• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4 Brawl+ Results

Veril

Frame Savant
Lee Martin was amazing. Just letting you all know that"amazing" doesn't equate to "gonna nerf this b****". Lucario is cool. No Johns. People were complaining about Lucario's up-b not leading to special fall and grounded up-b not using your DJ or aerial up-b... which would have been more compelling if the argument had been made long ago, when that change actually was put in. At this point extreme speed is definitely awesome, but I'd need to see way more (like, several months of tourney's more) evidence to support changing him at all now.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol this game will always have people clamoring for characters to be changed lmao.

Glick

Smash Lord
I WILL ALWAYS GET 4TH. I have the ****ing curse. This is like the 4th time I've gotten 4th.
"OH GLICK YOUR DOING SO GOOD. WHAT?! IF YOU LOST RIGHT NOW YOU'D BE IN 4TH. QUICK LETS MAKE EVERYONE LEAVE SO YOU GET 4TH BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SHOW UP TOMORROW TO FINISH YOUR MATCHS"
**** you smash god. Also: **** jigglypuff dittos.
/rant

Lol this game will always have people clamoring for characters to be changed lmao.
Yeah. I agree with that. We should stay away from changing again unless it's an infinite or a lock. The metagame needs to develop. creating an artificial metagame based off who placed and who didn't is going to make this game stale.

Keep in mind that the people who did well with lucario are actually also good players. Like 12 jigglypuff mains decided to show up. Same with lucario. Honestly for the amount of jigglypuffs and the amount of **** that is located in the body of jigglypuff, I was expecting a lot more jigglypuffs to place. It all has to do with the glass cannony-ness of her. No matter how **** her rest combos are, she's still slow, has no range and the lightest character in the game. Her dash attack is PRETTY beast though. not gunna lie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~squiglysquiglysquigly

As for the tournament, I thought it was amazing. Great turnout, lots of great players entered. Boss and chu are god **** amazing at doubles. A lot of small pink balls(yes homo).

It was nice meeting you allied, next time i have a smashfest it would be cool if you showed.
thanks veril for the ride, and the cigarette.
thanks cape for housing me and driving me everywhere. Seriously you saved my ***, and you fed me delicious waffles. I owe you big time for that one.
thanks boss for ****** my team in doubles, it was really nice getting up b'd 15 times in a row.
Thanks to that guy who looked like silven with the cowboy hat on.

and thanks JC for hosting the tournament. you did a really good job even though we needed more setups and it moved kind of slow thanks to melee.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
its pretty cool that brawl+ got as big of an attendance as it did here. =P I remember a year or so ago about how (I think it was hugs or samuraipanda, i'm not sure though) who said brawl+ wouldn't get off.

heyo.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
its pretty cool that brawl+ got as big of an attendance as it did here. =P I remember a year or so ago about how (I think it was hugs or samuraipanda, i'm not sure though) who said brawl+ wouldn't get off.

heyo.

Brawl+ fapping at the speed of light.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Jiggly is not over powered at all or warrants change. He's good, but it just takes smarter play to avoid the rest combos. People aren't used to the pink balls flying around.

Lucario is also very good, but shouldn't be changed.

Veril's the project leader on this, but as I talked to him about it, there won't be any changes unless there's a major infinite or lock. The metagame has been developing since GSH2, and it will continue to do so.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Good..although Lee Martin brought out the gayest of Lucario I don't think he's OP. Leave the game alone for a few more tournies and just wait for people to adjust. We need another major plus tournament in the works btw...

Bandit

Smash Lord
Lee does play Lucario in Brawl too, so I'm sure the transition was smooth for him.

I wonder if Chibo will get another BTL going here in February or March. I know the tournament in Toronto is going to have Brawl+ but I don't know how much hype it is getting from the states.

shanus

Smash Hero
Everyone please be proactive on providing feedback, even if you are not in the WBR, etc. Don't go saying change this, change that.

Detailed, match specific feedback, and any *glaring* issues, etc.

Epic turnout though, mad hype+.

Bandit

Smash Lord
it would have been 64 if i could have found a way to go :cry:
We actually had more than 63 people wanting to play, but they came after we had already started the tournament. We made a couple announcements, but we couldn't do anything about people walking up while we are in the 2nd and 3rd rounds going "I want to play!"

Handorin

Smash Hero
This was pretty fun. It was just kinda annoying going back and forth from melee, and I never heard when B+ singles started. >_<

And I like how I played one match with Pikachu and that's what I got listed as. xD I main Ganon.

Milln

Smash Champion
Slash on Milln's account

I never used MK in singles. .-. I went all Diddy lol, but it's cool. Tourney was fun.

I'll post... more... when I get home probably.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Slash on Milln's account

I never used MK in singles. .-. I went all Diddy lol, but it's cool. Tourney was fun.

I'll post... more... when I get home probably.
It was great to have you guys out! I, personally, was unaware of the B+ scene in Tennesee. I hope you guys can make it to more or we can see you guys sometime down the road.

kirox777

Smash Apprentice
im so mad i didnt get to go :mad: i was like 55% prepared thats more then half!
when is the next big tournament like this i can look forward to?
(it has to be close to your moms house, lol i mean NY)

Veril

Frame Savant
Don't I know... :dizzy:

Veril's the project leader on this, but as I talked to him about it, there won't be any changes unless there's a major infinite or lock. The metagame has been developing since GSH2, and it will continue to do so.
Yeah, there is only one thing that people were complaining about that warranted a fix, and that's Jigglypuff's up-throw which was flat out never intended to KO like that. The fact that it can't be DIed on reaction, and if you try to DI on prediction there are 2 other KOing throws O.o

Accidents of coding are the other justification for fixes. If a move is really not working as it was intended to when we made the change, especially if the change was for a very specific reason, that would be enough. Currently there are only 2 examples of this: Jiggs up-throw which was only intended to remove the up-throw rest combo, and Zelda's neutral-b which sometimes just doesn't reflect.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Don't I know... :dizzy:

Yeah, there is only one thing that people were complaining about that warranted a fix, and that's Jigglypuff's up-throw which was flat out never intended to KO like that. The fact that it can't be DIed on reaction, and if you try to DI on prediction there are 2 other KOing throws O.o

Accidents of coding are the other justification for fixes. If a move is really not working as it was intended to when we made the change, especially if the change was for a very specific reason, that would be enough. Currently there are only 2 examples of this: Jiggs up-throw which was only intended to remove the up-throw rest combo, and Zelda's neutral-b which sometimes just doesn't reflect.
I think once people realize this is the set, there is no more nightlies, and that changes are not coming every other day that they will quiet down.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Fun tourney. Enjoyed brawl+ greatly. Too bad I played it like regular brawl sitting in my shield and trying to jump out with attacks, which got me pretty much destroyed by Dazwa.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I got people in my region to think Lucario was the best character in Brawl+.

Good to see a decent turnout for this game. Wish I could have gone.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Alright, the singles bracket is up ya whiners. I tried to fill in the last few spots but tio kept crashing, so hopefully you can figure it out. Lee Martin played Ally in grand finals, it went to last hit last stock last game of the 2nd set, sooo intense. Vids coming hopefully tomorrow. I'll start with grand finals.

Bandit

Smash Lord
JCz! I see you finally got the action going. Lee apparently came back with a vengeance. I wish I could've seen it instead of working today (seriously, who works on MLK day??).

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Correction: I didn't use Yoshi. I don't play Brawl+, so I just used whoever I felt like.

Just put me down as Random or something. >_>

:069:

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I still have to record what's saved on my Wii as well xD

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Yeah I have a set with Dazwa on someone's Wii (the one closest to the door) I really need to see WTF went wrong in the first match. So if anyone has it.. that would be pro ^_~

Also for the record, I don't think anything should be changed for a good while. I overheard a few people that weren't excessively familiar with Brawl+ and they didn't take it seriously due to the amount of changes that constantly seem to happen. You should give it some time for people to adjust and get used to the idea of Lucario being able to fly around and do w.e the hell he wants and other so called "broken" things like that. I honestly think we should let the game stay the way it is for now. As much as I hate to say it..I'm gonna have to get used to the new Marth and just learn him the way he is (not being able to double fair) and adapt.

Give people time to actually adapt to the gayness first, I think if it proves to be super super ******** then it should be considered for change and even that should be taken with a grain of salt..I mean it took vBrawl players months to get over Metaknight..so yeah, just some thought for you Brawl+ peeps. With so many Brawl+ events coming up I think it would be best if the game didn't change so much, as we all know consistency will help keep people interested, keep them learning to deal with stupid strats and will give people something to train for when the next tourney pops up instead of "nah don't worry about that anymore, they took that out"

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i dont care what anyone thinks, ppl need to watch me and puff vs ally and judge :)

also... is puffs uthrow really getting nerfed now because of this -_-

judge!

Smash Ace
lol sorry ally...i kinda suck at brawl plus XD. but w/e it was fun good shiz glick your fuggin nuts.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I wish I didn't have to fight Lee martin in my first match, but other than that it wasn't bad for my first national tournament, I still think I played ****ty especially in teams.

Revven

FrankerZ
also... is puffs uthrow really getting nerfed now because of this -_-
It's more like the thing was overdone and done incorrectly and Veril is going to fix it rather than "nerfing" it. I really dislike how though you treat this one change as something as major as a nightly Chibo... seriously...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'd appreciate it if people could send me any replays they have of tourney matches, especially singles matches. Just put them on your SD card, put them on your computer, upload them to mediafire or rapidshare or something, and PM me the link. You should be able to tell from the date and time and player tags if it was tourney.

I wish I didn't have to fight Lee martin in my first match, but other than that it wasn't bad for my first national tournament, I still think I played ****ty especially in teams.
Sorry about that man. Like I said in the OP, this tourney was really difficult to seed. At the time, I didn't know you were one of the really good TN players. No worries though, I know for next time ;) I'm glad you guys came. I hope it was a great experience.

While I'm here, I wanna give a special shoutout to Bandit, Cape, and Lobos. Without your help running the brackets and making people play their matches, I don't know if this tourney ever would've finished.

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
If I counted correctly, 15 different characters spread among the top 9.

Something went pretty ****ed right this time.

Top Bottom