• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new AT all chars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this already exists under another name
but me and a friend Called it IDAW (Instant Dash Attack Walking)
When preformed properly allows you never enter the run animation frames and go straight into the dash attack frames doesn't save you much time but every little bit helps. Some are better then others due to move dedication and lag recovery but it does allow you to surprise an enemy or go from a dash attack straight into another dash attack some characters can't but some can. Z-Suit can lock someone for 4-6 hits. useful for snake merely for moving around quickly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLYa3uNpQ_M

Sorry For quality was observing frames in flash and just exported from there so compression occured

kr3wman

Smash Master
If I'm reading this right, you're talking about canceling a Dash attack into a Dash Attack?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Is it like just moving your control stick really fast back and then forward? >_>
It's pretty easy.

K 2

Smash Lord
how do you perform this?

Is this just control stick over and c-stick down? That's how you do an instant dash attack...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This has been know for awhile and, like you said, it's really useful for a few characters like ZSS and Link. For most characters, it increases the speed at which you do a dash attack. To do it, you push down on the c-stick while running and you can go into another dash attack as soon as the first one is done if you use the c-stick instead of A.

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
Actually i press forward on the Diag+shield then as fast as possible forward on the C-stick but my controls are different then most peoples...

The new youtube uploader doesn't say my progress sigh...

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
He may have idk thats y i said possible :p maybe i just found a different way to do it

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
You can achieve this by missing a stutter step smash. It's all timing......

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
What's that horrible, horrible music.
It was from a time without soulja boy....back when music was good. the song is just funny and happy go lucky guess you have to drink alot to get it...trust me its great song when you've been drinking....try listening to the occasional song not from America...theres more to music then soulja boy...if you call that music that is...

brinboy789

Smash Champion
how exactly do you do this? do you just dash and then immediately press A, fast enough so that it appears to immediately dash, and not too fast so thats its a stutterstep?

kr3wman

Smash Master
It was from a time without soulja boy....back when music was good. the song is just funny and happy go lucky guess you have to drink alot to get it...trust me its great song when you've been drinking....try listening to the occasional song not from America...theres more to music then soulja boy...if you call that music that is...
I hate Soulja Boi and this is still ****ing crap.

Don't try to do the whole 'Back when music was good' Yes, there was a time when music was good, but everyone knows every music period had its bad music.

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
2:48 to 2:50 is pretty funny

"aren't you just buffering a new dash in the ending frames of the original dash?" for some character yes....others its timing

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Don't assume everything we listen is soulja boy.

Also, you're just doing multiple instant dash attacks. Absolutely useless.

Tenki

Smash Hero
how exactly do you do this? do you just dash and then immediately press A, fast enough so that it appears to immediately dash, and not too fast so thats its a stutterstep?
how do you perform this?

Is this just control stick over and c-stick down? That's how you do an instant dash attack...

you're just doing multiple instant dash attacks. Absolutely useless.
lol I thought so.

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
Dash+Cstick forward at same time my c sticks is set to attack not smash though for tilts and half jumps so i can pull off wolfs super combo lol (it makes you do a half jump if u tap it during move dedication
IDAW x3->Utilt->Utilt->half jump Dair->AAA/F tilt->blaster
really after the Dair theres a bunch you can do...
How I do it...
Diag->over Cstick->Diag->over Cstick->Diag->over Cstick->Up Cstick->Up C stick->Up C stick During last move to jump->down Diag+A->double tap down->AAA/over C stick->Nuetral B
To me thats not useless its quite a bit of damage without a chance for recovery...but w/e

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
Do we need to point out things that are this obvious?... I've been doing this since day 3...
well Maybe some people didnt know about it :p its not written anywhere...that i could see

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This is the instant dash attack, performed best by hitting forward on the control stick and down on the C-stick. Its an integral piece to many different ATs, and an extremely useful command to know for quite a few characters. And yes, it was discovered around the release of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom