• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GofG

Smash Champion
I actually learned about this in university this year.

The probably of landing 100 tails in a row is EXACTLY AS REALISTIC as ANY of combination of possible flips.

The porbabilty off flipping any combinations of heads/tails is 100% perfectly equal to the probabilty of flipping any other combination.

|the only reason why you sound more convinced is because YOU havent chosen a set. For example, i'd Bet that i could flip 100 tails in a row only if you would bet that you could flip 55 heads and 45 tails for example. You also have to chose some combination of flips and the likelyhood of me winning is just as good as you winning. But you're stacking the deck on your side. you're saying "you get one option out of roughly a hundred thousands outcomes, i get the other thousand. fair?"

See my point? you osund convincing because you say "you cant flipp 100 tails in a row" but the reality is, flipping 100 tails is JUST AS LIKELY as flipping any other 100 flip combination.
I looked through 40 posts and no one replied to this, so I'm going to.

No. Not combination, but sequence.

There's only one sequence of flips that results in 100 tails, and that is 100 tails in a row. There are LOTS of ways to get 50 tails and 50 heads. Alternating, 50 tails then 50 heads, 3 tails 3 heads 3 tails 3 heads, randomly mixed, etc.

Because when you flip 100 coins, you are randomly selecting a SEQUENCE, not a COMBINATION, and there are MANY more sequences to 50/50 than to 100/0, there is a MUCH greater chance of getting 50 tails 50 heads than 100 tails.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Someone setup a CPU match with Mario vs Peach and they managed to do the Turnip Glitch; it was sick!

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Could someone name some US. players who constantly powershield?
Just came to my mind, I'm thinking how Over from Spain is gonna do.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I need ANYONE that can help in this thread to do me a solid favor. If any of you can somehow get in touch with "theTantalus" and tell him to p[ay attention to his phone, that be great. I been calling him to let him know I am out the door and when my bus is leaving. But he is not answering. And I have lil mins on my phone. I can't risk brning my mins then be stranded or frezzing my butt off waiting. This is his number.

1-443-605-3076

I appreciate annyone here that can help me out. Or if you can get through to plank and have him tell tant to be aware of his phone, that be cool as well. I'm gonna call him when I am an hour away, and the address where the bus will leave me is this:

5400 O'donnell Street Cutoff, Baltimore, Maryland 21224

I was gonna catch the 2:00 bus but I wanna know this dude will be paying attention to his phone. So I'll catch the 3PM bus. Someone here let me know he got the word.

TP

Smash Master
When Brawl starts... tomorrow after Melee finishes.

Lain got DQed from Melee because he was too busy "preparing" for it, from what I hear. Plank's DQed TONS of people.

:034:

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Lmao @ lain's dq. <3

Also, can someone fill me in on what's going on on the stream? I'm at work til 4 and am stuck on my crappy blackberry...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I need ANYONE that can help in this thread to do me a solid favor. If any of you can somehow get in touch with "theTantalus" and tell him to p[ay attention to his phone, that be great. I been calling him to let him know I am out the door and when my bus is leaving. But he is not answering. And I have lil mins on my phone. I can't risk brning my mins then be stranded or frezzing my butt off waiting. This is his number.

1-443-605-3076

I appreciate annyone here that can help me out. Or if you can get through to plank and have him tell tant to be aware of his phone, that be cool as well. I'm gonna call him when I am an hour away, and the address where the bus will leave me is this:

I was gonna catch the 2:00 bus but I wanna know this dude will be paying attention to his phone. So I'll catch the 3PM bus. Someone here let me know he got the word.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revven

FrankerZ
Lmao @ lain's dq. <3

Also, can someone fill me in on what's going on on the stream? I'm at work til 4 and am stuck on my crappy blackberry...
You're not really missing anything, it's round 1 of pools and the stream is covering Pool 58 which doesn't have any notable players in it (at least I know of, HBK is in the pool though).

dark.pch: I tried telling Bio (who is controlling the stream) about your situation and to tell Tantulus but, I didn't get any response (the stream is too crowded with people) and it also seems like he's helping Plank with the tourney so that's probably why he isn't answering his phone.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You're not really missing anything, it's round 1 of pools and the stream is covering Pool 58 which doesn't have any notable players in it (at least I know of, HBK is in the pool though).

dark.pch: I tried telling Bio (who is controlling the stream) about your situation and to tell Tantulus but, I didn't get any response (the stream is too crowded with people) and it also seems like he's helping Plank with the tourney so that's probably why he isn't answering his phone.
Dammit! Does anyone have planks number that can call him?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda

1-443-605-3076

Hey, I just got off the phone with Tant. What time should you be at your location? He is really busy helping Plank run the tournament.

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
TELL PLANK, THE REST OF THE WORLD IS BEGGING FOR ANNOUNCERS/UPDATERS AT THE LIVESTREAM.

PLEASE.

Its frustrating to see random matches and not knowing who is playing.
Just guessing around who is who.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
TELL PLANK, THE REST OF THE WORLD IS BEGGING FOR ANNOUNCERS/UPDATERS AT THE LIVESTREAM.

PLEASE.

Its frustrating to see random matches and not knowing who is playing.
Just guessing around who is who.
The popular belief is that everytime there's a marth, jiggs, falco or sheik, it's Mango vs M2K. Peaches are all Armada.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hey, I just got off the phone with Tant. What time should you be at your location? He is really busy helping Plank run the tournament.
Yea, he just called me. I should get to the station at 7 PM. Thanks dude. But just in case keep him updated or remind him. But he says he will be aware and meet me at the station. I will call him when I am an hour away.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
would anyone give me a quick summary what happened so far at pound4? oh and how are the europeans doin? i dont want to read xxx posts xD

Charlesz

Smash Champion
He's FAab from europe. Everyone's talking about him, and like 50 people are imitating him lololool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom