• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible interest in a Nintendo X Capcom fighter A MUST READ.

GodlyOwnage

Smash Rookie
If it plays like smash bros and has Capcom characters them I'm all for it. I have died for Megaman X and Zero to be in Smash since game one. X verses Samas would be great @_@

And for God's sake bring Roy back...and that green haired chick that was an assist trophy should come with him :D

Capcom need: Ryu, Chun-LI, Bison, Ibuki (since C-viper got into MvC3 which is so uncool) Jill :D
Megaman original and Bass, X and zero....and others that I'm too lazy to post. Pretty much whatever isn't going in mvc3 should be in This game. Capcom is making so much $_$

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He's also claimed he worked indefinitely harder on Melee than Brawl.
Only because he worked on Melee for 13 months straight with no vacations and averaged about four hours of sleep a night through the whole thing. :laugh: He worked hard to make the deadline for the launch window because Nintendo was pretty much dead in the water with just Luigi's Mansion and Wave Race Blue Storm at launch.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He wasn't referring to that, but the mechanics of the game. Despite popular belief, it turns out everything in Melee (not counting balance of course) was all planned out. Even wavedashing was known about. He made a game as deep as Melee, and he chose not to do so with Brawl.

TeitiTT

Smash Rookie
They could make 2 games (one produced by Nintendo with Smash Bros. Melee (Not probably)/Brawl engine and the other produced by Capcom with SSFIV/MvC2/any other engine).

The Capcom game with characters from Nintendo like Link, Ike, Marth, Ganondorf, Samus etc etc etc with the traditional 2D fighting Capcom roster.

The Nintendo game with characters from Capcom like Amaterasu, Arthur, Viewtful Joe, Megaman, Servbot, Zack (and maybe some characters from Red Earth and Power Stone would fit nice) with the rest of SSB roster.

But this is nearly impossible it's only what I want to happen... =P

Probably they will put only the main characters from Nintendo's Franchises with the SF roster in a single game with a new engine.

Of course supposing this is not Fake and that Nintendo will accept the proposal...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I could totally see the collaboration happening.

I could maybe see a seperate version for both the 3DS and the Wii.

It's vaguely possible that one game would be with a smash engine and one with a SF/MvC/etc engine.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Some more rivalry ideas

Mega Man series vs. Mario series, you can seriously have straight up 1-on-1s with most of the main cast from those 2 franchises:
Mega Man vs. Mario-company mascots
Proto Man vs. Luigi-the other brothers
Roll vs. Peach-token females
Rush vs. Yoshi-rideable pet sidekicks
Bass vs. Wario-dopplegangers
Dr. Wily vs. Bowser in his SMW clown thing-flying saucer battle

Captain N vs. Captain Commando-captains of their respective companies

Link vs. Ryu (BoF)
The Breath of Fire series was an old RPG series of Capcom's with a protagonist comparable to Link.
Zelda vs. Nina-The princesses of those series

Krystal vs. Felicia-literal catfight :3

Pikachu vs. Felyne (Monster Hunter)-monster mascots

Captain Falcon vs. Viewtiful Joe

Chun-Li vs. Samus-the leading women of gaming

Ryu vs. Little Mac-champion fighters

Alexandra (Eternal Darkness) vs. Jill Valentine-survival horror leads

UberMario

Smash Master
If they added these two characters:

Game Freak's Pulseman

Capcom's Megaman Geo Stellar

I'd laugh so hard if their "stories" involved them calling each other out for stealing the other's outfit idea.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I would totally buy this, but only if it was in the style of Smash. That's really the only way I see it working.

Kirby with a life bar doesn't roll for me.

The World Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Keep Sakurai away from fighting games. He'll probably add random falling so Ryu can fail a tatsumaki every now and then. Damn that Sakurai and his feelings sensitive mentality.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'm super biased that this should be made like smash. Except, Sakurai is gonna have to drop his nutsack and make it a real man's game again.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Or at the very least, not go out of his way to make it non-competitive. I mean, was dashdancing really that broken he had to add random tripping?

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Some people suggested that the game should be playable in two different modes; one under Street Fighter mechanics, and the other under Smash mechanics.

DO THAT

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
He wasn't referring to that, but the mechanics of the game. Despite popular belief, it turns out everything in Melee (not counting balance of course) was all planned out. Even wavedashing was known about. He made a game as deep as Melee, and he chose not to do so with Brawl.
I don't think he did say it was planned as such, tin the interview he said the game was sharply made but I'm not sure if he said that specific things were planned or which weren't

Some people suggested that the game should be playable in two different modes; one under Street Fighter mechanics, and the other under Smash mechanics.

DO THAT
This.

I do love street fighter but honestly I really like how Smash bros. made the button and attack inputs a lot simpler even if Street fighter ones aren't that hard.

Kroitz

Smash Rookie
Pfft that would sure be something if this ever happened plus community clashes

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Pfft that would sure be something if this ever happened plus community clashes
A community clash would be awesome! Maybe then, the SF community will have respect for Smash.

I have a feeling they're gonna make sort of a new engine for Nintendo X Capcom. Smash's controls are already simplified enough. So blending TvC with Smash wouldn't be much of a stretch.

I imagine, no, I hope the art style on the capcom side is similar to Pocket Fighters. It just fits in with the odd character proportions of many nintendo characters. It also makes the mood of the game less heavy. MvC crossovers tend to be dark and serious, especially MvC3. "Save The Earth!" Really? What if I just want to whoop some ***. I gotta save the Earth too?

Anyway, the chibi style of Pocket Fighters just seems to fit with Nintendo's whole art style. Nintendo's characters would lose something if they tried to make things fit with Capcom's overall art style.

If they choose to leave them as they are, I would be fine with that too! My Akuma has no problem busting up "cute" little people.

But, I'm really hoping for a Pocket Fighter style Capcom vs. Melee style Nintendo.

Pocket Fighter Combo Exhibition. Check it out.

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
If they did this, but sold two different versions, 1 being with the SF Engine, and the other being the SSB engine, now THAT would be amazing... I couldn't do the SF Engine though..... Too loyal and used to the Smash bros

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
I just realised if NvC was like Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ridley could make it as a megaweight like Gold Lightan. This better happen.

TurnOneWrath

Smash Cadet
This sounds neat, but it could very well be a disaster. I'm an avid player of MvC and Smash, but the two have vastly different systems that don't cross over very well. Do we give Mario a light, medium, and strong attack that uses three different buttons, or do we truncate Ryu's uppercut to simply up-B?

Putting characters like Megaman into MvC was easier because he was never a part of a fighting system with it's own game. The same is true for Snake in SSBB. If the game is made at Capcom (which I would prefer to prevent the risk of "THIS CRAP IS EVEN EASIER BRAWL!" (this could happen)), then they are likely to throw out the Smash system. I'm not sure how most would feel about that, but it wouldn't kill the game by itself. On the other hand, they could try to cross the two, which I don't see going over very well.

I would definitely get it if Capcom takes it and puts their system behind it. I would seriously question the game if Nintendo was heavy handed in it. I would like to see Mario with a MvC-esque move set, but I don't want to see Ryu killing off goombas in a sidescrolling story mode.

FIREL

Smash Ace
This sounds neat, but it could very well be a disaster. I'm an avid player of MvC and Smash, but the two have vastly different systems that don't cross over very well. Do we give Mario a light, medium, and strong attack that uses three different buttons, or do we truncate Ryu's uppercut to simply up-B?

Putting characters like Megaman into MvC was easier because he was never a part of a fighting system with it's own game. The same is true for Snake in SSBB. If the game is made at Capcom (which I would prefer to prevent the risk of "THIS CRAP IS EVEN EASIER BRAWL!" (this could happen)), then they are likely to throw out the Smash system. I'm not sure how most would feel about that, but it wouldn't kill the game by itself. On the other hand, they could try to cross the two, which I don't see going over very well.

I would definitely get it if Capcom takes it and puts their system behind it. I would seriously question the game if Nintendo was heavy handed in it. I would like to see Mario with a MvC-esque move set, but I don't want to see Ryu killing off goombas in a sidescrolling story mode.
Exactly, so this will never work and/or turn well.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I would rather have SSB versus Street Fighter, but this works also. Seeing as how Street Fighter X Tekken are in the making, however, and Marvel v Capcom 3 is like, now, I doubt they would make another fighting crossover. But seeing as they're already doing it to two games with conflicting physics, I don't think this would be impossible either. To me, though, unlikely. But, if they could somehow hybrid melee play with SSF4 play, I'd buy it IMMEDIATLY. I'm hoping for this, but I don';t think it's possible.

T.testLP

Smash Cadet
I just realized, Akuma vs. Metaknight CAN happen! Since Akuma and Metaknight both seek to defeat the strongest fighters, (Akuma roams the world Shun Goku Satsuing worthy fighters and Metaknight searched out the universe's greatest fighter, and won) a match between them is possible even without much competitive knowledge.

Phoxhound

Smash Cadet
Baltimore, MD (in a worm hole during summers)
3DS FC
2707-1679-3227
perhaps retain similar controls to the MvC series but have smash based stages? with a focus on ring-out instead of knock-out. this would further entail that the development is primarily left to capcom with some influence from nintendo.

Jonas

Smash Champion
I imagine, no, I hope the art style on the capcom side is similar to Pocket Fighters. It just fits in with the odd character proportions of many nintendo characters.
Odd characters like

Captain Falcon
Peach
Marth
Roy
Ike
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Link
Ganondorf
Sheik