• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Recovery Boost

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Well, as we all know, whenever Link is knocked to the corner of most stages, it's basically impossible for him to recover. As so has happened to me several times.

But, I think it's possible for Link to get a small boost more then his recovery. I'm not 100% sure about this, but when you grab a bomb right after you've received the boost from your first jump while DIing back to the stage, you get a very slight boost, again.

As I said, I'm not 100% sure about this.

Finns7

Smash Ace
It seems like you do and I find that throwing a bomb backwards as you move forward boost's you also...Also pm me your infos, It may take a day or two for me to get on because of football but ill pm you. Do you go on allisbrawl?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
It seems like you do and I find that throwing a bomb backwards as you move forward boost's you also...Also pm me your infos, It may take a day or two for me to get on because of football but ill pm you. Do you go on allisbrawl?
All you really need is my Brawl F/c, which is in my profile. Yes, I do go on Allisbrawl.

sasook

Smash Champion
@Finns7: Well, wouldn't it be impractical to throw the bomb away? If you're too far to make it back with one spin, pray for the explosion that gives you a second, no?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
@Finns7: Well, wouldn't it be impractical to throw the bomb away? If you're too far to make it back with one spin, pray for the explosion that gives you a second, no?
You would know weather the bomb would explode or not.

Izaw

Smash Ace
The best you can do is just to try to get very, very good DI actually :/

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Well, you are still able to DI after and during the boost.
Hmm... either I'm reading this wrong or you're not getting what DI is.

DI = altering your master trajectory when getting hit by a move by inputting a direction on the control stick or Cstick, not basic airiel control.

Just pointing it out incase you actually didn't know. D:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Hmm... either I'm reading this wrong or you're not getting what DI is.

DI = altering your master trajectory when getting hit by a move by inputting a direction on the control stick or Cstick, not basic airiel control.

Just pointing it out incase you actually didn't know. D:
I know what DI is. I know alot more then you do.

Shall I remind you of your 3-0 loss?

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I know what DI is. I know alot more then you do.

Shall I remind you of your 3-0 loss?
Shall I remind you that you're a liar and an arrogant *******? Not to mention you have no proof while I do. Also not to mention that certain people argee with me *cough* Arkive*. Also also not to mention that you're phsycologically ********; considering that you first approached me in the beginning already showing no respect and have yet to. Also also also, not to mention that I could totally post up that incredibly rude PM you sent me. Also also also also, if you do know what DI is, then A) why did your other post reflect that you don't and B) why do you feel the need to attack me when all I did was post a meager hearted reply hoping to let you know what DI is in the case that you hadn't (further examination refers to point A in that you had shown you don't) that wasn't insulting in any way shape or form?

You need to grow up and stop spreading rotten ideas. If you cannot preform this, I feel confident to say that not one of us here would be sad to see you leave.

sasook

Smash Champion
Um, yeah.....

I'm not trying to take sides, but Kalm, from what I've recently seen with you and blubba/Linkspec, you've been acting like a bit of a jerk. I like your Link, I respect you, but I'm just requesting maybe if you could tone it down on the rudeness?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Shall I remind you that you're a liar and an arrogant *******? Not to mention you have no proof while I do. Also not to mention that certain people argee with me *cough* Arkive*. Also also not to mention that you're phsycologically ********; considering that you first approached me in the beginning already showing no respect and have yet to. Also also also, not to mention that I could totally post up that incredibly rude PM you sent me. Also also also also, if you do know what DI is, then A) why did your other post reflect that you don't and B) why do you feel the need to attack me when all I did was post a meager hearted reply hoping to let you know what DI is in the case that you hadn't (further examination refers to point A in that you had shown you don't) that wasn't insulting in any way shape or form?

You need to grow up and stop spreading rotten ideas. If you cannot preform this, I feel confident to say that not one of us here would be sad to see you leave.
You seriously have a huge temper. Try and calm down. You won't and don't scare me with that attitude.

As for "proof" I have plenty, that will make you shut up.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
You seriously have a huge temper. Try and calm down. You won't and don't scare me with that attitude.

As for "proof" I have plenty, that will make you shut up.
If you have your "proof" then show it already and stop making crap up. It's not a temper, it's called stating the facts to make you out for who you are. It's not to scare you; my argument is aiming towards my audience, the other Link mains here who agree with me, which is currently a lot.

And if you dare put up some fake match, (because I remember one and only one match of you winning, and that was at the silly ridiculous Norfair match, and it was by no means anywhere near a 3 stock on either side) there will be punishment, I garantee that to you.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
If you have your "proof" then show it already and stop making crap up. It's not a temper, it's called stating the facts to make you out for who you are. It's not to scare you; my argument is aiming towards my audience, the other Link mains here who agree with me, which is currently a lot.

And if you dare put up some fake match, (because I remember one and only one match of you winning, and that was at the silly ridiculous Norfair match, and it was by no means anywhere near a 3 stock on either side) there will be punishment, I garantee that to you.
You're so persistent.

Stating facts or not, you still showed your ******** temper.

If you know that I didn't beat you, then why panic? I haven't 3 stocked you, and I won't put up some fake match. I was looking for something about you, and I got it.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
You're so persistent.

Stating facts or not, you still showed your ******** temper.

If you know that I didn't beat you, then why panic? I haven't 3 stocked you, and I won't put up some fake match. I was looking for something about you, and I got it.
Panic? That's a colorful word to call it. Maybe I'm just still trying to get you to stop being so mean such as from the first time you ever communicated with me.

As for showing temper, I still don't get how you're even seeing any. D:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Panic? That's a colorful word to call it. Maybe I'm just still trying to get you to stop being so mean such as from the first time you ever communicated with me.

As for showing temper, I still don't get how you're even seeing any. D:
I've just seen the second part of your attitude right now, actually I should put it as; we all have, or a certain someone else has.

Quite depressing.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I've just seen the second part of your attitude right now, actually I should put it as; we all have.

Quite depressing.
You don't put up a real argument, all you do is sling mud and attempt to provoke. You put up retorts and refutations that don't ever pertain to the subject at hand or for that matter even make sense.

You ask why am I so persistant, and yet you continue replying just as much.

I'm done with this sillyness for today at the very least. You can continue to act as rude as you do and we'll find out just how far it gets you. I'm sure this will be collaborated on. Have a nice day.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I have already agreed with the subject. Why would I create more arguments for absolutely no reason? As I said before, I got what was needed. You may call this a pre planned "argument".

Finns7

Smash Ace
Sasook I do use bombs to protect myself and boomerang, im just saying if you throw the bomb in the opposite direction that your headed you get a small boost. I do this on stage sometimes to initiate the craq walk/pivot dash (forgot which one...the ariel one) easier.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Lol Kennahh, yeah pretty much. x]

So basically this idea is like Newton's law of "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction"?

Throw bomb ---> and it's mass moving that way will help you move <---? lol

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Lol Kennahh, yeah pretty much. x]

So basically this idea is like Newton's law of "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction"?

Throw bomb ---> and it's mass moving that way will help you move <---? lol
Basically. But I do think that taking out a bomb in your first jump will give you more of a boost.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Thanks but no thanks.

I myself find that DI will work better.

Also I will never jump too far offstage just to pull out a bomb.

That leaves me only with spin attack to recover.

I will need AND WANT my second jump when my opponent attempts go gimp me.

With the availability of having a second jump as you near the stage, you have more options and therefore it is harder to predict your movement and gimp.

D

Deleted member

if your DI doesn't suck my balls you should never be in the bottom corners (unless your sh*t gets gimped)

but yea this doesn't give you an extra boost, it just gives the illusion that you do

@flamewar - i'm telling you kalm, work on your attitude lol. even if you do end up somehow being a good link player nobody will listen to you cause of your image of being a total douche lol

/thread

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Some people seem to be way to aggressive in the way they post.
that ain't aggression...that's full on fact (well referring to what arkive stated). People who have massive skill but a rotten attitude are never well respected...
O well let's leave all this behind! As much as I love viewing online flames as hot as said, I don't like seeing the Link community fighting each other even more (especially when we could be kicking the arses of other smash characters!!!!) :)

Dyyne

Smash Ace
^^ If you're trying to say that he is being hypocritical by saying "get a life", then you're wrong, because that't not what he said at all. Suggesting to get a perspective about life is completely different from saying "get a life". Assuming that's what you thought he said. If you knew what he meant, then your post just doesn't even make sense because having a number of posts is irrelevant to what he said.

Top Bottom