• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhats

Smash Master
No calle w or any frenchies though, shame. :<

I approve Europe vs USA. :3
no DSW, Azen, Isai, Chillin, Cort, Vidjo, Wobbles, Forward, Lambchops, Pink Shinobi...etc.

Imagine how much bigger this would have been had no one dropped out or if these guys actually went. (350 definitely)

Regardless this tourney is going to **** as all the top top players from almost every region will be there. Even Jamaica and Bahamas will be reppin', along with South America (too bad Kizzu and Walk retired), Mexico (No Mexican Twins though :( )

As realistic as it sounds there will never be a tournament where "all the big names" (old school) internationally and nationally will show up. Thats just reality I guess

But 322 + more when Plank finalizes pools for singles is flat out sick IMO. :)

strawhats

Smash Master
Brandon , SuperRad should give Tang his spot for doubles (he's a beast if you haven't seen the Wombo Combo) /sarcasm . so let Tang know if he really wants to go to this...It would be cool to see everyone team with their "true" partners (SS/Tang man).

Scar might not go either...so Tofu could get his spot.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
no DSW, Azen, Isai, Chillin, Cort, Vidjo, Wobbles, Forward, Lambchops, Pink Shinobi...etc.

Imagine how much bigger this would have been had no one dropped out or if these guys actually went. (350 definitely)

Regardless this tourney is going to **** as all the top top players from almost every region will be there. Even Jamaica and Bahamas will be reppin', along with South America (too bad Kizzu and Walk retired), Mexico (No Mexican Twins though :( )

As realistic as it sounds there will never be a tournament where "all the big names" (old school) internationally and nationally will show up. Thats just reality I guess

But 322 + more when Plank finalizes pools for singles is flat out sick IMO. :)
What players from South America are coming to this? Are they any good?

The twins won't come to America, they're not that good and they know it. They'd get *****

JPOBS

Smash Hero
VBM, are you the only one coming from jamaica or are there others?

im the only one coming from the Bahamas now cuz the other guys flopped cuz they went to winterfest and couldnt afford it >_>

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
VBM, are you the only one coming from jamaica or are there others?

im the only one coming from the Bahamas now cuz the other guys flopped cuz they went to winterfest and couldnt afford it >_>
As far as I know I'm the only one from Jamaica, but some of the best players from Trinidad will be at this and they're better than Jamaican players are(I believe some of them can get top 10 at this)

strawhats

Smash Master
i thought pink shinobi quit?

also, i think that plank should open up reg to get us to 333 :)
How do u know the exact amount it would go up to. You know something don't you. :)

VBM...who are these Trinidadian players on the list. I wanna see who they are.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Call Out Defh

Yo Defh Lets Get A Black On Black Crime Match Going Sonic Vs Falco 5 Bux Best Of 5 Sir?
And Also This Is To All Falcos Who Else Wants To Mm My Sonic 5 Bux If I Win I Get To Smack You With A Chicken Wing, So How About It ? What Other Falcos Besides Me Wanting To Play Defh Is Up To Chicken Wing Smack Money Match?

SuperRad

Smash Master
Yo Defh Lets Get A Black On Black Crime Match Going Sonic Vs Falco 5 Bux Best Of 5 Sir?
And Also This Is To All Falcos Who Else Wants To Mm My Sonic 5 Bux If I Win I Get To Smack You With A Chicken Wing, So How About It ? What Other Falcos Besides Me Wanting To Play Defh Is Up To Chicken Wing Smack Money Match?
cant even spell his name right, smh

JPOBS

Smash Hero
theres no need for vbm to"reveal" himself.

if he really is from jamaica, there will be no mistaking him by his speech i promise you that.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Yes, because all people from Jamaica speak patois. >_>
I dont know how much experience you have with carribean accents, but i promise you, a person genuinely from jamaica WILL have a very strong accent even when speaking proper english.

Unless he was like born and raised in the states and merely has ancestry in the islands. (not legit)
lol my best friend is jamaican and even in the bahamas he has a noticable accent. so to you guys VBM well stand out quite easily.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
As far as I know I'm the only one from Jamaica, but some of the best players from Trinidad will be at this and they're better than Jamaican players are(I believe some of them can get top 10 at this)
Dream on, dream on lolol.

No calle w or any frenchies though, shame. :<

I approve Europe vs USA. :3
Don't count Canada out, we have Raynex, Kirbykaze, Unknown, Blunted Object, Me, Vwins, Bam and Pkm. I think that's pretty much our strongest crew possible at this point.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I cannot wait to see the badges everyone is going to get.

Please guys do not forget to bring setups super IMPORTANTE! ( see I know spanish ^_^ ). Wii/GC are appreciated. I am helping to run this and I do not wanna be here til 10am Thursday cause people got so hyped they forgot to bring **** >_<

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Not to get into an argument or anything but for the most part you are right but even some people that were born there don't necessarily have that particular accent. Even with a strong background, you'll see this mostly in places such as montego bay and Nigril(even though it's mostly tourists lol)

I have some experience with Caribbean accents. I'm part Jamaican/St Lucian/Dominican :)

Anyway, Me and Lady Legion will **** teams at this. =D

JPOBS

Smash Hero
But are you gonna spend all day seeking him out or asking around whether anyone has heard someone using caribbean accent, JPOBS? :p
nah

im just giving input on the whole discussion about VBM registering under a secret identity.
i persoannly dont care for this either way.

Mike G:
true. We'll I know lots of jamaicans and I've been there on numerous occasions so I'm just looking at it from my knowledge of the country.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
he's right that you guys cant distinguish between carribbean accents. and by that, what he really means (from my experience) is that for some reason foreigners always assume that ALL carribbean accents sound Jamaican ^__^

ironic eh? its rather comical.

Samochan

Smash Master
Don't count Canada out, we have Raynex, Kirbykaze, Unknown, Blunted Object, Me, Vwins, Bam and Pkm. I think that's pretty much our strongest crew possible at this point.
Not to count you out. :o But 3 way crews isn't quite possible, or is it? :/

Though europe vs canada crew match should definitely be redone. >:3 If time permits ofc.

I guess pound 4 will still feature full regional crews bracket no?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Not to count you out. :o But 3 way crews isn't quite possible, or is it? :/

Though europe vs canada crew match should definitely be redone. >:3

I guess pound 4 will still feature full regional crews bracket no?
Well which is why you seperate USA into regions then? EC, South, West?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom