• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4 Brawl+ Results

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
JCaesar you are supposed to **** in this game

win the tourney next time son
Who told you that? I'm ok but the level of talent here was insane.

I am proud though that I only lost to MD/VA players ^_^

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Sorry about that man. Like I said in the OP, this tourney was really difficult to seed. At the time, I didn't know you were one of the really good TN players. No worries though, I know for next time ;) I'm glad you guys came. I hope it was a great experience.
Well with all the chaos at pound 4, I think you did a good job all things considering. I had fun coming to this man, and meeting up with all the different smashers, like you, veril, cape, bandit, Lee Martin, nacho, and ally to name a few. The only thing that sucked was how far it was....10 hour drives suck lol

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Man I had so much fun playing with people other than TN players I would love to make it up for more B+ events. I just wish I didn't play like trash in the tournament. Sigh. Either way it was great to meet Nacho, JCaesar, TheCape, and everyone else. Im sad I didn't get to do much friendlies cause I had to go to NY on the second day.

You guys should come down to NC for Herb 3 Im almost 100% certain that All of TN Brawl+ will be going to that event as well as some of GA AL AR and MS. Make it Happen!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'd love to get down to HERB 3. I'll see if MD/VA can get a few cars to go down there for +.

Veril

Frame Savant
It's more like the thing was overdone and done incorrectly and Veril is going to fix it rather than "nerfing" it.
Puff's up-throw was an accident. So was Sonic's up-smash (which some characters automatically escape due to a coding error). These things happen, and they suck, but not correcting obvious code (rather than intention) errors is stupid and sloppy in the extreme. The change was to remove Jiggs up-throw rest combos, I will retool it to reflect that.

Getting to gold will require finding errors like this and fixing them. I promise, it'll be extremely rare. The vast majority of the cast will see no further changes.

OK. I've written a lot about the approach I'm taking to finalizing changes. Anyone who is curious should check the workshop brawl subforum.

I'd love to get down to HERB 3. I'll see if MD/VA can get a few cars to go down there for +.
Yeah, I'm gonna try and get down to that as well.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Sigh... No links, No Samuses, no Marios.... Im gonna have to represent all of them or something... Thank god someone went bowser... I would have no faith otherwise...

Edit: Great tourney otherwise so happy to see a the plus love this late in the game.. heres to another 16 months!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sigh... No links, No Samuses, no Marios.... Im gonna have to represent all of them or something... Thank god someone went bowser... I would have no faith otherwise...

Edit: Great tourney otherwise so happy to see a the plus love this late in the game.. heres to another 16 months!
Boss didn't enter but he surely would've placed high with Mario. A few players had really sick Samuses but didn't use them in tourney. I didn't see any good Links though.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
Didn't boss use mario in teams? I could swear I saw at least one match where he used him. I think he used Luigi more though.

Revven

FrankerZ
I really liked how Lee Martin displayed how Lucario mains should recover in B+. He doesn't go for the edges at all and stays high since Up B doesn't go into special fall. Pretty good combos in some matches (really liked Ally's Wario) and overall, pretty good GF thar. Now I just gotta see the matches before all of that. :p

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
exactly what happened in that match? whats wrong with jiggly's up throw?
This was the situation

Stage: FD

Chibo (Rob) Dead
Me (Jiggs) 120% 1 life
vs
Ally (Snake) 80% 1 life
Judge (Wario) 130% 1 life

I was stuck in the air with a Wario and snake below me, pretty much anything would have killed me. I make it back to the ground and avoid wario's u air, grab him u throw him and kill him off the top at 150%. Then I drill rest snake and killed him at 89% to win the game.

kirox777

Smash Apprentice
This was the situation

Stage: FD

Chibo (Rob) Dead
Me (Jiggs) 120% 1 life
vs
Ally (Snake) 80% 1 life
Judge (Wario) 130% 1 life

I was stuck in the air with a Wario and snake below me, pretty much anything would have killed me. I make it back to the ground and avoid wario's u air, grab him u throw him and kill him off the top at 150%. Then I drill rest snake and killed him at 89% to win the game.
wow well congrats to you. but i dont see whats so bad about that, jiggly is too cute for it not to be ok. im guna have to see the video sounds like a nice ending :laugh:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^fixed, thanks.

I now have all the replays from my Wii and SD card recorded, and I'll be putting them up as soon as I can get a decent internet connection.

I'm still missing tons of matches that I know got recorded though. Can people please send me the replays they have of tournament matches? Bionic, Cape, I know you guys have some matches on your Wiis.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm still missing tons of matches that I know got recorded though. Can people please send me the replays they have of tournament matches? Bionic, Cape, I know you guys have some matches on your Wiis.
I'm waiting on GIMR to swing by my house and drop off my Brawl flash drive so I can sort through and note which replays are Brawl+ and which ones are vBrawl. :dizzy:

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
wow i woulda ***** this tourney seeing finals with ally and leemartin i vomited when there was like 2mins left on the clock i woulda comboed the **** outta yall >_> learn to brawl+

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
wow i woulda ***** this tourney seeing finals with ally and leemartin i vomited when there was like 2mins left on the clock i woulda comboed the **** outta yall >_> learn to brawl+
Actually, I should have been in Grand Finals instead of Lee. I knocked him out of winners and then lost to Ally in Winners Finals. Me, Lee, and Chu made a 3 way split and since Lee was the only one who hadn't lost to Ally yet in the tourney we let him move onto the finals in hopes to get us a bigger split.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm surprised that Ganondorf didn't place very high, he's usually pretty good. (Then again ZeonStar wasn't here).
I had to play some Jiggz, 2nd round. Jiggs is still stupid.

And then I had to face a guy from my area.

=/

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
DAZWAS BRAWL+ SHOUTOUTS!

FIRST AND FOREMOST - I apologize to anyone who had to play me in the loser's bracket. It was my fault for not letting Tant know that I was participating in Melee doubles at the same time. I would've argued had the people waiting on me not played, but they had, so I couldn't ruin it for them. Very sorry.

Ally - I'm sorry for the doubles trash talk, even if you said you didn't care. I was being silly. Good job beasting singles.

Blackanese - Our sets were fun and close, and I'll try to get that $30 to you ASAP :p. Always a pleasure meeting and hanging out with you, too funny, too good.

The Cape - Not going to lie, it still blows my mind to see you actively involved in Smash again, after so long. I remember seeing you at my first tournament ever (Cataclysm 2), playing against Darc, and then never seeing you again. Yet here you are. I hope we get a chance to play B+ some day.

Chibo - Thank you for playing a large-framed character in doubles, REALLY helps out with Jigglypuff on my team :3

Chu - Gah we'll get you in doubles yet!

D1 - I REALLY thought you had my number in that game, and how I made that comeback was beyond me...it feels pretty good to finally be able to make a comeback in smash though.

Hyro - Too good in dubs, didn't see you in singles :(

LeeMartin - Really cool guy, it's a shame we're not in the same region, I think we'd be friends. With that said, ****ING **** YOOOOOOOOOOU @ game 3. FGSFDS ANFSDKNFSADLK ;_; Also, Darc and I will be ready for you in doubles, should we meet again. We've got our own secret weapon now :D

Nachos - Want to know something funny? If I played and beat Gamesystem, I would've been up against LeeMartin...the guy who beat me in losers. So let's assume I lose to him in this hypothetical loser's bracket...I'm up against you. WHY DO WE ALWAYS END UP PLAYING, EVEN IN HYPOTHETICAL UNIVERSES?!

puffster - Man your rollout usage is weird. Stop hitting me with it. Please. ;_;

Seagull - I do get to play against JJWolf, just not in Brawl+. However, switching to G&W...I actually get to practice with OBM, so I've got some experience in that matchup...I didn't say anything, of course. :chuckle:

Silven - Your Ike was really good, but playing it for 4 stocks gave me tons of learning experience for round 2, and having never played an Ike before, that seemed to tip the scales quite a bit. Fun set overall, and I feel lucky to have walked out of game 1 with the win.

Vex - My hoodie breaking your hat tower chi broke my heart.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Hey now, I still play. Also, ive been wanting to come to your tournaments, but Rayku and Biglu havent been able to come, so I havent went either.
lol then i retract my statement. You should have went to pound. Was too good. Everyone within a 9 hour distance should go to Herb for some more B+ action.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
I really want to get to a large tournament to play you guys now that the NE brawl plus scene is starting to take off. Unfortunately, herb would be over an 11 hour drive for me -___-

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
OBM, B+ @ HERB is on Friday and we plan on driving down Thursday night most likely. I'm definitely taking Thursday off from work so you could come down to MD Wednesday night if you wanted and stay at my place and cut your drive in half or more, and then ride with us down to NC. If you're interested let me know.

Puffster, I only had team matches of you and I'm putting up singles first. I'm still waiting on everyone to send me replays though. I do intend to put up every tournament replay I can find.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah Lobos but none of yours were on my Wii. I'm still working on collecting the replays from the other Wiis.

Who's Wii was next to the door? I know a lot of good matches took place on that one, and I know it wasn't mine or Cape's or Bionic's.

Top Bottom