• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible interest in a Nintendo X Capcom fighter A MUST READ.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It was probably a mod. I've seen a video of Ryu with Mario colors along with Peach-Sakura, Zelda-Chun, and Ganon-Gen.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
He's also claimed he worked indefinitely harder on Melee than Brawl.
So if Sakurai actually TRIES this'll end up ****ing amazing.
The impression I got from his quote was that he worked infinitely harder on Melee because he knew he would never get the chance accomplish anything of its calibur again.

If Sakurai believes he'll never come close to what Melee was again, who are we to disagree?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
2) Adult Link OoT
Possible, just because Oot remake will be coming out for the 3DS eventually. Which btw, just got's it's us release date and pricing!

Chaos Swordsman

Smash Apprentice
Not only does this have the potential to be one of the greatest fighting games ever, but it could bridge the troll-infested gap between us and other fighting game fans.

This NEEDS to happen. PERIOD.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
I wonder who would pick characters. Sure Capcom butchered the Marvel Roster in MvC 3, but Capcom is a bit more liberal with characters like that Okami wolf, Arthur and even considering Phoenix Wright in TvC. On the other hand, Nintendo hasn't messed up their rosters badly but I get a feeling they'll be very stiff and we probably will see characters that have only been in Smash...

I just hope they at least put in an Advance Wars rep, maybe Andy because it would be pretty awesome seeing a Megatank in someone's Hyper Combo / Final Smash thingy (I'm not sure on the name).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Marvel decided the Marvel half for MvC3, if I recall.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think Nintendo would do an excellent job at choosing a roster. When I think of the Smash roster i think of a certain criteria for the roster. Certain amount of slots for certain games ect. On top of this you wouldn't have franchises that weren't dead at the making of SSB hold down the roster for Melee and Brawl. Dead franchises could be left out all together. I would expect to see something like this:

3-4 Mario
2-3 Zelda
2-3 Pokemon
1-2 Metriod
1-2 StarFox
1-2 Fire Emblem

Then like seven or eight single character franchises. It could end up looking different from smash.

Life

Smash Hero
Not only does this have the potential to be one of the greatest fighting games ever, but it could bridge the troll-infested gap between us and other fighting game fans.

This NEEDS to happen. PERIOD.
QFT. If it's sufficiently good, Brawl and Melee as well... nah, that'll never happen :p

IYM!

Smash Lord
IMO, these are the characters than nintendo must put into this game, this, of course, is subject to change, is only an opinion...

MarioBros:

Mario: He is the pet of nintendo, so is an obligation put him in the Game

Luigi: Mario's brother, enought reason, will be interesant see him fighting agains Ken, the original 2P character of StreetFighter (ST)

Peach: she is the princess of the mushroom kindom, she is the reason for all the adventures of the plumber

Bowser: The Villian number one of Mario bros, his participation is obligatory

Mario'partners

Yoshi: He is Very important in many adventures of Mario, he also has gain very much popularity, he must apear

Wario: He also has his fans, so will be interestant see him, at least how a secret character

DrMario: maybe he isnt so popular, but at least, will be nice see him as an alternative custom for Mario

DK series

Donkey Kong: He is the hero, and the principal character, his participation is obligatory

Diddy kong: He is the most important partner of the saga, he must apear

The Legend of Zelda

Link: Like Mario, or DK, he is a very important character for nintendo, he must fight for nintendo in this game

Zelda/Sheik: She is the princess, enouhg reason, about Shiek, he also is an interesting character

Ganondorf: He is the principal villian, he must apear

how a side note, would be cool see, the OoT incarnation forf these 3. I am not saying this for preferences or anyting like that. the reason is the fact tham, they are the original Zelda's character at apear in Smash bros, also OoT is one (or the most) of the most important Zelda in the saga.

Toon Link: i dont like him, but he must apear too, WW also is an important game, an this link have many incarnations too (minish cap, four sword, NdS zeldas)

Pokemon

Pikachu: he is the most important pokemon and beteran in smash, he must apear

jigglipuff: to be honest i dont know wy she apear in smash, but she have an important place in our Smasher heart, also she is a beteran, so she must apear

Pt/Lucario: the pokemon Characters in smash always are controlled by the popularuty and the seasons. Melee born in the 2001, in that year, Mewtwo was the powerfull character of turn, so that is why he apear. but brawl is in 2008, and lucario is the important pokemon, so that was why Mew2 didnt apear. i dont know much about pokemon, so i wont say something

Metroid

Samus: the solitary bounty hunter and one of the important character of nintendo, she must apear, not only for her reputation, also for being a beteran in smash and nintendo

Starfox

Fox: he is the principal character, he must apear

Falco: he have alot of popularity, in Starfox games and in Smash, he must apear

Kristal: Smash arent have very much women representation, so see her in this new game will be cool

Wolf: he is an important villian

Kirby sagas

Kirby, King DDD, metaknight: if Sakurai will have participation in this game... it gonna be obious see these 3 in the game

F-zero

C Falcon: How i can say it.... HE IS FALCON, HE MUST APEAR

Samurai Goroh: he is the rival of Falcon, and have a nice popularity in the saga, also, is a beteran in F-Zero

Fire Emblem

i dont know much about fire emblem, the only characters than i know are Marth Roy Ike, so i wont talk about this game, but at least, one of those 3 must reprecentate their saga

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
^ Holy hell it's like reading everyone's terrible predictions before Brawl came out again.
*cough* wiseguy *cough*

Smash characters use Smash controls and Capcom characters use MvC contr... no, that's a terrible idea.

So now Ryu can fight Mario and Ken can fight Marth? Get hyped.
Giving "Ken Combo" a whole new meaning.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, this degraded into the next SSB4 thread real quickly. Was inevitable I suppose.

@Kitamerby
Most of the Capcom characters aren't that big. The only Nintendo characters that would noticeably need a resize are the Kirby characters, most of the Pokemon characters, and Olimar. And it doesn't matter if most of the Nintendo characters haven't been in a traditional fighter save for Link and possibly Samus. There's a first time for everything.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
Marvel decided the Marvel half for MvC3, if I recall.
I keep on hearing how Capcom 'ruined' the Roster for Marvel so...

@IYM! Sounds too much like Brawl. And why Starfox? The series hasn't had a game in ages...

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
If such a game is to be a reality, I wouldn't mind if the Nintendo side of the roster is this.
(25 characters)

Super Mario
Mario
Luigi
Bowser

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy/Dixie (tag team)

Yoshi
Yoshi

Wario Ware/Land
Wario

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik (two for one character)
Ganondorf

Pokemon
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Lucario

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede

Metroid
Samus

Starfox
Fox
Wolf

Pikmin
Olimar

F-Zero
Captain Falcon

Golden Sun
Isaac or Matthew

Mother
Ness or Lucas

Kid Icarus
Pit

Fire Emblem
Marth

Game & Watch
Mr. Game & Watch

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Let's keep this thread on track people keep your SSB4 stuff in that thread. For all we know this a spinoff crossover for smash and we don't know if the game will use the fighting engine.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about whether they might do a rivals thing like in MvC3 and I came up with this:

Ryu - Mario
Major mascots for their companies and use fireballs

Luigi - Frank West
Unlikely heroes (plumber and journalist) that have to deal with the dead (ghosts and zombies)

Link - Amateratsu
Both are silent protagonists and have fairies of sorts that speak for them (also Link has been a wolf before and Ammy is a wolf thing...)

Donkey Kong - Mike Haggar
Both are semi famous and have been involved with more major characters (Haggar was in Final Fight which also got involved with Street Fighter, and Donkey Kong was the antagonist for the original Jumpman).

Metaknight - Akuma
Both are absurdly overpowered characters and are rivals to their series' mascot (Akuma to Ryu and Metaknight to Kirby)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Well, this degraded into the next SSB4 thread real quickly. Was inevitable I suppose.

@Kitamerby
Most of the Capcom characters aren't that big. The only Nintendo characters that would noticeably need a resize are the Kirby characters, most of the Pokemon characters, and Olimar. And it doesn't matter if most of the Nintendo characters haven't been in a traditional fighter save for Link and possibly Samus. There's a first time for everything.
No, I mean that the physical statures of the characters will probably lead to issues.

Mario's body shape looks like this.

Ryu's looks like this.

See where I'm going with this? There're going to be some weird problems in a genre generally based on human-shaped characters, you know?

Nearly all of Capcom's characters are human-shaped. The ones that aren't were generally made at half-human height in the crossover games.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That really shouldn't matter. If Fire Emblem characters, Snake, and Zamus can work fine in a Smash setting, who's to say cartoony characters like the Mario or Starfox characters can't work in a vs. Capcom environment?

And Ammy's height is like a third of Thor's.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
That really shouldn't matter. If Fire Emblem characters, Snake, and Zamus can work fine in a Smash setting, who's to say cartoony characters like the Mario or Starfox characters can't work in a vs. Capcom environment?

And Ammy's height is like a third of Thor's.
^ Good point. Also notice that Olimar's apparently the size of a pinto bean, yet they scaled his size to fit with Brawl's environment. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and other characters had this same issue. In fact, look at Bowser: One minute, he's about twice the size of Mario in Super Mario Bros 3, then he's the size of an apartment building in Super Mario Sunshine. I'm sure they'll find ways to make the scaling work.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can't believe I forgot this, Arthur is roughly the same size as Viewtiful Joe.

Really, guys, the "too big/too small" argument has been around for four years. There are still people clinging to this?

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Y'know ShinRyoga (of MUGEN fame)'s SuperMario? Yeah, something like that would be AWESOME.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I'd love to see this come to flourish

I'd prefer it go the traditional fighter route to take Sakurai outta the equation entirely tbh
Sakurai's shown with melee that he CAN make a really good fighter if he really tries, with smash he's said he doesn't want to (or need to really), but if this ever comes to fruition, we can hope that he'll once again do his best to make a good fighter. Whether or not he's willing to work on a traditional fighter is questionable though.

REL38

Smash Lord
Sakurai's shown with melee that he CAN make a really good fighter if he really tries, with smash he's said he doesn't want to (or need to really), but if this ever comes to fruition, we can hope that he'll once again do his best to make a good fighter. Whether or not he's willing to work on a traditional fighter is questionable though.
He's always heavily emphasizes casual play

Mixing that with cross-over fighters that usually favor competitive play doesn't seem to pan out very well

Frankly, I don't see much reason to include Sakurai in this

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
MvC3
SSF4 Arcade
Capcom X Tekken
Nintendo X Capcom

Seems like a lot. Capcom is doing work.