• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
don't try and defend it.. it sucked..

melee's on the other hand was amazing and borderline hilarious..
"good coverage.. looking like Verizon!"
Corny if you ask me, but whatever.

Melee's commentary was nothing special until the end.
Brawl's commentary... well, that's just Diem. You either love him or hate him. You get it or you don't.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
there is such a thing as commentating in good taste. when u have humor not constantly relying on the expense of players mistakes. its just bashing.

and when u say the N word, the F word, etc...and insult people in the chat...

and when u voice YOUR opinion of characters and matchups as a commentator, and tell anyone else who has a different opinion..that they're an IDIOT...

no.
commentating is NOT fine. and its not cute or funny. its being a prick.

EDIT:
they weren't paid to comment. they took a position of power and abused it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
there is such a thing as commentating in good taste. when u have humor not constantly relying on the expense of players mistakes. its just bashing.

and when u say the N word, the F word, etc...and insult people in the chat...

and when u voice YOUR opinion of characters and matchups as a commentator, and tell anyone else who has a different opinion..that they're an IDIOT...

no.
commentating is NOT fine.
agreed 100%.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Diem as a comedian was fine, as a commentator not really.

I don't dislike Diem and actually think he's pretty funny, but I get where Cyphus is coming from; a commentator needs to be to some degree respectful and respectable. Constant cynicism and insulting of others doesn't flow over too well with the "VGBootCamp enormous tournament!" vibe. To watch major matches in a major tournament and hear Diem's insults and curses at players/people in the chat, and his major views on the game...it just doesn't flow well.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Ally and M2K are on game 5 now.

M2K timed out Ally and wins.

LOLWIN
Wow, I wish I was able to watch the livestream for that. Would have been so exciting. This is just one of the MANY reasons why brawl > melee. That whole captian falcon thing with SS, darkrain, hax, and scar and getting to see SS and Darkrain BEAST in teams along with super hyped singles melee matches just CAN'T COMPARE TO THE THRILL AND EXCITEMENT OF BRAWL! TIMING OUT IN THE GRAND FINALS OF A TOURNAMENT MATCH??? MELEE DOESN'T EVEN COMPARE TO SOMETHING AS EXCITING AS THAT! OH NO! NO WAY!

DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
what happened to crews? =[
Because of people leaving for flights and just plain leaving and time there was a lack of talent/hype for crews.
USA beat EUROPE (i posted the results earlier) and after that EC and WC were supposed to go on but Mango could not get in contact with Lucky leaving them down a man. Mango tried recruiting Germ but then they decided that they didn't want to do crews.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Good stuff with the tourney.

A little disappointed NC didn't shake the building more than it did. But we made our point.:laugh:

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Wow, I wish I was able to watch the livestream for that. Would have been so exciting. This is just one of the MANY reasons why brawl > melee. That whole captian falcon thing with SS, darkrain, hax, and scar and getting to see SS and Darkrain BEAST in teams along with super hyped singles melee matches just CAN'T COMPARE TO THE THRILL AND EXCITEMENT OF BRAWL! TIMING OUT IN THE GRAND FINALS OF A TOURNAMENT MATCH??? MELEE DOESN'T EVEN COMPARE TO SOMETHING AS EXCITING AS THAT! OH NO! NO WAY!

DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT
Nice use of sarcasm, but Melee singles and doubles Grand Finals was not entertaining at all. JIGGLYPUFF DITTOS HYPE!!!

Both games had boring and amazing sets at this tournament.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
umm....MY FAVORITE PART OF POUND4 WAS WHEN HUNGRYBOX B-AIRED MANGO AND THEN MANGO B-AIRED HUNGRYBOX OMFG SOOOO HYPE

On a more related note I'm going to take Melee more seriously.

Shinku

Smash Champion
Yeah M2K was our unused man, Europe wanted him in but he was playing brawl friendlies i think, lol.

Edit: Yes he did, he layed the whoop on him.
he was doing brawl teams n singles, trying to make dat bread

umm....MY FAVORITE PART OF POUND4 WAS WHEN HUNGRYBOX B-AIRED MANGO AND THEN MANGO B-AIRED HUNGRYBOX OMFG SOOOO HYPE

On a more related note I'm going to take Melee more seriously.
yeah i was really hoping i could see mango use a spacie against hbox, instead of a jig ditto :urg:

4% APR

Smash Champion
just got home. Great tourney. Good stuff to everyone i played

did me and drephen vs ss and dark get recorded? Best set of the tourney for me.

ps-the europeans were legit, some of the coolest styles I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom