• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible interest in a Nintendo X Capcom fighter A MUST READ.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
http://30ninjas.com/blog/ono-apologizes-for-nintendo-x-capcom-rumors

Anyone have thoughs on this?

Someone mentioned that there should be two modes, one with the SSB engine and one with SF engine.

Are you forgeting the two games Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter in developement? Two games, the same idea, seperate engines.

IF for some crazy reason this game happened, the seperate engines is possible.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm surprised people actually took his words as an official announcement. I always thought of it as Ono saying something like "yeah that would be kind of cool," much like people on message boards were already doing.
same here, I never once thought it was going to happen. Nor did I see this as anything more then what you described. Besides, the game wouldn't work. It just.... wouldn't. Having it on a smash engine is weird. And having it on the SF engine is even weirder! I'm not saying it couldn't work. But the chances of it being bad are pretty great.

Life

Smash Hero
Of course, now that this has all happened, the idea is planted in the back of their heads and maybe we'll see a NvC game in the distant future. But not soon, eh?

Remember the golden rule of business: if the dollars work out, they'll do it

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
same here, I never once thought it was going to happen. Nor did I see this as anything more then what you described. Besides, the game wouldn't work. It just.... wouldn't. Having it on a smash engine is weird. And having it on the SF engine is even weirder! I'm not saying it couldn't work. But the chances of it being bad are pretty great.
Oh seriously. Is it that hard to imagine Nintendo Characters in a traditional fighter?

We shouldn't just give up and scrub this, yet. I still say it has potential.

Top Bottom