• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popular games that you dislike?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
In Halo's defense the game is definitely fun in a casual setting with familiar faces, like most games but if you make it serious it will suck because auto aim, aim assist and hit detection will screw you over one way or another.

I used to really like Halo but after playing shooters on the PC it doesn't strike me as it did before.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I like Call of Duty 4 but i also hate Call of duty 4. Its WAY TO ****ING EASY. Comon where's my terrible recoil and large gunshots! I want to see the guy's arm get blown off by a 14mm(CoD W@W: PTRS-41) and not a 12mm(CoD4 MW:M82 .50)...

Illomatic

Smash Apprentice
hmm, um, i guess i'd have to say final fantasy and call of duty
cod is fun, but i prefer halo. imo, halo is still the best, but thats just me ;)
um a lot of games listed already are actually good, but i could lean to some being overrated

Puddin

Smash Lord
I might have to add every game to ever "grace" the 360 with it's holy and divine presence. Halo and Gears of War are over-hyped by fans looking for something to brag about, and overrated as well whereas in most attempts to call a Halo Fan Elitist out on Halo's flaws your response from said fan will be "Go back to Mario, ***" following a joke about the Wii's name,most notably from 13 year old boys on Xbox Live.

Possibly something about the PS3 if that's what your into in which case the response might look something like this "Shut up, the 360 actually has games on it, ***" although that argument became invalid the day MGS4 was released and now Konami has announced it hates 360 fans and will be releasing it's next MGS installment on the ipod touch, yes.

Please not how they cannot go one sentence without using the word "***"

I hate to turn this into a 360 hate thread/flame war but I dislike most games on the 360 at the moment. Save Banjo Kazooie but that is getting average reviews anyway.

M.K

Level 55
I can't get myself to play the Metroid games. I'm sure they are great games to those who are interested, but the controls of Prime 3 were....hard :/ I got through the first part and had to fight some....thing, and I couldn't hit it worth ****.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I can't get myself to play the Metroid games. I'm sure they are great games to those who are interested, but the controls of Prime 3 were....hard :/ I got through the first part and had to fight some....thing, and I couldn't hit it worth ****.
Are you referring to Corruption? I really hope you are not comparing the controls of a Wii shooter to those of a 2D platforming game from the late 80's.

M.K

Level 55
Are you referring to Corruption? I really hope you are not comparing the controls of a Wii shooter to those of a 2D platforming game from the late 80's.
Yes, Corruption.

I know them as Prime 1, 2, and 3.

It's Prime, Echoes, and Corruption, right? Yeah, those three.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Yes, Corruption.

I know them as Prime 1, 2, and 3.

It's Prime, Echoes, and Corruption, right? Yeah, those three.
I'm asking how you can play a FPS and judge it's 2D platforming shooter counterpart from your experience with the FPS...

Most Nintendo classics were great, because they were before Soccer Moms and Grandmothers. At the very least give them a try on the VC.

Freezewish

Smash Ace
I could never get into the Grand Theft Auto series. Maybe it was the excessive violence and "gangsta" theme of it. I also didnt like the Metroid series. Just something about it I wasnt really interested in.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Kingdom Hearts. The games are OK, just overrated.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kingdom Hearts. The games are OK, just overrated.
:(

I can't get into Animal Crossing. I'm trying sooo hard (playing City Folk right now), but the game just moves.... so.... slowly. I prefer the Rune Factory series any day. Or even Harvest Moon.

I'm not a huge fan of Halo either, but that's just because I don't have an XBox, so every time I play I suck at it.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wait, are you talking about the Berserker Lord? The huge thing that pops out once you get back to your ship? If you are, the reason you couldn't hit it is PROBABLY that you have to hit the things it shoots first, which go back and hit it, allowing a weak point for you to shoot.

Also, Prime 1 was definitely the best of the trilogy. If you haven't played it, do so before bypassing the Prime trilogy.

And definitely what Puddin said. I know I already told you this, but try the 2D games before you write off the entire franchise.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Oh goddy, I got a new game I don't like. Call of Duty sieres because I can't get into it and I don't like shooter games that well. A great match for my gaming mojo to suck in this game. O_o

K64

Smash Apprentice
Also, Prime 1 was definitely the best of the trilogy. If you haven't played it, do so before bypassing the Prime trilogy.
Right on! Prime was my first FPS and I was like O.O Friggin awsome! Without Prime, I would'nt be playing other games like TimeSplitters.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm going to be different and say that I actually LIKE the GTA series!

I don't much like racing games, however, save Mario Kart. Just not my thing.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't like Grand Turismo. It's fun for like 5 minutes then it just gets annoying. Starting out is incredibly frustrating, you need different licenses and different cars and all that crap. It just feels like too much. Call me casual but that's way too complicated.

lordsturm473

Smash Cadet
Gears of War 2.
I really wanted to like it. I really did. Then the whole thing just fell apart for me. The campaign isn't nearly as classic as the first one. With Gears 1, I think I've played through that campaign at least five times, and each time was just as much fun as the last. I'm almost done with Gears 2's campaign on Hardcore (first run-through) and I don't know if I can put up with it long enough to finish it. It's just depressing, and it feels like work.
I also expected them to fix the multiplayer, because Gears 1 was a great foundation, and I thought if they fixed some of the lag issues from Gears 1 and left everything else the same, it would've been an amazing experience. But instead there are just more issues, and (IMO) a worse matchmaking system.
It's just depressing how much that game was a letdown to me.

And I've never been much of a GTA guy. Yeah, going on rampages with the all-weapons-cheat was fun for five minutes, but I couldn't sit through the campaigns without using cheat codes or anything. I guess I could never take them seriously.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I don't like Grand Turismo. It's fun for like 5 minutes then it just gets annoying. Starting out is incredibly frustrating, you need different licenses and different cars and all that crap. It just feels like too much. Call me casual but that's way too complicated.
Whenever I hear about that new Clint Eastwood movie, Gran Turino, I always think they are talking about a Grand Turismo movie or something of the sorts...

I myself have been a Grand Theft Auto hater since forever. Not only does it make the gaming industry as an entity look bad, it's just not a fun game. Oh, let's go out and try to be "gangster" by doing things in a video game that if I did in real life, I would get arrested for!
That's sort of what Video Games are for, an escape from reality. While it certainly doesn't make you "gangster" claiming you play GTA because you get to do things like that it's still all of what Video Game's are about. But yeah I was never a big fan of GTA either, I usually enjoy sandbox games like that sort of like the Elder Scrolls series but you can see where there would be a difference between the Elder Scrolls and GTA...

shadow3.0

Smash Cadet
Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess (Why? Because I suck at LoZ and Link sucks without a sword)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I never did got into a lot The Legend of Zelda games. I didn't like the gameplay much, maybe it's just me. The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess is the first Zelda game I've ever owned because it came with the Wii I bought. It's not the first Zelda game I played though, that would be Link to the Past to Phantom Hourglass, (of course I didn't by that either).

Scott!

Smash Lord
Really not into the Kirby games. The characters and plots are intriguing, but, maybe it was because I started on the GB Kirby, with no powers just inhaling, but I turned the other cheek so to speak. I gave the series another shot with Air Ride, but I just wasn't interesting.
Not that you can't have your opinion, but Air Ride really isn't representative of the Kirby series very well at all. I love it, but if you want some powers with that inhale, I'd say try Crystal Shards. I really liked it, and I think it's either out, or coming soon on the VC.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
hmm.....how should i begin.....perhaps list them by name? or rather just post a huge list randomly placed...... Well here:

-Mario Party Series
-F-Zero Series
-Wii Sports (The worst, popular game I have EVER played)
-Actually most wii-series games and also everything related to Miis........ I mean c'mon how can these things invade character select screen in mario kart wii.... they just DO NOT BELONG EVERYWHERE.....as long as they dont invade pikmin/pokemom/metroid/Zelda AND HECK NOT SSBB i'll be fine
-Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
-All sucky 3rd party Movie-Based Games that people tend to buy just because they enjoyed their movies

....if i remember any other one ill be sure to add to the list....

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
How so? I thought the controls were perfectly fine.
Compare OoT controls to Twilight Princess controls. As in, play the former immediately after the latter.

I used to think I got better at Video games with age, but when I go back to the originals, I found out that the controls are 10x better in the new games. I don't find myself dying to early bosses simply because I am confused as to which direction I'm running in the new games. Jumps from one platform to another rarely end in death because I'm facing the correct direction in the newer games, and the camera is my friend, not my enemy on the harder jumps. Also, mid-air directional influence in Mario (not Zelda) games was genious, even if the toughest challenges were made significantly easier by it. Unfortunately, the boss and level difficulty has not caught up to the intuitive controls of the new games.

D

Deleted member

Guitar Hero/Rock Band. I laugh so hard when people buy this, I say something like this "Haha, you just spent $90 to hit dots". Classic.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Really not into the Kirby games. The characters and plots are intriguing, but, maybe it was because I started on the GB Kirby, with no powers just inhaling, but I turned the other cheek so to speak. I gave the series another shot with Air Ride, but I just wasn't interesting.
Your not human! No human would ever talk bad about a Kirby game, ok the two Kirby games you said were not the best in the sieres, matter in fact, they're the worst in the sieres, (but really, there is no such thing as a bad Kirby game). You have to play Kirby Adventure, (it's on VC), Kirby Super Star, Kirby 64 Crystal Shards, (on the VC as well), Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, and let's not forget the best of them all, Kirby Super Star Ultra, though a remake, it's been remade much better than before.

chriskikz

Smash Cadet
Finally a group who doesnt like gangster games!!!!!

I have looked through this thread and found tons of people who hate GTA game.....Where im from everybody loves them..but the game is so fake you can run around a city with an RPG kill people then manage to get away from the cops.....its just not real life....Hate the game, think its useless and shouldnt have came out. I also hate resident evil games or just zombie games in general.......its not right a zombie dies from a headshot because the virus only animates the brain to a certain extent so the brain is very weak 1 hit kill is what it should be.
Thanx for reading,
Chriskikz(a flying clown: Xbox live Add Me:chuckle:)

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
I guess im the 1st one to say this

I dislike Guitar Hero/Rockband
Well i play them at friends house and i dont get how its so "addicting".
I play a electric guitar and basically guitar hero/rockband, is taking people away from playing a real guitar or people who plays guitar,stop because of guitar hero/rockband.

But this is my opinion so yeah.

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
I just don't like Halo all that much.

I think Golden Eye for the 64 was the best shooter IMO

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I can't stand Earthbound. I gave it a shot but the combat bored me and it really wasn't my type of game. Other than that GTA series IMO are way overrated. Thy're alright but not as great as they are made out to be.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Any shooter set in World War II(I think every WW2 shooter ever made is straight-up garbage)
Guitar Hero series
Tekken series
Soulcalibur(the first three, IV is alright in my book)

Top Bottom