated in Prince of Tennis
Exactly were I got it from (And I'm sure were Inui got his name from on here... Except in PoT it's Sadaharu Inui, and he was actually smart :p).

Aniolas said:
Well, yeah it will help me in sparring, but I thought that it would be "grappling only".

Haha, we'll see about that (mada mada dane). :D

About San Shou, I love it.
I had a really good trainer, he is a shaolin monk.
Because of my work, which has a stupid schedule, I can't train there for the moment, so I had to pick something which was close to san shou, so I started with Muay Thai instead.
Different, but it's also really fun.
Interesting. And hey 1 year of grappling experience means you'll be a slightly faster learner and perhaps you can teach us something maybe we don't know as well. Does your brother do martial arts as well?

m@v said:
Martial arts eh? Been in Tang Soo Do since i was 6. I havent trained in over a year(college), but I'm a 3rd degree blackbelt at the moment.
stupid college >.<
haha I'm in my senior year of college and about to graduate so I know exactly what you mean. I'm about a year or so out of practice as well.

Tang Soo Do, another Korean martial art :D
My master (Great Grand Master Yong Kim) taught me some of the one step sparring and some of the moves used in that. It can get pretty intense haha.

And one more fun fact: Muay Thai wasn't the only martial art watered down because it was too deadly. Tae Kwon Do was too. Thats also why they wear gear, too many deaths in competitions. Although at lower belt sparring the gear makes you feel nothing, once you hit black belt sparring it still feels like you are getting a sledge hammer to your ribs >.<

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok, heres a question. Anyone interested in Diddy Kong Racing 64 and/or Super Smash Bros 64? I could bring my n64, and of course I have T.T man.

Also, I only have two controllers, but bring ur own just in case. (You might complain about mine lol)

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
*looks at rule set*

Great bay banned twice? :lick:

*doesn't see Kongo Jungle and Jungle japes*

Are those two really open for counterpicking ~___~?
what what what

i <3 kongo jungle 64, soooooooooooo much. It's banned over in europe? start playing on it because you'll go there many times probably, if not ill find you and take you there in friendlies.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So I think Sparring should take the place of Brawl Singles, and be held after Melee singles therefore none of us ruin our chances.

Any objections?

Faab

Smash Ace
what what what

i <3 kongo jungle 64, soooooooooooo much. It's banned over in europe? start playing on it because you'll go there many times probably, if not ill find you and take you there in friendlies.
Kongo jungle 64 ain't banned over here in europe. The other 2 ******** donkey kong stages are.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I don't know if any of you have ever met Kevin M in person but he's huge. And he was willing to run through the parking lot half naked, so hes definitely crazy too. I wouldn't mess with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom